“Was great, not now” 3 of 5 bubbles

Fiaschetteria Beltramme
Ranked #350 of 12,046 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
“Was great, not now”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place used to be the greatest simple fare because of fantastic produce served in a simplictic way. Not so good raw material and more fancy preparation has reduced the quality. Good and pleasant service

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Just perfect, honestly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Outstanding service. We had to reserve for 1h later when we arrived and there was no terrace, but the ambiance in there, the service and the food were well worth it, million miles away from the usual tourist food in Rome.

This is the most authentic restaurant you are going to find intra muros. To try absolutely.

• Visited July 2013
NYC
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here, probably one of the best ever. The women who run the place are very nice and helpful. They made great recommendations for wine and food. The tiramisu for dessert was phenomenal!! This is a great little restaurant with a lot history, really good food and friendly service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fleur917
Copenhagen, Denmark
“New owners - but still very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We arrived just before noon on a Saturday, no need to queue and we were given a table straight away. The 2 ladies serving were helpful even if one could speak very little English. They suggested 3 different pasta dishes, and they were served one by one, steaming on a huge platter which the 8 of us shared. They were seriously good - but large portions. The place filled up, mostly with native Italians. We loved the place and considering the area the prices were very fair.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank spark41
Sevilla, España
“Excellent food and and excellent atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I loved this restaurant. It was listed in my guidebook and when we went in they sat us at a communal square table for eight people. A nice surprise was that the other 6 people were Italians. They were very friendly and helped us choose the different dishes from the menu. We had pasta, pork and beef as well as side dishes of vegetables and dessert. The house wine was excellent and the service great. The only disappointment is that they don't serve coffee, which I found surprising.
We did have an embarrassing moment when we finished our meal. I stood up to pay with my partner's wallet and when he stood up to wait as well I handed him his wallet and went to the restroom. When I came out I said goodbye to the waitresses and we headed out the door. As we were walking down the street, all of the sudden I heard someone running behind us. When I turned around it was the waitress. We had left without paying. It was a highly embarrassing moment and we apologized profusely for the mix up. I had thought my partner had paid while I was in the restroom and he thought I had paid before I went.
Fortunately the restaurant staff were very nice about the confusion and we paid the bill, that with tip, came out to 70€. We thought the price was excellent for the quality we received.

Visited March 2013