“Very Cool”

Ranked #8 of 466 Shopping in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I love this little shop near the Pantheon. My son was fascinated by the near full sized wooden motorcycle - one half its size was €1100, but other things were more reasonably priced. I bought my stepmom a owl pendulum clock, my son also fell in love with a train and I got some small knick knacks as gifts for a couple euro each.
Beware there are a bunch of imitators, especially near Trevi Fountain, but be sure to stop by Batolucci's.

1  Thank Jamie C

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I felt like I stepped into another world when I walked into this shop, my husband by my side and awe-struck 2-year-old daughter in my arms. The walls are covered with beautiful handmade wooden children's clocks, with adorable little tickers rocking from side to side at the bottom of each. The wall looked alive with wood! The rest of the shop was filled with wooden toys of all shapes and sizes, from a giant pinocchio to mini bells with wooden animal figurines for handles. I've never seen such high quality, unique wooden toys before. I should also note I hadn't sought this place out at all - I didn't even know it existed. We stumbled upon it after taking a wrong turn on a walk back to our hotel from dinner. I'm so glad we did.

3  Thank rolo0423
Reviewed March 2, 2013

It has the feel of Olde World craftsmenship and is a good stop to find gifts for the kids (from inexpensive novelties to very expensive - for the BIG kids). A little difficult to find without a street #. Once on via di Pastini, it is on the south side as far east as you can go, tucked in a corner. Have fun!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Worth a visit .. So much to see ... Amazing! Brought home some cute pencils fir some little girls I know.. They loved them!

1  Thank wiggygailTX
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This store looked like it sprang out from a storybook in the middle of the cobblestoned street of Rome. The wooden toys and displays were made by hand and you can even have a pinocchio custom made in front of you. A funny thing is that the store owner looked like Geppetto himself. He was also very warm and friendly even though it didn't seem like it at first.

I bought a mini pinocchio and a musical turtle clock from here. They were tagged with a Bortolucci-made-in-italy paper and packaged in two separate boxes. Then, the boxes were put in a beautiful paper bag printed with a watercolored pinocchio image. I felt like an 8 year old girl who just bought her first new doll. It was an amazing store to see in the middle of all things Rome. It's just a few steps from the Pantheon.

4  Thank Jouie K