“Melt-in-your-mouth eggplant lasagna”

Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Phoenix, Arizona
“Melt-in-your-mouth eggplant lasagna”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I were wandering in the area wanting something to eat around 5:30 pm. The atmosphere was so inviting we took a chance. When we told the English speaking young waiter that we'd love some lasagna but didn't eat meat, he enthusiastically suggested the eggplant lasagna. WOW. Loved how tender it was and loved the sauce. We're light eaters; we shared a portion and it was perfect.

• Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Quaint neighborhood spot”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this little spot and were happily surprised. The restaurant also has a downstairs, but I think the tiny upstairs is the place to be. Our food was good, not great, but our server was a delight! It was reasonably priced and we would stop in again if in the neighborhood. My complaint is that the owner's husband came in, plopped down at a table and promptly started up on his computer. He took up a table for four and didn't bother to acknowledge any of the patrons while our server waited on him as well. Having been in the restaurant biz for many years, I found this to be inappropriate. Perhaps that's how Italy works??

Krakow, Poland
“A trap for tourists”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I really don’t know where the good reviews are coming form. This is nothing more than a trap for tourist – indeed it looks “local” from the outside, but the food is mediocre and there is absolutely nothing special about this place. If you really want to try tasty local food in this area check Sora Margherita, or La Carbonara.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank UlaO
New York City, New York
“Great little spot”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I loved this place. Not a tourist trap. Very comfortable place to eat alone. The waiter was so sweet, and the owner was delightful. Food was very good. Wine was lovely. I ate there every night and it felt like my own little Cheers in Rome -- everyone was so friendly.

• Visited October 2012
Moscow
“Ate well and felt at home”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was a very nice lunch and when Giussi - the owner - came in, it became even lovelier! She really made us feel at home with her italian temperament and passion for welcoming the guests. So we spent here at least half an hour more just to talk to Giussi. I returned here again and this time was served by Maryanna. Again a wonderful service in perfect English and a very warm welcome. The food is very good and the prices more than competitive.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Le Segrete? Share your experiences!