“Traditional Roman at its very best!”

Clemente Alla Maddalena
Ranked #1,695 of 12,955 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Don't be fooled by the fact that this is a block away from the Pantheon where there are loads of tourist-attracting restaurants.

Tucked in a little Piazza this is a perfect restaurant in all aspects. The pasta was exquisite the service was outstanding and the environment made you feel at home but absolutely best in class.

No snob just quality. The artichokes a la Romana are the best I have ever experienced.

Truly exceptional. This is one of those extremely rare moments I have given a restaurant 5 out of 5.

1  Thank nocomment26

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This restaurant really does excel, this is the 2nd time we have eaten here and the food really is exceptional. The staff are great and nothing is too much trouble. There were 4 of us who all had different things on the menu which were all delicious. Looking forward to eating here again

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We choose for our party of five to dine here as the chef Rita was an award winning chef, the write up looked very impressive as she sources all her meat, fish and vegetables.
We had an inside table for five which overlooked the piazza, the staff opened the French doors so we could look outside and with the fresh air entering was enjoyable.
We found the menu to be very small in dishes especially in fish, starting with pasta and the fillet steak all was cooked well but was very bland lacking in flavours, desert was nice I had the chocolate soufflé which was superb
Staff were polite and serviced our table as expected, just a shame about the bland food

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I, and 2 other couples, recently dined at Clemente Alla Maddalena. What a great experience. The staff was very welcoming and the service was terrific. Most importantly, the food was excellent. We couldn't have been more pleased with our evening. The restaurant is located on a cute little square right by the Pantheon, and close to the Piazza Navona. I highly recommend this restaurant, and we will be sure to return on our next visit to Rome.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on a recommendation of a co-worker. I made reservations on line about a month before we left and I am glad I did as the restaurant was very crowded by 8:30 or so. We opted to each inside rather than in the patio area and after reading comments about the vendors (and seeing them approach diners) I am glad we did. We had the one room to ourselves with the exception of one other table. The service was good and I thought the waiters were very attentive without being in your face all the time. The food was one of the best I have had in a very long time and it was the best meal we had during our two week trip to Italy. The lamb chops I had were perfect and my appetizer, the warm rolls with mozarella, mortadella and eggplant ragu was exceptional. My husband had the artichokes Roman style for an appetizer and had the fillet of beef with porcini mushrooms for his main course. Neither of us had a pasta course but of course had to save room for dessert. The tiramisu was fantastic, light and flavorful. All in all a fantastic meal and a memorable one! I highly recommend you dine here when you come to Rome.