“Too cold in your room? Open the window!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Euro Quiris

Hotel Euro Quiris
Ranked #1,682 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Moscow
“Too cold in your room? Open the window!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We got to Rome in the period of fall of temperature this April. It was +10 outside and the same temperature inside our room!
When we asked hotel staff to do something - turn on heater, air conditioning to warmth or sth else of the kind, the staff man replied - "Let me explain you, dear. All romans are in the same situation now, it's fall of temperature. If you are cold - open the window and try to get warm". And after that he called to booking.com to tell them that we were trouble clients.

I go to Italy quite often and have never seen that treatment of clients in hotels!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ivanna S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

1. After we had got there , Marco the owner tells us that he has us booked us into another place three blocks away.
It turned out that it really was three blocks away, but the rooms were better than the main Euro Quiris.Looks like he owns the other place too so we didn't have to deal with any other person, which is just fine.

2.Marco the disbeliever that he is, had two days room charges pre - authorized from my credit card. In addition he insists that we pay in cash at check - in. I'd read about this thing on a previous review so I had the cash ready.
However the pre authorization turned to be only that and I wasn't billed any extra.

3. For 'breakfast', it turns out he gave us coupons for a coffee and croissant each which had to presented at a local cafe to be redeemed. It is a rather undignified ( i am forty years old and a doctor ) way to have breakfast.

4. The room has no heating.

5. Finally however Marco has been true to his word if not true to the spirit of hospitality.

6. Given that we look for budget hotels, I suppose that we get what we pay for, but for this money I got far less hospitality here than I did at Paris or Geneva.

Would I recommend it? I would , because at least he wasn't rude or dishonest.
And yes, apart from the lack of heating ,the room was very clean and good. I am reasonably satisfied.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

+ Good location, very near Termini station...center of everything
+ Good information, the reception really take good care of you
+ Really Clean room, the maid clean your room everyday during my stay
- No heater at the time, it was a bit cold
- The bed is not comfortable
- No Breakfast or you can't get hot water

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank SUPATRA A
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

4 or 5 mins from Station Termini, Metro & Buses. Perfectly sited for getting around Rome on foot or by public transport.

Don't be put off by the area (it looks rough but there are so many Hotels, cafe bars, restaurants there that you are never alone in the dark streets and never feel threatened in any way), the exterior of the building or your first view inside the front door. The reception, as has been mentioned in other reviews, is on the 3rd floor. I don't know if they have rooms on that floor but mine was on the 5th. The lift that has been criticized is fine! Small? Yes ... but it's quick, so if you're in a party of 4, with large bags, and used it one person at a time, it would take 4-5 mins for all 4 to get to the 3rd floor reception. I have no idea why somebody quoted an hour!!

The room I had was very clean (and cleaned each day), 2 single beds in the room, which were comfortable, plenty of hot water & good water pressure in the shower. As for noise, I had no disturbance at all from outside. Yes, you occasionally hear a door close in another room nearby, but only if you are awake anyway .... or so light a sleeper that the sound of your own breathing would probably wake you up!!

I paid 40 euros a night for the 3 nights I stayed there (7th,8th,9th Dec) when another Hotel (with a FAR worse lift!) only 5 mins away was asking for 100 euros a night!!

As regards the comments made earlier about 'passport being held until cash was paid' 'cash was demanded' etc.. This is the way most, if not all, Hotels in this area work. I was told the same thing, "I'll keep your passport until you get the cash" ... so what? It meant I could have paid at anytime during the stay, and that I wouldn't/couldn't skip out without paying. I had the cash on me anyway as I knew what to expect. Unless you are VERY naive, you know why they ask for cash payment ;)

I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Rome :)

By the way, if you like Chinese food, there is an excellent Chinese restaurant 2 mins away ... exit the building, turn right, take the first road on the left & then the first left. Restaurant is maybe 20yards/metres along on the left hand side :))

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank osbornet
Saint-Denis, La Réunion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

We got some trouble to find the entrance of the hotel but one inside, it was great

5 minute from de railway station it is really usefull when you have no money for taxi and many luggage

Staff was really nice and we got a free room upgrade, we were really happy about that
The room was spacious, with flat screen, we loved the bathroom, and just next to the hotel theyr is a wonderfull small restaurant with excellent pizza to take away.

Very Very good !!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed two nights in this hotel in Rome. It is just around the corner from Termini rail station and in an excellent location for access to trains, busses, metro lines and the airport shuttle bus. The staff was very friendly and helpful and had maps and tips. The hotel appears to have been renovated recently and the rooms (I stayed in two rooms on two different visits) were recently painted, with new bathrooms, curtains and bedspreads.
This was an excellent choice in a budget hotel, one of the nicest I have stayed in in this category and I would most definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, pleasant place to stay in an excellent position in the center of Rome.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kritaly
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Euro Quiris is extremely handy for the main railway station - Stazione Termini - which is just 2 or 3 minutes' walk away (provided you use the right exit - turn right at the end of the platforms and take the NE exit onto Via Marsala). By comparison you can easily walk much further within the station itself to get to some of the platforms. Unlike the equivalent area in some cities, the streets around Termini feel reasonably safe even at night, with many hotels and places to eat, so this isn't a bad area to stay if you're travelling by train.

The hotel has an unimpressive entrance and stairwell, and the lift is best described as quaint, but once you get to the reception on the 3rd floor it's a different matter. Bright and clean, with very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was also very clean.

The only downside was an ancient and very creaky mattress. Our sleep was occasionally disturbed not by the comfort but by the noise of the springs. We did notice a new mattress being delivered to one of the other rooms, so maybe they have this in hand.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple