“Not bad but not outstanding either. Average.”

Osteria Allegro Pachino
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Osteria Allegro Pachino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,200 of 12,469 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Description: At the center of Rome and a stroll from the Trevi Fountain, Roman cuisine typical restaurant where you can taste the tonnarelli cacio e pepe, spaghetti alla carbonara, abbacchio scottadito, ossobuco alla romana, carciofi alla romana, puntarelle in salsa di alici to the typical pizza Roman, wide wine and more.
Upper Marlboro, MD
“Not bad but not outstanding either. Average.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Visited with a party of 4 during the evening, was seated immediately. This place has a large menu that overwhelms & a large wine selection also. They offered free wi-fi which came in handy. We chose to eat at this restaurant mainly because of the close proximity to Trevi fountain, one of our site seeing stops. Tried the appetizer "suppli" for the 1st time, it was tasty. It's deep fried rice & cheese shaped like a small log served with a tomato sauce. Also had the vegetable soup, it was quite good, tasted fresh.

I did work up the nerve to ask to tour the kitchen & they said yes! That was a cool experience. They had a female employee standing outside the front door in the dark & cold to draw customers into the restaurant. I felt bad for her :(

The prices were reasonable enough & the wait staff was friendly and attentive. So if you're in the neighborhood, sure check this place out, but don't go out of your way.

• Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Drammen, Norway
“Lovely service, good food and great location”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This restaurant is located in a side-street just beside Trevi Fountain. Didn't have any view to anything, but was really easy to get to. I was in a large group of people (20 or so), and we dined there twice. First with all, second with 10-12 people. They let us sit on the second floor so we all could sit together, and eventhough there were some tables that were empty, they let us sit alone. Which was actually quite good. And to the food, I had lasagna both times, and it was without a doubt the best I've ever eaten. The party I was with had several different dishes, and every one of them was pleased with both food - and drinks. If I ever go back to Rome, I most certainly will eat there more than once.
The only thing I can say that was a little bit disappointed was the toilet, it had no seat. But then again, this seems to be normal in Rome.
To sum up: Lovely service, good food and great location.

• Visited November 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great restaurant beside Trevi Fountain...and not too touristy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Seemed to be a more local haunt and is located on the street on the left hand side, behind the Trevi Fountain. We went there a few times during our stay in Rome as it was 1 min from our hotel. Excellent Chianti by the glass...or the bottle. Food was great and service was excellent. We were in it in Dec 2012 so there was not seats outside on street so were inside in the cosy eating area. Great restaurant and was reasonable.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JaynieR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant ever!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and me spent our honeymoon in Rome and have been at different restaurants everyday from very inexpensive to a higher average. We have never been disappointed.
Then we came to this one. To be honest, we just went to this restaurant because it was raining. We were seated on a very small table, without any word of welcome and then we got bread we never asked for. Later we read in the menu that we had to pay for it. The bread was dry and old and we didn't eat more than the first bit. Then we had bruschetta with tomatoes. The tomatoes were old and I couldn't eat more than a bit till I got the taste I mould in my mouth.
I ordered a baked potatoe which in fact were old cooked potatoes cut in pieces, drowned in oil and microwaved. I don't want to loose a word about the taste. DH had Gnocchi. They were not selfmade but supermarket ones, the same goes for the tomato sauce which definitely came from a glass.
Our drinks came in cans, the service was AWFUL. I never felt less welcome and the price was really a joke! We paid the same in a very nice restaurant with great and friendly service, but there we had bruschetta, the best steaks, pasta and a giant salad and wine and drinks. I would recommend to stay far away from this "restaurant"!

1 Thank Hoppelmoppel
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food in authentic local surroundings”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the moment two of us walked in, from a party of 5, we felt very welcome. There was some delay before the other three arrived, but this was not a problem - our table, unbooked, was ours for the night. Conversation with the staff was free flowing, which also encouraged conversation with other guests. The environment is so authentic - no modernisation, just a good homely environment.
The food was fantastic - I even tried brain for the first time - it is the sort of place where you feel that you can trust them to let you try the unusual.
My daughter selected this restaurant from the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed - if only they could move the restaurant, and its staff, to my home-town of Bromsgrove in Worcestershire!!!
Fantastic evening - great food, great company, great ambience.

• Visited November 2012