“Great Photo Tour”
Review of Rome Photo Tours

Rome Photo Tours
Ranked #440 of 937 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Photo Tours specializes in small, customized photo tours for photographers. We seek to help you realize your goal of seeing the sites and taking photographs while learning more about photography and building your own portfolio of amazing Rome photographs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I took the night tour on the first day we arrived in Rome. My guide Francesco, was wonderful and taught me so much about camera settings and composition. This was a great way to see Rome and to learn more about photography. I would definitely recommend this tour.

Date of experience: September 2013

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is the third time using Randy's photo tours, the others being Prague and Paris. I enjoyed the day tour with Francesco.
First of all, to lay to rest any concerns, you can trust Randy. The tour does exist, you won't pay your money and have no one show up. You're safe. Secondly, the photographers that take you on the tour are all wonderful and professional. I've read some reviews on other locations where they were unhappy with a particular guide which is unfortunate, however, I never had the person they referred to.
I am a serious photo amateur and know my way around a camera so my goal is not too much on the technical side but rather it was to see the sights and get tips on composition. My wife has always accompanied me at no additional cost and the guys have always been kind enough to give her the odd tip or two making her feel very welcome and enhancing her experience.

We met Francesco at the appointed time and then proceded to go to some of the attractions. The guides always ask what you want to get out of the tour and have always customized it the way I like it. As I was going to be in Rome for a while, we didn't go hit all the attractions like the colloseum as I knew I would get there on my own. Francesco took me down countless incredible side streets and introduced me to Rome's cool courtyards. These would have gone unnoticed were it not for him and throughout the rest of my stay, I found numerous of these treasures and was rewarded with countless wonderful photos! He showed me a wonderful side of Rome that few people see and provided interesting stories that not even the tour guides knew. I won't ruin them for him but ask him to tell you about the Trevi Fountain and the barber shop.

Rome was a photographers dream with it's history and faded, colored walls and Francesco is a wonderful guide and very nice guy. Randy has done a great job securing his team of professionals and I will continue to use him when I go to other locations that he has a guide in.

Date of experience: May 2013
2  Thank Chad G
Reviewed July 6, 2013

In my travels through Italy, I did the full day (five hour) tour in Rome-and then repeated the experience in Florence and Venice; and what enjoyable, fun and learning filled experiences they were! I saw these cities in ways that most tourists do not-through the eyes of knowledgeable, and very accommodating experienced professional photographers who were personable, eager to show you their city, and help improve my photographic skills. These tours were customized in advance to my photographic knowledge. I shoot with a full frame Nikon in Aperture or manual mode, and am thoroughly familiar with the equipment. Working with my knowledge base, my "guides"taught me so much about composition, perspective, line, exposure compensation, use of polarizing lenses, and taught me interesting and new shooting angles. The five hours flew by so fast-I could have easily continued on. I am now at home practicing the techniques and skills that I learned on my photo tours in Italy. Thanks so much to my wonderful "guides"- Francesco in Rome, Edoardo in Florence, and Vinicio in Venice-and thanks to Randy Harris' excellent "Rome Photo Tours" for setting this all up.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank travelernj100
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was in Rome for a short time. So, I wanted to see as much as possible - and make sure I captured it all in photos. So, I actually took both the night tour as well as the day tour. Both were excellent. The guide not only got me from place to place, but he coached me on lighting and composition to help make sure the photos turned out better than I would have done on my own. It was my first time shooting long-exposure night shots and I learned so much. I highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Date of experience: May 2013