“extra extra”

Restaurant Il Vineto
Reserve with
Restaurant Il Vineto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,489 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Description: phone: +39 06 486617
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I were in Rome in mid-October. There are many restaurant offerings in the area we stayed in and we strolled around before finding this spot. The fresh fish display and the friendly owner invited us in the first time. The delicious food and great service brought us back! We ate outside the fist night amidst the bustle of the city. The outside was fun but we are non-smokers and Rome has lots of smokers (so if you do not like any second hand smoke, move indoors right away.) We moved inside for our second visit and the music and ambiance were a match for the food. The other places we ate we also good, but it was the winning combination of taste, service and atmosphere at Il Vineto brought us back for our last night in Rome. I give this a 4.5of 5 for the total package. (location of outside to smokers was the .5 off...nothing the owners could do about that!) Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Il Vineto

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had walked through Villa Borghese gardens all night and dropped down the Spanish Steps at near midnight only to find most places closed or closing... no mobile no reviews popped in here as it was open and the sommelier/front of house/Roy hodgson lookalike said bonesera and seemed perky.
I had a yummy veal with pistachio and apple dressing, it came with seasonal veg and my beautiful girlfriend had cheese board and wine which make her happy it came with honey too which she liked. 60Eu but worth it theyre open til 1am too.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

:the service, the food, the wine & the atmosphere was impeccable! We found this place at midnight on a Saturday, sheer luck. I've never tasted better seafood pasta in my life! My husband got the lobster pasta & we were hooked! They have a wonderful lobster salad appetizer that's not to be missed. We loved it so much, we ate there every night! The staff is very helpful letting you know what the freshest catch is. One night we got Sea Bass packed & cooked in salt, they literally chisel off the salt & serve it with a touch of olive oil, so very delicious! I'm planning a trip to Rome next year, just for il Vineto's seafood pasta!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our second visit to the small Il Veneto restaurant near Barberini station at the bottom of the Via Veneto. We'd tried to book in advance, but could not find a web site or a number for them so we turned up, but no problem with space. The fashionable via Veneto is one of the most expensive areas of Rome, so nothing here is cheap, but Il Veneto does very nice food at a reasonable price. We enjoyed pasta, steaks and top quality service too.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I ate there with 2 of my girlfriends. The service and food were very good, but the waiter asked for a tip! Generally I am not at all opposed to tipping and always do it, BUT there was a clearly itemized service charge of 7or 8 Euros already on the check. A local friend of mine had notified me before we arrived that tipping isn't really done in Italy (it's OK, but not generally expected). Anyway, I went ahead and left something just in case my friends and I decided to drop back in, but I left feeling rather accosted by the whole thing