“Cosy Little Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Been in Rome for a week and I hadn't yet tried gnocchi. Not that this place was well known for it, this restaurant was just located a few metres from our apartment.

We were seated as soon as we entered and they seemed very busy with their downstairs dining area.

I ordered the gnocchi on the menu while my son ordered a pizza. Although the service may have been a bit slow, it was passable.

The gnocchi, with ragu, was excellent and my sons pizza was as he expected - very good.

Hi highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again.

1  Thank Slotha

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Restaurants so often claim to serve 'home made food' but the lasagne ragu I ate here truly was like my mother's. Absolutely delicious! The waiter said it was the special of the day so I cannot promise it will be on the menu when you're there, but if it is (and you enjoy lasagne), you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank KTHXBAI
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had a large group (nineteen) and this was a great place for us. I remember the restaurant from a previous trip (it was my daughter's favorite) and thought I'd try it again. I wasn't disappointed. When I came to arrange dinner, the owner and the chef came out to discuss what was fresh and what they could make for us. The group loved it. We started with bruschetta and two types of pizza, all of which immediately disappeared. Then came two pastas, including an excellent gnocchi gorgonzola. Finally we had two seconds (veal saltimbocca and eggplant). The group loved everything. After a week in Rome, they knew what they were eating. Finally, we were in a charming room (away from others so the noise level didn't matter) and had attentive waiters. The price was perfect as well, just what I was hoping to spend, although we got a lot more than I had planned for. I'll certainly come back, with a group or on my own.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We wanted to have a special meal on our last evening, the restaurant looked small and was full. Our starters were big helpings, smothered in cheese and tasteless. We had ordered fillet steak and what a mistake that was! It was anything but and although we ordered medium it as almost rare and again one of the dishes smothered in a creamy sauce. The wine was expensive and didn't taste it! We were offered coffees and desserts as an apology and didn't complain too much as didn't want to spoil our night. An expensive disaster, that meal was!

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

When looking for a good place to eat, we (two girls, one english one spanish) found this incredible place! Every dish we tried was delicious - and homemade too. The waitors were really friendly and attentive too. We came back a second time, and wish we had found it sooner so we could have eaten here more often. Until our next trip to Rome!

Been to Le Segrete? Share your experiences!