“Wow!!”

Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #22 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Sincerely the best hotel I have every stayed in. The welcoming was marvellous; we were greeted by Daniel with bier, prosecco, nibbles, a massive smile, and manners in abundance. It was our first time visiting Rome and Daniel couldn't have been more helpful; he provided us with a map, having highlighted all of the must-see spots, told us the best place to get tickets, offered to help us purchase them on the computer in the reception, gave us a map with all the surrounding restaurants and their style, price and quality rating and honestly answered every question we had. In the morning we were greeted by Vincenzo (my favourite), a cheeky Italian who quickly gave us the impression we were old friends, making private jokes etc. He served us coffee, cappuccino, scrambled eggs with tomato and ham, we helped ourselves to toast, there was bread, jam, cheese, ham, fruit, cereal, everything you could want to prepare you for a big day of beautiful sights. The next morning we were greeted again by Vincenzo and after another fabulous breakfast, unfortunately, it was time for us to check-out. Vincenzo took a great interest in what we had seen and done the day before and helped us with our itinerary for our final day ensuring we had seen everything. Our room, the 'cosy double' was perfect, the en-suite was clean, a good size, equipped with l'occitane products, a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers. The wifi connection was excellent. Truly, we did not want to leave. Thank you Palm Gallery Hotel for making our trip to Rome an unforgettable one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Katie H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We visited Rome in late January and on our way home in mid-February and stayed at the Palm Gallery Hotel both times. We had a homey welcome by our hostess-owner, Louisa, and also met her husband, who works in Milan but was home helping with the business. The Palm Gallery is a new venture for Louisa, she having been out in the corporate world for all but the last four years of her working life. She does a great job. The building is extremely well-maintained, very tasteful and attractive, with lots of brick and stonework, wi-fi that really works, and near the bus-route to downtown, a few miles distant. There are restaurants nearby - good ones, and we got a recommendation on one called Metamorphosis, a high-end dining experience which I must say was awesome on all counts. Louisa's "boys," as she calls them, her staff, are extremely polite and professional. There are eight of them to ten rooms, so no lack of assistance when required. The breakfast spread in the basement was absolutely fabulous - there was food for Americans and English who don't want to eat Italian, something beyond my ken, but plenty of first-class cuisine for those who do: fresh mozzarella, several types of ham and proscuitto, fruit, cappuccino, you name it. We hoped to see Louisa on our return trip but she was occupied elsewhere. No matter - her "boys" took care of things in style.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Elizabeth C
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had come here with my Wife and received some of the best treatments possible. From the checking in to the checking out, our stay here is surely going to be a memory we won’t forget soon. The staffs were so kind and welcoming. We were offered welcome drinks and showed us to our room. It was Valentine’s Day and the staff gifted us with a bunch of red roses along with a bottle of champagne. Good gesture I must say. They guided us all nearby Tourist destinations and how we could reach each of them. The location of the Hotel is in close vicinity from most attractions and hence commuting is a cake walk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KrloMorrisonAlbert
Mandal, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We decided to get married in the Norwegian embassy in Rome, and found this beautiful hotel where the whole wedding party could stay. Trying to arrange a wedding in Rome from Norway proved to be a bit more difficult than a first assumed, and I asked the Palm Gallery Hotel for some tips about where to arrange the dinner.

The lovely Louisa then suggested that we could do it all at the hotel. She arranged everything for us, catering, flowers, musicians, transport to and from the embassy, champagne and antipasti in a beautiful park after the ceremony, she took care of absolutely everything!

In addition to that, they made us feel so at home (except for the fact that no one brings me coffee, wine etc at my terrace the second I get home where I live..).
The service was absolutely above and beyond, what ever we needed, they fixed it.
Louisa even got my white wedding dress white again after getting a big stain of orange flower-pollen on it!

The rooms are all different, we had 9 of the rooms, and all of our guest were happy with their room. There is a lovely terrace outside, and a garden. There is some noise from the streets and dogs if you have a room facing the street, but no more than any other hotel in a city.

The breakfast is very good, they make you any kind of eggs you would like, the bread is fresh, and they make you any kind of coffee you want. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the back-yard are more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tonje B
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My son and I had the best time at the Palm Springs Gallery. Greeted with a drink and warm welcome, we received attentive service from friendly staff, helpful tips regarding restaurants, attractions and transit, and thoroughly satisfying accommodation. We were treated royally. The excellent reviews on TripAdvisor are well deserved. I had the feeling that we would have a great experience from the moment I started exchanging emails with Luisa and it proved to be true. She went out of her way to make sure that we had a comfortable stay. The tastefully decorated rooms are spacious, with very nice beds and linens, and luxurious toiletries. There are many nooks in which you can read, visit and relax in the Palm Gallery. A hearty delicious breakfast is served with cappuccinos made to order and eggs just the way you like them, as well as many choices. Luisa even plucked fresh herbs from the garden for our omelets and found a rose for me! I appreciated the attention to detail and personal service and enthusiastically recommend this hotel. On my next visit to Rome, this is where I want to stay and I will juggle plans accordingly to fit availability. Thank you for an amazing time!

Room Tip: trust Luisa to find what you require
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank lemon910
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Many emails back and forth with Luisa, the proprietor, always quick to respond and with excellent information provided. She went out of her way to try and accommodate our particular needs for which I am grateful. Would not hesitate to highly recommend the Palm Gallery and would certainly stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank World-Traveller-one
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed at Palm gallery for two weeks in our second holiday in Rome. What a joy it is to know the inn keeper has a true interest in making your stay as comfortable as possible. We loved our stay and we love Rome . I will re arrange my holiday dates if I couldn't stay in palm gallery.

Room Tip: Make as early reservation, fools up fast. They answer all your questions via email and they are fast...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple