“See Rome differently through your lens”
Review of Rome Photo Tours

Rome Photo Tours
Ranked #423 of 809 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Photo Tours specializes in small, customized photo tours for photographers. We seek to help you realize your goal of seeing the sites and taking photographs while learning more about photography and building your own portfolio of amazing Rome photographs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our personal tour was hosted by Gemma and we couldn’t have been more pleased. Having spent all day walking the ruins of Rome starting with a jet-lag induced 6 am walk from Trevi Fountain to the Vatican, we were dog tired when we met Gemma at 8:30 pm that same day. The prospect of 3 more hours of walking and photographing statues, columns, etc. seemed a bit daunting. To our great surprise and enjoyment the 3 hours flew by. Gemma is knowledgeable, and patient. She introduced us to features on our cameras that we knew about, but had never used. On top, she provided great ‘local’ recommendations for sights to see and restaurants to visit that we’d never have known about otherwise. We would highly recommend this for any photography buffs.

4  Thank jrnealusa

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I was looking for something a little different for my 4th trip to Rome and happened upon this photo tour. Registering and paying was smooth, quick and done within a couple of hours. Stephanie was a great guide and teacher. I took over 500 photos on this trip and the ones with Stephanie required little or no editing. Loved the suggestions she had. The tour route selected was great - and was very un-hilly (something I thought impossible in Rome!). I was fortunate to be the only one in the tour. I have already told many friends about this and plan to repeat this tour on my next trip to Rome.

1  Thank Barb_199
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Gemma was charming, accommodating, friendly – in fact everything I was looking for in a photo-guide and much more (and an ex-Brit like me!). She took us to some great places, gave me some really useful photo tips and also some restaurant tips which proved to be excellent. And of course I took some amazing photos!!

2  Thank MandyHarpaz
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I contacted Rome Photo Tours on quite short notice and they agreed to set up a morning photo session for me and my two kids. The communication and payment arrangements were very reliable and efficient. Then instructions to meet our photographer were emailed to me, including local contact details, all of which went very well. Gemma turned up early and was adept at switching between a more advanced lesson for me and simpler but interesting photo ideas for the kids. It was great fun and encouraged us to look at Rome in a totally different way than we had before. Be sure to tell the company your level of expertise - you'll need a photographer geared to your level of technical experience. Our tour was great!

1  Thank SForester88
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My teenager daughter and I took this tour with Stephanie on our trip to Rome. We were the only two people on the tour that day.

Luckily we booked it for our first full day in Rome, which worked out well because in addition to learning a lot about our cameras, we also got the lay of the land and learned some practical details that came in very handy throughout the week we spent there (such a the protocol for ordering coffee). During the tour we covered a good bit of the city (from Piazza Barberrini to Trevi to Pantheon to the Forum to Campo) and she gave us just enough info about what we were seeing that it was interesting and fun but not so much that it diminished our later (longer) visits to those sites.

In terms of the photography lesson, it was really good. My daughter and I both have digitial SLR cameras and Stephanie showed us how to adjust shutter speed, ISO & aperture, which I had never done before. She also covered composition and how to get more unique shots using different angles. She taught us how to get good pictures inside without a flash -- which was wonderful and came in handy on our later visits to the various churches where they do not let you use a flash.

4  Thank Eliz46

Been to Rome Photo Tours? Share your experiences!