“Friendly, helpful, clean and charming!”

In The Center You Too
Ranked #181 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent five nights here in the Bocca della Verita room. Very cosy, quiet with my own private bathroom just a few steps down the hall. Francesco kindly helped me up the stairs with my pack and also have my invaluable tips for travelling through Rome, with restaurant recommendations and not-to-miss sights. Highly recommend :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah J
There are newer reviews for In The Center You Too

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The location is perfect for someone visiting rome. We walked to the hotel from the railway station and it is only about 15 minutes walk to the Colosseum.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. You can even ask them about travel tips around rome.

The breakfast served at the bar on the opposite side of the road was quite good too.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vpjayasiri
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The location is great, only a 2 or 3 minute walk to the metro. Francesco was working while I was there, and he was extremely helpful, giving restaurant ideas and directions. I was suffering from a broken elbow and ribs while there, so he was kind enough to carry my bags up to the room. The B&B is in a safe location is what was probably once an elegant building. It is mostly run down now but the B&B was clean and quit and the neighborhood felt safe. My biggest issue with the place was climbing the 4 flights of stairs due to my recent injuries. However, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Although I would have to agree with other reviewers that Andrea was a MOST charming and informative host, I cannot honestly recommend the facility. When I travel, I try to use B&B accommodations for the convenience of amenities such as available coffee/tea. Not necessarily “Breakfast” which is usually a Continental style (coffee, rolls, juice, etc). I also have never encountered a B&B without hairdryer at least.
Our arrival at ITCFY was fine. Andrea was a wonderful host helping us up the 82 stairs (which we admittedly did NOT plan on). Unfortunately, our room was not prepared. Although a double bed was in place, the ‘cot’ for the third person was not. We asked that it be brought in ASAP. The bathroom sink was backed up whenever used, the previous guests shower mats and some towels (ugh) were hanging on our “balcony” overlooking a courtyard of many other residents drying laundry.
Andrea was very helpful going over the area map and we appreciated his help. When informed that, in fact, the “Breakfast” was to be found outside, away from the building (across the street or a block or so up the street) we were informed that, no, there is nothing available on site. Unusual and frankly annoying as the walk up and down the previously mentioned 82 steps made going out in the neighborhood for a coffee at night unimaginable. The B&B is located on the fringe of Chinatown and barely on the edge of the map. So, look out if you wander one or two streets off the grid.
We wandered around the locale to find food (most places close from 3pm-7pm) for three hours. Returning to the room- still no bed. No way of contacting Andrea or Danielle without a mobile. Did contact eventually via email and Andre returned to put bed in place. Again VERY accommodating. No fault found with this charming young man.
It is by no means located conveniently to any of the main attractions Roma offers. We decided that, after essentially losing out first day in Rome, we would not endure it for 3 more and made arrangements to move the next morning. Suffice to say escaping the property was an effort as there was a problem communicating that we would pay for the night spent (if we’d found accommodations that night we WOULD have left) but that we were gone. Again Andrea was very sweet and carried our luggage out as well as calling a taxi for us.
If the website had indicated the amount of stairs (anyone with limitations could NOT have made it) and clarified that, in fact, it is NOT a traditional B&B, ie, HAS breakfast/coffee on site, there would have been no problem.
So. As long as the stairs and lack of amenities and poor location is not a problem, you will do fine. Andrea is wonderful. The room was clean and tidy. Just don’t expect shampoo, soap, soft towels, food/drink or direct communication without a phone.
Check out http://www.hotelcortinarome.com. Our visit to Rome was salvaged because of the wonderful rooms and treatment here. Ciao!
Also, check your charges when you check out. Overcharged @ $10USD but too happy to be gone rather than deal with it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathryn C
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend this BnB for single travelers, couples, couples with children. The staff Andrea was very friendly n helpful. Upon arrival he came downstairs to take up the luggage 3 floors and then explained the map of Rome very well. He also shared details of some good places to eat nearby. Whenever he saw me around, he asked if my stay was comfortable, whether I needed something or not. The breakfast is served at a cafe on the opposite side of the road but that's not a bad idea either.
Location wise this is very centrally located (Close to the Colosseum, metro station Manzoni and the Termini main station) Very clean BnB n friendly staff. would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aaratrika
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our host, Andrea, was always there to offer help regarding transportation, nearby restaurants, etc. He helped carry our luggage up several flights of stairs. Our room was clean & comfortable with a good shower. The WIFI ( free) reception was a wonderful plus. The nearby retaurants he recommended made us feel welcome & a part of the neighborhood, rather than tourists to be gouged with high prices. Everyone in the area was friendly. The location, between 2 subway(Metro) stops was ideal.
The last day, Andrea went above & beyond to carry all our luggage downstairs & personally
accompany us to the Metro, where , after 2 stops, we were at the TERMINI Station in time to catch our 6:10 am bus to the airport. He actually purchased the tickets for us & made sure we were settled aboard before leaving.
This B&B has reasonable prices & is worth every Euro. We would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Read all the Travel Advisor reviews before selecting a hotel or B&B. The area was quiet & th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was simply nice to stay at this B&B! I was with my friends in Rome and this place was very nice and clean, the service was good and the rooms quite big and sunny. I like it. Is near the main railway station. Go stay there! :)

Room Tip: If you want to smoke, choose one with balcony! :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends