All reviewsmetro stationvatican citybooked a standard roomfree wifivia cola di rienzominute walkpiazza del popololovely hotelpastrieshotel restaurantwould definitely stay here againwalked everywherespanish stepsstayed for nightsmain attractionssmall hotelvisit to rome
Reviewed October 21, 2013

So where do I start.

Basically my boyfriend and I booked this hotel as part of our trip to Italy. We traveled 3 hours by train from another part of Italy, and then a metro as this hotel is not central like we thought.
Upon arrival we were told (not politely) by a useless staff member that our room was not ready, it was now 6pm. And also that our room would not be ready at all during our staff. Lovely news after travelling.
The "lady" at the reception informed us that previous guests had destroyed their rooms, wet the carpets, and our room was unavailable due to this.
I would understand if she was in any way nice about it but she was nothing but rude. She then told us without any options that she had a taxi waiting for us to go to their sister hotel "Smart Hotel" which she said was more superior.
I told her I wanted to take time to research this other hotel, and as I sat down she rudely informs me that our taxi is waiting, when I tell her I'm researching she asks if I'd like to make my own way there or stay in a room with destroyed carpets!

To cut a long story short, we took the taxi to the other hotel & honestly, I'm glad we stayed at Smart Hotel because it was much nicer & in a pretty good location, far better than Metropolis!

All I can say from this experience is, don't stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Claudyd
Reviewed September 16, 2013

i just got back from a trp to Rome and stayed at the Metropolis Hotel. The hotel which seems very nice in the lobby, is not very close to most sights so if you like to take in the city by walking like we do, I would not recommend the location. There is also no other restaurants on the street aside from the hotel restaurant. We didn’t eat there but I must say that we were happy with the breakfast selection and staff but here are the other cons aside from the bad location. We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and although I requested a non-smoking room, the bathroom smelled of smoke. It also smelled of smoke every day when we would get back to our room and we are not smokers so we were not sure why this was so. The carpets were dirty with cigarette burns and just dirt, the curtain had a stain on it and the WORST part was the MOLD in the bathroom shower stall! I'm shocked as I have never seen mold in a bathroom in any hotel I have ever stayed in. The rod for the toilet paper and hand towels by the sink also broke off immediately as we got into the room. Overall, the staff was nice and good breakfast but the hotel certainly was not what it claims to be and not the star rating it should be. I would suggest staying in a more central hotel with cleaner rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MMagdalena
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for first 3 days in Rome for honeymoon.
Hotel is located 5-7 minutes ago from Lepante metro station (by walk).
Staff was so nice bringing us plate of fruits right after check-in! Thanks! Also a lady on reception advised us about attractions and places to see.
It's hard to find parking place in front of the hotel, but you can get one around.
Room is clean and comfortable. There is a bidet in bathroom which I never had in other countries I've been before.
There are writings on carpet saying "welcome" in few languages. That was funny to find out that there was a writing in my language from my side of the bed and in Estonian language from my husband's side )))
Breakfast was very good!
So I would recommend this hotel. You won't regret :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Munani
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here twice, for two weeks for business. It is a nice hotel with good sized rooms, a nice staff too. The hotel is in a residential/office district. You can walk to the Vatican in around twenty minutes. A taxi will take 5 minutes and around 7 euro.

There is a restaurant which is very good for breakfast, but evening meals are very average, salty and the place is very quiet a night. Better to grab a bowl of Pasta at Borgio Pio on the way home.

The broadband is very poor in the hotel too, but they've promised to work on that.

It is well priced for the area, but be warned it is quite a distance from the old city, Trevi fountain etc. If you need to be close to the Vatican this is the place to be. But there are hotels much closer which will save a lot on taxi's.

it was nice and perfectly fine, but I don't think I'd stay again due to the non central location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for a 2 night stay in June. We arrived much earlier than expected but this wasn't an issue and they got our room ready for us. The room was one of the exec suites on the top floor and it was huge with a very modern bathroom. The entire hotel was really clean and very smart, and the restaurant area was really sweet with brick walls and arched ceilings. The breakfast food was a lovely morning feast and all of the staff in the hotel were extremely helpful all of the time! The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the vatican and probably 30 mins all the at down to the colosseum but there is lots to see on the way through and we didn't notice the distance. We didn't use any public transport to get around as the location is great, close enough but just out of the way so it's quiet on an evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple