“Love this little restaurant on Via Veneto”

Restaurant Il Vineto
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Il Vineto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,876 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Description: phone: +39 06 486617
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had a fantastic lunch here, sat at a table outside and watched the people go by on Via Veneto. Service was great, very clean, great selection of dishes and wine. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm particular about my food so my 4 stars would be worth 5 for most people. But I cannot rate more than 2 for a bad behavior I noticed. I'm Italian and this message is for all foreigners who are not aware of our customs. It is about the bills: a young foreign couple sat next to my table asked me for advice about their bill and I told them that in ITALY the SERVICE is ALWAYS INCLUDED and there is no need to tip unless they wish to and in that case it would be fine to give 1 to max 5 €; they also showed me their bill, rather expensive, where there were also charged 9 € for the service. It was kinda weird but as I was there for the first time I thought maybe they deducted that amount from the price of the food to highlight the cost of the service for the tourists. Then my girlfriend and I got our bill, a fair amount, but there was another odd thing: they also gave us a roughly copied little ticket (written in English) recommending us to give them a tip and, shall we pay by card, to write the amount of the tip on that same ticket. My girlfriend paid cash and she did not bother that message.
I was happy with the food, specially with the pasta and I wanted to write a nice review so prior to do it I read some reviews noticing recurring troubles with bills and tips and I started to suspect something... until I eventually checked our bill: NO SERVICE was charged us. Then I also recalled the menu: nothing was mentioned in there, so what is very very likely going on there is that they are behaving different depending on the nationality of their clients. So, please, dear foreign visitors, please keep in mind that NO TIP IS DUE in Italy (as well as in the rest of EU) and please check your bills thoroughly. The restaurant is good and do not need to make money in such a mean way, nor you guys want them to, right?

9  Thank Adriano B
Reviewed July 12, 2014

What an amazing place. Wonderful food, people and atmosphere. Highly recommend a visit or 2. The steak Diane was to die for as was the pasta fruit da mere. Don't bother with the other restaurants on the same road they do not compare.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm a seasoned Rome visitor on business and I often stick around at weekends just to soak up the atmosphere and people watch. This little restaurant stands out on the bustling Via Veneto for it's great food and exceptional wine selection. Perfect for a quick lunch or relaxing dinner I can't rate this place enough. Don't expect American style over service anywhere in Rome but if you take the time to chat to the staff here and share a drink or two, you will find them very friendly and welcoming. I recommend the seafood salad and pasta, and on an evening I can't resist a steak and let the waiter pick the right red wine for me, always happy.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

A close friend of mine, Roberto, head of breakfast at Hotel Intercontinental Rome de la Ville, has recommended Il Vineto to me and my sons. Within walking distance from the hotel, on Via Veneto, heart of The Eternal City, this restaurant turned out to be one of the best of my life! Cosy, creative interior design with wine cases all around, and a menu for the most demanding gourmets of fine Italian cuisine, with a fantastic service, good value for money and open all days, from 10am to 1am, something rare to find in Europe!

Thank Oriovaldo Anton... T