“Best Stay in Italy!”

and 1 more site!
Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #19 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled across Italy last summer, and this was the last hotel we stayed in. It was our most enjoyable stay, and it couldn't have been better! The staff was friendly, the breakfast was lovely (they even offered to make us omelette's), the rooms were beautiful and comfortable, and it was a short bus ride to the busy city. In our travels we learned that Italy can be pretty loud at night, which we didn't mind, but at the end of the trip it was nice to wind down here, as it is located on a quiet little street. When we returned from the city centre at night the staff would offer us a glass of wine, and even stayed to chat a bit! I cannot wait to return someday, hopefully soon!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChelsiVoyage
There are newer reviews for Palm Gallery Hotel

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family's stay at the Palm Gallery was a special one, and actually one of my favorite parts of the trip! From the moment we arrived, it was clear that this was not "just a hotel", and that the wonderful people who run it (Luisa, Daniel, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, et al) are more of a family than a group of co-workers. We stayed for about 10 days, and even just a few days into our trip, we felt like we were family as well!

Every aspect of our stay was above and beyond my expectation, especially the AMAZING breakfast (FRESH meats, cheese, bread, pastries, eggs made to order, a different homemade cake made by Luisa, freshly squeezed orange juice...what's not to like? NOTE: Americans, leave your desire for a big, greasy breakfast at home and embrace the lifestyle of another culture! Isn't that why you're here???). The hotel itself was beautiful, and the staff was always making sure everything was well-maintained. For example, we went out early one morning and saw Luisa gardening, and when we came back around 7 in the evening she was still out there working! It's clear that our Palm Gallery family loves what they're doing, and the hard work they put into it is evident in every aspect!

Another thing I really liked about staying at the Palm Gallery was the neighborhood - quiet, away from the touristy areas but still easy to get to major attractions via public transit or cab. There are plenty of stores and restaurants easily within walking distance (GO TO EMILIO'S!!!).

When we left, we were all sad to say goodbye, but I plan to keep in touch with my new Roman family, and I will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank DustinLaurenzi
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were lucky there was availability for us to stay here for our last night in Rome. This was our best stay in Rome. First - the service: impeccable, prompt and courteous. Things like our bags placed in my room, cappuccino brought to my room, welcome drinks on the sunny open balcony all went toward making me wish we had spent every night in Rome here. The room was so cozy and so "Rome": romantic, spacious and comfortable. The reading sunroom on the 2nd floor? Fantastic. My only regret was that I left too early (6:30am) to enjoy the incredible breakfast spread that was being set-up when our car service arrived. This will be my destination on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a fun, beautiful place to stay in Rome. It is away from all the crowds, which makes it quiet and a welcome reprieve from the throngs of tourists. I traveled here with my dad. We were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of wine and enjoyable conversation with the hosts. During our stay, Daniel and Lorenzo helped us with everything from planning our day, making reservations to see the Sistine Chapel, and navigate the train system. The hosts also gave great recommendations for restaurants and nightlife nearby. Breakfast is very good (and filling) and is served in a pretty room downstairs. My dad and I were able to walk to most of the sites from the hotel, though if you prefer a bus, there is a stop close by. The hotel is immaculate and quiet as well, while still "homey." We wanted to stay an extra day and will definitely return if I visit rome again!

1  Thank CowgirlInChicago
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I loved this hotel. In Rome for 4 nights as a couple, we were welcomed as warmly as old friends. The room was spacious, clean and elegantly decorated, with large windows overlooking the street. The bed (two singles together) was very comfortable. Bathroom with a shower fulfilled the needs well. The neighborhood is pretty and quiet--very Italian. The location is out of the way, but still allowed us easy access to everything you'd want in Rome (via taxi, metro or bus). We loved walking around, so did a lot of that in the area, visiting restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel has an outside patio (on which we enjoyed a bottle of wine) and a spacious cellar-like basement where breakfast (included) is served. All this was at a very reasonable rate.

But as good as the physical amenities and location are, the owners and staff were even better! The catered to our every need, from the airport car to the restaurant and sights recommendations. Coming from the US, we slept in late adjusting to time difference, and the staff even called us to see if we wanted breakfast... at 1 pm in the afternoon!! I have never said this about a hotel, but I really felt like I was visiting family.

Thank you, Palm Gallery!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

1st class, received like family from the word go. Everything is great but especially the staff you can see that Vincenso,Lorenzo and Daniel love working there and when you stay you'll understand why, nothing too much trouble.they chill you out when you arrive, make breakfast easygoing and sort everything out for you tickets, restaurants they even sent for oranges to squeeze when they ran out. I would go back to Rome just for the hotel alone.Worth every euro,The owner even drove us to the airport nuff said.
Adam, Crystal Palace.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

To begin with, "It was more than we expected" or " I cannot wait to go back", seems inadequate to describe our time @ The Palm Gallery. I certainly do agree with the many other "excellent " reviews offered here by other TA member/visitors but my honest impression here is a little more emotional. Both our grandparents were Italian-born immigrants to the USA. Luisa and Daniel's bestowed warmth and honesty was not lost on us. Their hard work to provide great service and a most pleasant home was evidenced every day. Lorenzo, Vincenzzo and the entire staff demonstrated a dedicated effort to ensure our comfort and assisted us in any way to help us navigate our vacation in Rome. The sincerity and hospitality was real and I cannot wait to go back.

3  Thank Dlaurenzi2013