“Should be 3 1/2 stars Good”

Osteria Allegro Pachino
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Osteria Allegro Pachino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,065 of 12,522 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Description: At the center of Rome and a stroll from the Trevi Fountain, Roman cuisine typical restaurant where you can taste the tonnarelli cacio e pepe, spaghetti alla carbonara, abbacchio scottadito, ossobuco alla romana, carciofi alla romana, puntarelle in salsa di alici to the typical pizza Roman, wide wine and more.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Should be 3 1/2 stars Good”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Right by Trevi Fountain so in a busy area, most 'authentic' looking Osteria / Taberna that I saw around which is why it was chosen.
Had a simple Antipasti of oil and garlic bruschetta followed by homemade meat Lasagne ( I never eat it when out in England as it's been too often a disappointment ). Both were really nice, if the bruschetta hadn't been I would have left there and then to be honest. The lasagne was nice, pretty good in fact but I really struggled to find the meat in my portion, that is the only negative.
Not that it makes any difference to me and it shouldn't to you but the staff seemed to speak to each other in a north african dialect not Italian unless my hearing is going, if so then I apologise, so I do question the authenticity a little.
Given the cost, especially at that location I was a contented customer.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Larnaca
“Excellent pizza”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I had just left the bustle of the Trevi Fountain and were feeling peckish when we noticed this restaurant had air conditioning, so we popped in. At midday, the place was quiet. The chef is in full view as he cooked the pizzas we had ordered. The pizzas are the thinnest crusts I have had and were great.The service was quick and cheerful, and the price very reasonable, especially as it is so near a tourist spot.
Bye the time we left, the place was packed solid, and a bit hectic, so best to get there early.

• Visited June 2014
Berkeley CA
“delightful, reasonably priced lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My son and I were walking around the Trevi Fountain and found Osteria Allegro Pachino by chance. What luck! We enjoyed a pizza, a "big salad," and some simple, beautifully sauteed chicken (along with a coke) for a price well under 30 euros. Everything was very fresh and tasty! Despite the location near a major tourist stop, there were not a lot of tourists in the restaurant -- most diners while we were there were Italian. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kathryn A
LAND O LAKES
“Was good enough for a second meal”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

First time had a pizza. Was better than average and rather quick. Nearby again and decided to give another try. Ravioli and cacao e pepe ok but have had better. Not overpriced and attentive service both times. You can do a lot worse on that street as I walked out of one of those other restaurants.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank RICHARD R
Baden, Austria
“Nice location with good roman food”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We went there as a group of 7 people. Dinner was very good, the food was served very fast. The waiters are really friendly. Pasta & Tiramisu were very tasty, the lamb dish of one of us was not so good.