“Wonderful B&B! Would definitely stay here again!”
Review of B&B San Peter Area

B&B San Peter Area
Ranked #635 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We travelled from Toronto to Rome June 18-20th. I found this B&B on Tripadvisor and found the reviews to be great. Well this place definitely lives up to its reviews!
Marius (the owner) arranged our transportation from the airport (approx 50 euro). He then brought us to the our room which was immaculate. Very modern bathroom. Nice large balcony with view of the Vatican. Marius then gave us a map of Rome and marked all the tourist points on it for us.
He arrived at the B&B early every morning to provide breakfast in the kitchen and answered any questions we had.
This place is in a nice area near the Vatican. Lots of cafes/restaurants along the street and the locals there are so friendly.
We would definitely stay here again.
Thank you very much for your hospitality Marius!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 18, 2011

The rooms at this B&B are very spacious, clean and relatively new. The kitchen is complete and ideal for those who may want to prepare food themselves. This was perfect for us as we did not know any good restaurants in town and were unable to be out so late because of the children. Location is perfect for those who want to see the St. Peters and is some meters away from the nearest Metro. Access to tourist bus stations is also a walking distance away, as well as a small market for fresh fruits and vegetables. Marius was a big help, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, generous and more than the standard continental stuff one gets at nearby tourist hotels. This is one place we are sure to return to and have readily recommended to friends. THank you for a pleasant stay in Rome Marius.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank acmunich
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I had been traveling around a bit by the time I got to this B&B and I was already getting pretty tired of outdated rooms and uncomfortable beds. Then, my prayers were answered. I booked a room here based on the recommendation of a friend and I could not have been happier with that decision.

First off, everything was clean. I had no qualms about being barefoot or putting blankets or sheets to my face (which unfortunately is rare in most hotels). Then, the decor is tasteful and modern. I hate staying in an outdated room which just feels depressing. The complimentary breakfast is actually very filling and worth getting up early for. Also, the owner makes a fantastic cappuccino. I may or may not have had several with breakfast. Don't judge me.

The location is perfect! It's less than a 5 minute stroll to the Vatican and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants around. It's also within walking distance to Trastevere and the main sights of Rome.

Other awesome things: there is an elevator. YES! Those of you with uncooperative luggage, rejoice! Also, the owner, Marius, is very friendly and helpful.

Basically, next time I come back to Rome, I'm staying here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tns777
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Even before our trip had begun, Marius emailed my brother to ask if we wanted an airport pick up service to take us to the B&B which worked out only about 2 or 3 euros extra each than getting a train and bus. So if there are 3 or more of people in your group I would definitely recommend this.
Once we got to the B&B from Fiumicino Airport, which took about 30 minutes, taking in some of the sights of Rome along the way. The driver kindly pointed out to us certain buildings, streets etc, and also took us past the stunning view of Rome from the top of Gianicolo Hill which we would not have discovered had it not been for the the driver. When we eventually got to our B&B, Marius greeted us and was very friendly, polite and instantly made us feel welcome. He marked out points of interest, the main shopping streets, bus routes, ice cream shops etc all on a map that he gave us and told us that the cafe which was literally next door sold the Roma Pass(well worth buying by the way).
The room itself was very clean, modern, tastefully decorated, with a nice balcony view of the street and you could see the top of St. Peter's Basilica in the distance. The beds were comfortable and all had the memory foam mattresses, the en-suite was excellent with the walk in shower providing a powerful blast of hot water in the mornings to get us wide awake for the breakfast and the day ahead. The breakfast was brilliant, Marius' cappucinos are some of the nicest i've had and certainly put to shame the cappucinos you get in the coffee shops here. The rest of the breakfast was really nice and was made up of croissants, pastries, sandwiches, freshly made cake and fruit juice. We had no problems whatsoever with the area and is ideally located for you to walk around Vatican City and the surrounding area. There is a bus stop for the No. 64 bus which takes you to the heart of Rome and there is a taxi stand right outside the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes nearby and felt like a safe neighbourhood to walk around in. I would have no hesitation in staying here again, thanks again Marius for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Everything was great about the B&B. The owner, Marius, was a great host - he helped us sort our trip out by providing a map and marking out the main shopping streets, sights and the bus route needed to get back to the B&B. The room was brilliant, and was cleaned everyday. The view from the balcony was lovely with the top of St Peter's Basilica viewable in the distance. The best thing though, was probably the breakfast provided by Marius. Fresh pastries, sandwiches, juice and a lovely cappuccino made for a perfect start to each day we were there. Location was brilliant too, with the Vatican 2 minutes walk away, or the city centre about 20 minutes walk away. Or you could get a bus as the bus stop was literally outside the doors of the B&B. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed at S. Pietro alle fornaci for four nights during my trip to Italy. From the time I was trying to book the trip for the whole family, I was having dificulties on finding a place for 10 people. When I contacted Marius, at S. Pietro alle fornaci, he suggested we booked the entire bed and breakfast, which would be three rooms, the living room and kitchen only for us. that was perfect. My in-laws could feel a bit at home, since they could have their coffee or tea aand maybe have something to eat anytime they want.

Marius was very nice and brought us breakfast every morning. I have to say, tough, that our first day had us wow at breakfast and the other days, not so much. But that was ok, we could also go to other places aroud the hotel.

Well, that leads to another point: location. That is the incredible. You get to be close to everything, especially to the Basilica and the Vatican Museum. Even to Trastevere or Piazza Navona, a half-hour walk would take you there.

Since we had the hotel for us, there were no problemas with noise or any kind of disturbance.

Thanks Marius for everything, from the contact previous to our arrival in Rome to our stay itself.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We stayed for one night prior to a cruise. Convenient location to San Pietro train station and the Vatican; literally five minute walk to each location. Driver (arranged through Marius) had some difficulty finding the place, but once there we were met by Marius for a quick check-in.
Room: Clean, comfortable, quiet. Bedding and other linens were fine. Our room didn't have much of a view, but we didn't care since we were only there for one night. For an extended stay, I would ask for a room with a balcony. We did not see any other rooms, so cannot comment on them. There was a coffee maker available outside our room in the common area. We had brought packets of decaf coffee with us and utilized the coffee pot to heat water. There was some packaged tea and some rolls there as well, but we didn't use them. The following morning we used the coupons given to us by Marius to get a wonderful pastry and hot cup of coffee across the street from our room. It was good, but not what I would call a sufficient breakfast. You will need to eat lunch out as one pastry and one cup of coffee is not sufficent to hold off hunger until dinner. Marius allowed us a late check out the next day, which was much appreciated as we wanted to explore more of the Vatican area before departing around 2:00 p.m. for the cruise terminal. It was great to go back to the B&B in the afternoon have access to a bathroom, pick up our luggage and head for the train station. Even if the room had been rented that day, Marius would have allowed us to leave our luggage out in the common area. To clarify for those who may not have experience staying in this type of accomodation, you enter from a locked door at street level, go up a set of stairs to the locked apartment door. (Marius helped me with my bags, my husband carried his own.) The apartment door opens to a wide hallway (the common area leading to three separate doors and where the kitchenette was located) The third key opens your private bedroom/bath area. If you are an independent traveler, you really cannot go wrong with this B&B.. To explore all areas of Rome efficiently from this location you should be prepared to use public transportation. We only explored the Vatican area from this location. I would estimate a 45 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain/Spanish step area and at least that to the Coliseum area.
We walked to the San Pietro train station with our luggage in about 12 minutes or so. It was raining, and our luggage was heavy so this slowed us down considerably, otherwise it would be an easy 5 minute walk. We each had a carry on bag and a larger bag. A word of warning regarding the San Pietro station; a platform change was announced in Italian only a few minutes before the train was to arrive. Without the help of a kind lady, we would not have known to take our luggage and quickly head to another platform. (this involved going back down and up another set of stairs...ugh!) She realized we hadn't understood the message and came over to us and in broken English got us to the right platform. There was no other way we would have known what to do if not for her kindness. One annoucement in Italian only and no boards posting this information. If you don't speak Italian and use this train station, I advise you to ask someone if you are at the right platform for your destination. That way if a last minute change is announced they will hopefully let you know about it.
In conclusion, this B&B was great and very convenient to the area we wanted to explore that first day and a half.
Since we only had one night pre-cruise and two post cruise, we chose to stay in two different locations in Rome to maximize our limited time there. Upon returning to Rome from our cruise we stayed at the Albergo Cesari. It was more expensive, but the breakfast buffet was wonderful and the location cannot be beat for exploring the historical area of Rome on foot. Both accomodations were nice, albeit very different in services provided. Independent travelers will love the B&B. If you need someone on hand at all times, try the Cesari. For us, choosing two different locations was the perfect way to efficiently use our time in Rome. If we were going to be in Rome for a week and wanted to curb expenses, we would use the B&B and use public transportation. We are a couple in our late fifties and healthy. However, using public transportation would still be wise....remember, once you arrive in a specific area you have lots of walking to do If money wasn't an issue, we would prefer the location of the Cesari with its beautiful rooftop terrace and other amenities.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple