“Great Photo Tour”
Review of Rome Photo Tours

Rome Photo Tours
Ranked #422 of 818 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Photo Tours specializes in small, customized photo tours for photographers. We seek to help you realize your goal of seeing the sites and taking photographs while learning more about photography and building your own portfolio of amazing Rome photographs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We had a great time on our photo tour of Rome. Great guide, very knowledgeable! Very small group so we got individualised attention!

Jill

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stephanie was a great guide and instructor. She demostrated camera angles and perspectives I would have walked by. This was a great way to see Rome and have a unique experience. While we visited familiar sites, she also took us to some out of the way side alleys.

1  Thank ProdigalSonReturns
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I really think everyone with even a mild interest in photography should take a tour like this at least once, and I highly recommend Rome Photo Tours. Stephanie offered just the right mix of photography expertise and information about Rome, including some of the lesser known facts and places in the city. I felt I was already fairly adept at taking good photos, but Stephanie was able to push me to the next level by moving me away from my lazy habit of using the Automatic setting on my camera. I am now taking almost all my pictures with aperture or speed priority settings, and getting much more creative pictures as a result. I'm glad I took the session at the beginning of my vacation - the pictures from the rest of my vacation show the results.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stumbled upon night photo tours in the "tours section" in Paris while researching for my trip. A few emails was all it took to arrange an amazing evening with Gemma, who walked us around Rome for 3 hours showing us the less commercial side of Rome (at our request) and assisting us with our photo compositions and settings. Gemma is extremely flexible thus she will work with your skills level without crowding you, and is flexible around the 3 hour itinerary! Out of the 1500 photos I took in my 2 week European visit, the Rome night photos clearly stand out. I have attached a few of my photo's that have been resized for web use. Bring a tripod (absolute necessity) and have a basic understanding of your camera (Aperture, shutter speed, and Iso).

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our personal tour was hosted by Gemma and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Having spent all day walking the ruins of Rome starting with a jet-lag induced 6 am walk from Trevi Fountain to the Vatican, we were dog tired when we met Gemma at 8:30 pm that same day. The prospect of 3 more hours of walking and photographing statues, columns, etc. seemed a bit daunting. To our great surprise and enjoyment the 3 hours flew by. Gemma is knowledgeable, and patient. She introduced us to features on our cameras that we knew about, but had never used. On top, she provided great ‘local’ recommendations for sights to see and restaurants to visit that we’d never have known about otherwise. We would highly recommend this for any photography buffs.

4  Thank jrnealusa

Been to Rome Photo Tours? Share your experiences!