“Castelli Romani” 5 of 5 bubbles

Best Rome Driver Private Tours
Ranked #30 of 212 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best Rome Driver offers private day tours and packages across Italy, all with English Speaking Driver and Mercedes Benz vehicles. Tour Italy with us - from simple transfers to wine tastings!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Clio, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Castelli Romani”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I last week toured the Castello Romani area for an entire day with Michele Torroni of Best Rome Drivers and we did not want the day to end. Michele spoke perfect English, was so nice and enthusiastic about all the sights - showing us things/places we never knew about and was an endless pool of information. He tailored our drive as we went along, to suit our questions. We stopped for an incredible, local lunch in Ariccia, letting Michele do the ordering for us to experience a typical, local lunch, and it was incredible. Both my husband and myself will book with BRT again if we return to Rome. Thank you so much, Michele!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Troy B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I found Best Rome Driver company online and after reading all the positive remarks on Tripadvisor I decided to book with them. I traveled to Rome with my two daughters and wanted to give them a life time of memories by booking an all day Roman Tour. I also booked my airport transfer with them. OUr driver Michael was the absolute best. He was very helpful at the airport when I had made a wrong turn leaving our plane and totally lost our way to the baggage claim. When we finally found the meeting point I had already left the terminal without my luggage. Needless to say I was stressed. I found Michael holding the sign with my name and breathed a sigh of relief. He was able to help me communicate with security to go back in and retrieve my luggage. The amazing part about Michael was that he also help us with our luggage at the apartment. He helped carry bags up 84 steps. What a wonderful man. The next day was our tour. He was attentive and full of facts for us. He took us to points of interest that we never would have known about. After he dropped us of for lunch we then had a personal tour, set up by Best Rome Drivers, of the Vatican. The tour guide was awesome, I highly recommend her. Michael was also very prompt on our departure date and time which was at 5:45am, again he helped with luggage but I made it a little easier on him, my daughters and I lugged all the luggage down the 84 stairs ourselves to safe time.
The booking of all the services was seamless. I had direct contact with the owner Maurizio. He too was a wonderful person to work with. Very patient with all me questions. The other person I worked with Was Melissa. even though our scheduls were complete opposites she called me to get my credit card info so I could have everything paid up front. The company and all the people I had the pleasure of working with fare exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this company.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank PRMarshall
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you want to see Italy from a person who knows the country then Fabrizio is your man. We hired him to take us around Florence. He drove all the way from Rome to Florence to pick us up and show us the city. he knows people, so knows where to take you for all of the great experiences. he's is a very passionate man about his work which makes it beneficial for us the tourists.
Next time you are in Italy, make sure you contact Fabrizio for an experience you won't forget.

Visited September 2012
Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Car Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Best Rome Drivers are the best. We used Marco(?) on September 15, 2012 to take us from airport to our hotel. Marco was on time, had a car that could accommodate 4 adults with 4 suitcases and assorted carry-ons, and delivered us quickly and safely to our address.

On the 17th Sergio picked us up to return our party to the airport. Once again a very smooth transport, with Sergio pointing out interesting sights on way to airport.

Both drivers courteous and very personable. Much thanks to Melissa for organizing our pickups.

Would highly recommend this car service when in Rome.

Visited September 2012
NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent - ask for Michael!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We visited Rome last month. It was our second visit, and we wanted to see some new sights. We were lucky enough to have been assigned their guide Michael for all three days we'd hired them for. Michael was one of the absolute best tour guides we've ever had - he was kind, friendly, a good driver, very knowledgeable about the area, and also just a really fun person to spend three days with. He drove us around the Castelli Romani area one day, then took us to the Trastavere neighborhood and some exquisite overlooks of Rome on the second day. He knew exactly where to go to beat the crowds and traffic, and he was so patient with our requests to pull over for photos or shopping. He was everything you'd want in a guide! Go with Best Rome Driver, and ask for Michael!

Visited June 2012