“Seafood Extravaganza!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Arrived here just as the day's fresh catch was being unloaded - awesome! We were invited to select our fish from this amazing array plus ordered oysters, sea urchin roe, clams, etc. It was the BEST! My twenty-something daughter, who is not a seafood fan, was converted at this establishment. Wine steward offered fine range of wines. Place full of locals who embraced us. Cannot say enough good things! Don't miss it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,498)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Realy nice and worth to visit.All fish is fresh and good quality.it is difficult to find empty table on Friday

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We where taking a late evening walk in the streets of Rome. While walking back to our hotel through the charming Via Giulia, we noticed the restaurant and decided to get in. We made no reservations, just walked in around 10:00 PM. We started with fresh clams which where very fresh. The Tuna tartar was excellent, one of the best we've had. The lobster Catalan style was just as good. Since this was our second dinner we had no room for dessert which was a shame. The assortments of sorbet in natural fruit shells looked amazing!
definitely worth it!!!

1  Thank rgabay
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love Assunta Madre. I was taken there for the first time by a friend, who has since become a very dear, because of our shared love of fish and quality fish restaurants. Assunta Madre has an amazing array of fresh fish dishes sourced daily from the coast.

I love the atmosphere, whether indoors or out and have whiled away many a Summer evening lost in the amazing food, atmosphere and magic of the place. Frequented by some of Rome's finest and despite the array of A-listers from far and wide, the service remains heart-felt and truly Southern.

Expensive, yes, but then it is also value for money.

Via Giulia is a tiny road, so parking can be a bit challenging, but there are people to help you park - if spaces are available of course. I recommend a taxi or parking a little further afield.

With so many memories, this restaurant is and will always remain on of my favourites in Rome.

Suitability: I could only select one, so I thought I would incorporate that info here: Best suited for couples, families, friend, business and also when alone - Enjoy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had heard a lot about this place and decided to try it out.....i booked way way in advance...i get a crappy table, the waiter seems like he is on coke , how quick he is in getting u to order etc...he said he had sea urchins and i get the plate but no sea urchins...he tells me later he did not have them....then the wine bottle wAs not on our table (small table) so i had to getnupneach tim i wanted a refill since the waiters never kept an eye on this...ridiculous...food mediocre nothing great, have eaten better in many other fish restaurants....bill was incorrect, make sure u check....so its a nice place, famous people go there but i guess if u are not famous or habituee' u get treated like merde..