“Very clean, very friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Styles Roma Art Noba

Ibis Styles Roma Art Noba
Ranked #301 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Victoria, Canada
“Very clean, very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I chose this hotel based on price and positive reviews on this site.

When I arrived, I was greeted by Mauro. He was very friendly and helpful, and spoke perfect English. I came to rely on him over the next couple of days regarding directions, things to see, etc, and he was always eager to help.

I was very happy with the cleanliness of the hotel, and the fresh new look. The room was nice, and had a small, but very good, powerful overhead shower. I preferred to sleep in, and put up the do not disturb sign. Normally that means that the cleaners will skip your room. Each night when I returned, they had come back and my room was good as new. The room was rather small with a small bed, but as I mature as a traveler, I am learning that this may be standard in continental Europe.

The only downfall of the hotel was the location. There's not a whole lot to do in the neighbourhood, but the bus was very convenient. For 1,50 euro, the number 90 bus gets you out front and takes you into the main bus/train station. The number 60 takes you to Plaza Venezia. Both are quite central, and Venezia is within sight of the Colosseum. Make sure you don't get the 60L, or it will take you to the train station. If you are coming back late, the N4 bus is available all night from Plaza Venezia, and will take you right back.

Overall, I thought it was a great hotel, however I may explore something a little closer to the city centre.

Room Tip: All I can say is that I was in Room 408 and everything was great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Martin C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hi,

I stayed 3 nights in June at the Best Western Art hotel Noba, and I can only talk nice about this hotel. It is just perfect, compare to all the other 3 stars in Rome, this hotel should be considered a 7 stars. Rooms are very clean, full of attention for details there is everything and more that you can expected, sound system in the modern bathroom, flat tv, great lights system and also balcony on my room. The staff were always very helpfull and eager to help. The breakfast was just amazing a full american breakfast in a very nice sunny breakfast room (compare to many hotels in rome that make you eat on lower ground floor). Location is great too, with express bus number 90 that starts from Termini station you will be at the hotel in 10 minutes. The just builded new underground line as well as the Nomentana train station (that connect direct with Fiumicino Airport) is 2 mins away. I will definetely go again at Best Western Plus Art Hotel Noba when back in Rome.Bravissimi. From Filippo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Fili B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Was there for about a week they had bed bugs and treated us like garbage also there toilet is soo small it's like there isn't even a seat for you to sit on...do not go to this hotel u will regret it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Markbaroudi
BWPLUS_NOBA, Direttore at Ibis Styles Roma Art Noba, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Baroudi, I am so sorry to hear such review about our hotel. Honestely, since we spoke several times, and you never told us anything about your stay and your bad feeling, and moreover, becouse you told us that you decided to leave 4 days earlier then forecasted check-out, and since was a prepaid and not refundable booking, made through an on line trave agent, was not possible for us to refund you money, and you asked us to "give you something for free", and we did, offering you the use for free of our in-house movie and entertainment system. You never mentioned about any problem, and also, at check.in you dislake first room, becouse was a lower floor, then we found a room on a higher floor, and you moved to that one. What is teally surprising, that leaving the hotel you joked with us, grating us sayin Forza Juve, Forza Napoli (for who doesn't know it, are 2 important Italian Soccer team) and you left your greetings to my colleagues not on duty, but mainly we shake pur hands and you thank me and my staff for supporting you with our assistance. About room, i can only say, that the Economy room is smaller then a double room (is about 12 square meters), the bed is a "french size bed" and is 140 cm. (following the AHMA directions the double bed has to be equal or more then 135 cm.) and finally the smallest bathroom in our hotel is at least 3,50 square meters. Obviously, if you book the smallest room of out hotel, for a forecasted stay of 10 days, maybe is not the best choice. Moreover, if you pay in advance, through an OLTA that doesn't allow you to change your plan, and specially if you book 10 nights and you stay only 5. For less money, You can book a junior suite, enjoy a complimentary breakfast, and have a better stay. By the way, if happened something else I have to know, and you did not mentioned to me in person, I rally wis to know I can I solve the problem you had. But if the problem is related to your shortened stay, as I told you, I canot modify it, becouse you did not made booking directly with the hotel.

Anyway, I wish you all the best, wishing you and your relatives.

Best regards,
Donato Formica - operation manager
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The hotel was great. Very Very clean. Lovely modern decor. Wi-fi was included! There was a lift. Ice was available upon request! Iron was available. Loved the bathrooms and the shower!! Slept comfortably in our European sized beds! Good breakfast in the morning with lots of variety and Harrison and Violeta were very friendly and helpful! Paulo and Simon were also wonderful! I love this place! I would recommend to anyone!! :-)
Only downside was the views of the neighboring residential highrises.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank C B
BWPLUS_NOBA, Direttore at Ibis Styles Roma Art Noba, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Charlene,

thank you so much for your positive comments on our Hotel.

When me and my Staff are able to satisfy guest expetation we are very happy. it means that all the efforts we've done are well done!

When a guest spend time to review an hotel, with a positive comments, are day, become a good day! thank you so much, and we hope to meet you soon at BEST WESTERN PLUS Art Hotel Noba.

Donato Formica
Operation Manager
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nice clean hotel with modern furnishings. Well-equipped bathroom. The stuff is nice. everything is available in the area. the only problem: no subwaynear to the hotel, but by car or bus 15 and 20 minutes to downtown.
We felt very well. If we come back to Rome, this is our hotel.. :)
Peter 2012 04. 26-30. room 502

szép tiszta szálloda, modern bútorokkal, igényesen felszerelt fürdőszobával. A recepciósok kedvesek. a környéken minden kapható. A központtól kicsit ugyan távol esik, nem metró vonalon van, de autóval, vagy busszal 15-20perc a belváros. nagyon jól éreztük magunkat. Péter

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kukutyinberci
Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 4 days. The breakfast was included in room price.
On day of arrival in Rome we reached the hotel at around 10 and had checkin at afternoon.
We asked for (paid) breakfast that morning. The charges we paid for that were much highter than what generally offered at other hotels. It was 10EUR per person.
While we were still at our table the breakfast counter was vacated without us even being informed about it. We tried to talk to the dining area staff to explain them the situation but they were very rude. The lady said that it was about time to clear the buffet and the RULE had to be followed. We tried to explain the situation and told her that we were paying extra fee of 10EUR each for breakfast and that we were not in formed at the reception that the breakfast counters will be cleared in next 15mins but in vain. There was no cordination among hotel staff and we had to pay for what we had not consumed. :(

Another incident, we asked for an extra blanket at arount 7 in the evening and got blunt answer by the receptionist - Sorry I donot know where they (blankets) are kept in the hotel. I can not help you. Try asking the other receptionist tommorrow morning.

The rooms were clean and spacious.
Needless to say the service was poor and most of the staff at the hotel was rude and unfriendly.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a small but good attached balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Traveller I
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

It is a very convenient place to stay in Rome! There is a direct train from Fiumichino Airport to the hotel (just 200 meters away). Furthermore, there is a direct express bus (60) to the city center (Piazza Venezia), which is very convenient and fast. You can also get the 90/90D bus to and from Termini Station, which stops in front of the hotel.

The property is relatively new, so it is very nice inside - both the public areas and rooms.

The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful. At the bar not that much, but again in the satisfactory minimum.

As a whole, I can definetely recommend the hotel to all travellers.

Cheers!