“Professional and knowledgeable, great tour company!!”

Best Rome Driver Private Tours
Ranked #22 of 260 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Best Rome Driver offers private day tours and packages across Italy, all with English Speaking Driver and Mercedes Benz vehicles. Tour Italy with us - from simple transfers to wine tastings!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I and another couple used Best Rome Driver on our recent trip to Rome. Our driver, Marco, was fantastic. Right on time, very informative and extremely pleasant. Melissa was our contact from the beginning and she personally called us in the states from Rome to go over every detail. They purchased our tickets to the attractions we wanted, made sure we saw everything and even treated us to a wonderful lunch. I would highly recommend this company to anyone wanting to see Rome without any hassles.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We hired Fabrizio Melaragno to take us on 3 tours when we were in Italy. His entertaining personality and knowledge of Italy is unparalleled and we highly recommend him. I traveled with a group of 12 to Italy. Half of our group hired him to take them to Pompei and the Amalfi Coast. They returned both excited by their guide, but the sites that he showed them. The next day he took the 12 of us on a tour of Rome, which included all of the ruins, catacombs, Vatican and, according to him, "a few surprises". We were so impressed with him that we hired him for a tour out of Florence to Tuscany, Sienna and Chianti. On the morning of that tour, we indicated an interest in wine tasting in Chianti, so he arranged for a wine tasting luncheon at one of the vineyards. What a great time AND a great lunch and wine tasting at Monterinaldi vineyards.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

For Christmas my husband surprised me with a trip to Rome for a week. We have been to Italy before but never spent so much time in one place. Best Rome Driver made it the best stay we have ever had. We started by only requesting their transfer services, but on the way to our hotel, Maurizio, one of the drivers but also the owner of the company, told us that his company also offers day-long tours of the city. We were treated like gold!

We actually did a great deal of Rome center on our own, and chose to take the Tivoli tour with the company. I knew we would see the Villa D'Este and Hadrians Villa, but had no idea how really lovely the center of Tivoli itself. We took the morning to walk through Hadrian's Villa, which is not a closed area but a vast collection of ruins; it was immense. Thankfully the weather was decent, not too cold to enjoy the walk.

Maurizio took us to a local place for lunch, close to the center. We really didn't order; the restaurant organized the whole thing for us, from appetizers to dessert. The Roman food was fantastic! I maybe overdid it on the wine, but when in Rome…

Directly form there, we took a walk on our own through the historic center of Tivoli, which is full of shops and cafes. The Villa D'Este is actually located at the left of the city, and I was not prepared for how amazing the gardens were. Maurizio gave us so much information before we entered the Villa itself, especially concerning the collection of prestigious fountains and plant species contained in the gardens. The art inside the villa was enough to distract us for the rest of the day.

On our way back we asked to stop for olive oil. Instead of taking us to a store, we pulled off of the main road and stopped in front of a hand-painted sign that said "olio". Needless to say, we got our oil, and it is some of the best I have tasted! Maurizio's attention to detail, enthusiasm for his city and his country, and professionalism, really made our day out worthwhile.

We would recommend Best Rome Driver to anyone looking for a personalized experience when they are in Rome. Just ask for Maurizio.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

My daughter and her friend were in Rome for a two week vacation. They wanted to see the Amalfi Coast before leaving Italy, so on a whim, I looked up private drivers and found Best Rome Driver. I called them directly, and even though it was technically and Italian holiday (December 8th), Maurizio and then Melissa responded immediately.

From the viewpoint of a parent, the company was wonderful. They made payment and planning so easy, and I could get in touch with them at any time. Our daughter and friend had an amazing time the entire day on the coast and we appreciate everything that Best Rome Driver did for our family! Thank you Best Rome!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Thank you Best Rome Driver, Giuseppe and Melissa!

My friends and I found cheap airfare and accommodation in Rome several weeks ago, and decided to take a week in the city during January. While preparing for the trip, we searched tripadvisor for a touring service and came across Best Rome. It was a real pleasure speaking to Melissa (who really answered our questions down to the last detail) and we were so excited for our day trip to Amalfi. We decided to skip Pompeii, because we all wanted to simply enjoy the coast. The weather treated us well, and we arrived just before noon, in time to take a walk around Amalfi before sitting down to lunch at a restaurant Giuseppe recommended, just under the stairs of the cathedral. The seafood was mind-blowing; we only wished there was a little more of a view.

We next went to Ravello; worth waiting for the view! It was really spectacular, and we enjoyed having a walk through the town. The views were breathtaking, as was the ride further down the coast to Positano, where we stopped again to shop, have an ice-cream by the (black!) beach, and also have dinner at the Ristorante Mediterraneo, where Guiseppe's "Uncle" treated us like locals and even gave us a free limoncello!

We really enjoyed (and took advantage of) Giuseppe's knowledge; ha really made the trip, was well informed on the area and made even the long trip there and back relaxing. We would recommend their services to everyone going to Rome!