All reviews metro station vatican city booked a standard room free wifi via cola di rienzo minute walk piazza del popolo lovely hotel pastries hotel restaurant would definitely stay here again walked everywhere spanish steps stayed for nights main attractions small hotel visit to rome
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Metropolis Hotel in Rome. It's very conveniently located, a short walking distance away from the major sights Rome has to offer. A metro station is also close by for travelling further in the city.
The staff was very friendly and passionate. True Italians!
The squeeky clean rooms were modern and had free wifi. That always gets a thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank th8008
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for her birthday weekend.
The hotel was a nice boutique hotel which was very comfortable and breakfast was great.
A couple of minor gripes was that there was no wi-fi in the hotel which i dont understand as all hotels have internet and there was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
The hotel although a 15 minute walk to the vatican there no restaurants or cafes nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Hotel Metropolis! We intended to stay one night in a double room for celebrate my wife' birthday where else but in Rome. In fact, arriving at the reception we have got an upgrade in a superb suite with jacuzzi as a gift.What can I say anymore? It was absolutely marvelous. Very clean room, good breakfast, confortable bed, a real four star hotel at a great price. Station metro Lepanto is at 200 meters , Saint Peter Cathedral , Saint Angelo or Navona at 10 minutes walking or one metro station. Via Cola di Rienzo full of shops is the next bulevard. There is even a big DeSpar market at 50 meters. We felt like actors in a good italian romantic movie. THANK YOU METROPOLIS ! See you next year!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CristiMihai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights in room 303. Good location, close walking distance to the Vatican but not a 4* hotel at all. Where to start - asked for an iron, no iron. Which 4* or for that matter any hotel doesn't these days offer an iron? We could send out clothes but it was 5 euro a shirt! ridiculous. 2nd, noisy, could hear street noise with windows closed and 2 chatterboxes in room next to us - so walls must be very thin for us to hear them talking. Room was also really dark and no proper duvet, very think sheet. My husband's complaint was the bed was too hard also - that is fine by me however. I was overall really disappointed with this hotel, it is not cheap, we paid £718.00 for 3 nights which i think is a rip off for what we experienced. Breakfast was ok, bathroom needs updating, no extraction and grouting needs re-doing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pooja79
Reviewed October 21, 2013

So where do I start.

Basically my boyfriend and I booked this hotel as part of our trip to Italy. We traveled 3 hours by train from another part of Italy, and then a metro as this hotel is not central like we thought.
Upon arrival we were told (not politely) by a useless staff member that our room was not ready, it was now 6pm. And also that our room would not be ready at all during our staff. Lovely news after travelling.
The "lady" at the reception informed us that previous guests had destroyed their rooms, wet the carpets, and our room was unavailable due to this.
I would understand if she was in any way nice about it but she was nothing but rude. She then told us without any options that she had a taxi waiting for us to go to their sister hotel "Smart Hotel" which she said was more superior.
I told her I wanted to take time to research this other hotel, and as I sat down she rudely informs me that our taxi is waiting, when I tell her I'm researching she asks if I'd like to make my own way there or stay in a room with destroyed carpets!

To cut a long story short, we took the taxi to the other hotel & honestly, I'm glad we stayed at Smart Hotel because it was much nicer & in a pretty good location, far better than Metropolis!

All I can say from this experience is, don't stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple