Hotel Metropolis - Chateaux & Hotels Collection
$356
$278
Capo d'Africa
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$192
$725
$1,402
$770
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationvatican cityfree wificity breakminute walkpiazza del popololovely hotelpastrieshotel restaurantwould definitely stay here againfour star hotelexcellent breakfastquiet neighborhoodair conditionwalked everywherespanish stepsstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The room is fine for what you need. Theres no bath, but who needs it in this weather..!?

The main let down was the restaurant. My wife and i planned on walking to a nearby restaurant, but as it was raining, we decided to eat at the hotel.

The food was fine, but well over priced. Plus there was only fish on the menu. Fish starter, fish pasta, fish main.

This is our fourth night in Rome and we have been to many fine dining restaurants. The restaurants outside main tourist attractions are much more value for money and have a much, much better view...

One plus side, the one and only waiter/bar man/room service guy was amazing. In a room of 26 people, he served the food, prepared and served the drinks, and took room service to guests rooms. All with a smile on his face..

In summary, i would advise to stay here but eat somewhere else. There are far, far better places to eat at half the price.

1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I visited Rome a couple of weeks ago for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Hotel Metropolis. The hotel is in an amazing location! It is close to St Peters, the Vatican City and it’s Museum, the Piazza di Spagna, the Spanish Steps, Castel Sant’Angelo, the Piazza del Popolo, the Villa Borghese, etc... It’s in an area that’s well connected, by buses and the Lepanto metro stop on line A, which means that you can get anywhere in Rome for a great day out! The Hotel itself is beautiful. The decor is breathtaking from the moment you step into the lobby. We had a great stay in Rome, and especially in the Hotel Metropolis. We had a jacuzzi in our room which was such a nice surprise!

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and the staff are so friendly. Any room would be ideal!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

On our latest trip to Italy, we spent a lot of time in Rome (about two months) and apartment-hopped for the most part. We did spend a weekend in the Hotel Metropolis while we were in between accommodations and we were really happy with our choice. We wanted to stay out of the main tourist fray and thought the Prati neighborhood was perfect. We had walked through the neighborhood previously and kept it in mind for future reference. The hotel's restaurant was great and the staff at the hotel was fantastic. The room was very cool--a good size and the furnishings were super modern. We didn't spring for a Jacuzzi room but we peeked into one and it was very cool! The breakfast downstairs was great--standard options, but quality was good. I loved the modern design, very Italian. We loved the Hotel Metropolis's proximity to the Tiber River--great for people watching--and we loved the easy access to Piazza del Popolo. We had already been to the Vatican and with all of the pope hubub we didn't really want to venture back over there, but for those visitors who want a hotel close to the Vatican (especially first-timers), I would say HM is a great choice. Very close and convenient for those early wake-up calls to go stand in line for the museum. We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Metropolis--it fit in perfectly with the rest of our Rome trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel Metropolis Rome was the second destination on my new husband and I's honeymoon-trip. Believe me, we did an AWFUL lot of searching to find the fanciest "best bang for the back" hotels. The hotel itself was extremely beautiful, and there was lots of historical architecture yet still remains fresh and modern. The whole place was honestly like 1 big piece of artwork. As a graphic designer, these things are important to me.

The rooms were extremely spacious, and It felt more like living in a small house vs a hotel room. The jacuzzi was used frequently. Very frequently.

The staff was really nice and helpful. I get kind of lost easily, and they made sure we got to the right place. (This is why I'm not the one that drives!)

Outside the hotel, the entire city and surrounding area was lovely. The Prati neighborhood had lots of stores for shopping, many restaurants to try... The local people seemed very happy and polite to tourists! I'd love to come back!

It's pretty close to some major attractions, like St. Peter's, Vatican City, the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, and many many more. The bus system made it a snap to get to all these places. It felt like an adventure, there was so much stuff to explore. I come from a small town, so it was really exciting.

I hope to visit again the future, it was definitely something I will remember for a looooong time!

Room Tip: Ive only stayed once, so i cant say which is better than another!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for two days in June and was not satisfied by the experience. I will give credit to the hotel for the proximity to the Vatican sites and the metro. This is obviously helpful for exploring the city. I have stayed in very nice trendy, chic budget hotels in other places before, but the Metropolis Hotel left much to be desired when compared to my previous experiences. We were given a room with NO window (a covered skylight let in a sliver of light) that was very claustrophobic. I could hardly sit in the room for more than a half hour. It felt like I was on the inside level of a cruise ship or something. The pictures that are posted by the hotel do not accurately represent these rooms with no window but they really are horrible and I do recommend getting a guarantee of a room with a window before booking a stay here. I also found the customer service reaction to my request about a room with a window to be very rude - almost as if I should have known that the room would have no window. The room was also very small, although I expect this for a budget hotel of this type. The bathtub setup is also very weird - there is a small plastic pane that blocks only half of the bathtub so all of the water spills out and makes the floor of the bathroom very wet when taking a shower (see pic). This seems to be something common in Italian hotels but I found it very annoying. The breakfast was mediocre at best and you could probably do better grabbing a coffee and pastry from an outside place.

Room Tip: Do not get a room without a window. It is very claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple