“Most pleasant vacation!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$179.92*
and up
Private Sightseeing Tour of Rome and Vatican...
Ranked #2 of 276 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in custom-made tours in Rome and throughout Italy. We employ only professionals, which allows us to provide the best quality of experience for our customers. The mandate of our company is focused on the satisfaction of our customers since we only aspire to the highest service standards. We believe that the best advertising is a happy customer; someone who will recommend us to their family and friends and will use our services again in the future. Our services: guided tours, private tours, visits to the city, gastronomic tours, walking tours, excursions on land, wine tours in Rome and throughout Italy. For your comfort and enjoyment, we offer luxury sedans, vans, and minibusses, accompanied by expert drivers who want your experience in Italy to be memorable. At your request, we offer licensed tour guides with an exceptional knowledge of Italian culture, art, and historical sites.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Excellent service from Jany and loved all their tour guides! We (my husband, myself and my nine year old) used their private tour services in and around Rome and Florence and loved every bit of it. Special mention for Claudio (our driver in Sorrento and Rome), Serena (our tour guide in Vatican City), Paola (tour guide in Pompeii) and Elisabeth (tour guide in Pisa, Lucca, Florence, Siena, San Giminano, Chianti and all the other nooks and corners that we went to. Jany, our tour coordinator, made things very easy for us. Every one of them knew so much about the places and the quirky history that goes with it. They took us to the most amazing restaurants and little shops. We would definitely recommend using them for a hassle free holiday!

1  Thank 0Kav0
DumanK, Owner at Rome in Limo Tours & Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for such a nice review. I appreciate you taking the time to add your comments. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to your drivers and guides. They will love to read them. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,718)
All reviews
"leaning tower"
in 47 reviews
"great driver"
in 67 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 116 reviews
in 242 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 139 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I went on a Eastern Med cruise with three other couples last September. We used RIL services in Naples and Rome. We couldn't have been happier with the service of our two drivers, Raffaele in Naples, sorry forgot the name of the driver in Rome. They both were waiting for us when we arrived at the dock; the vehicles were clean and comfortable. The guides RIL hired for us for the Vatican tour and Pompii were knowledgeable and very professional. Overall, we have no trouble recommending this company

DumanK, Owner at Rome in Limo Tours & Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. I appreciate you taking the time to add it here on the Trip Advisor. I am happy to read about your time with us. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have nothing but positive comments about RomeinLimo. Jany and Duman answered every email, question and offered good suggestions. We took a Mediterranean cruise in December and used RomeinLimo as our tour company for our stop in Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples to see Pompeii. Our drivers Marzia, Stefano and Tony could not have been any more pleasant or knowledgeable. All the drivers were very polite and spoke good English. They were all on time waiting with a sign with our name as we disembarked from the ship. Marzia, Stefano and Tony were safe drivers and all are highly recommended. The vehicles RomeinLimo used were spacious and in very good condition. We saw everything we wanted and more. RomeinLimo had excellent customer service.

Marzia, a real pleasure to have and I would not hesitate to request her again. Marzia was very knowledgeable about the history of Florence/Pisa and our requested points of interest of the Accademia Museum (the statue of David was much more impressive than we imagined), Cathedral Square, Piazza della Signoria, Church of Santa Croce, leaning Tower of Pisa and the Duomo and its piazza. We never felt rushed and Marzia welcomed all our questions. Marzia pointed out all the interesting things to see while we drove and always let us know when she would be back to pick us up, like after we toured the Accademia Museum. We originally thought we would just be driving by the beautiful leaning Tower of Pisa, but Marzia got a great parking spot and allowed us plenty of time for photos before the crowds came. We were so at ease knowing we had such a caring tour guide. Thank you Marzia for the memorable experience.

Stefano, a very knowledgeable person with your safety and tour enjoyment his top priority. Stefano answered every question we had about the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basilica, Catacombs (there are steps to get into the Catacombs), inside the Colosseum (there is an elevator), Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and so much more. Stefano made sure that we got to the right place we needed for the tours, for instance that we had the English tour guide at the Catacombs and that we met our private tour guide Frederika for the Vatican tour. Stefano also got us to a close walking distance to the Trevi Fountain. Stefano never made us feel rushed and even let us make a unexpected last minute stop at a store to shop, we really appreciated that. Thank you Stefano for everything.

Frederika was arranged by RomeinLimo for our Vatican tour and was excellent. There was so much to see at the Vatican that you could easily spend a few days, but Frederika took us to the most important points of interests, explaining everything and not making you feel rushed to see everything. She spoke good English and was a very knowledgeable tour guide. We still can’t believe that the ceiling was painted, Frederika. Grazie, Frederika.

Tony (singing Tony), we couldn’t have asked for a nicer tour guide to end our stay in Italy. We originally were just interested in seeing Pompeii, but after emailing RomeinLimo decided to take the drive to Sorrento, Positano and the Amalfi Coast and are very glad that we did. What a beautiful scenic drive. Tony took us to Positano which is a nice little walking town and a place you could walk on the black sand beach. Tony also made stops along the way and pointed out the various points of interest. He even arranged for us to stop by at the Gargiulo olive oil company for a personal tour, which was unexpected. The olive oil was truly the best we ever tried. Tony made sure we met our Pompeii guide Costanza and later Tony met us to take us back to port. Once Tony started singing “That’s Amore” we didn’t care if we sang off tune or not, it was fun, Tony. Thank you for the experience and we still talk about the size of the lemons.

Costanza was a great tour guide in Pompeii that RomeinLimo arranged for us. Costanza spoke English well and pointed out things we would have not noticed on our own like the chariot ruts in the road. She explained the history and points of interest like the theaters, homes, shops, water system and much more. Costanza answered any question and never made you feel rushed. Pompeii was a lot bigger than we imagined, but Costanza made sure we saw and were informed about the important sights of Pompeii.

I can not say enough about RomeinLimo and our drivers Marzia, Stefano and Tony. We really felt safe and cared for. The other guides Frederika and Costanza were excellent and we definitely recommended them also.

FYI - I would recommend bringing euros for tips and American Express travelers checks in euros as many places do not accept credit cards such as Pompeii.

1  Thank alwaysfun2travel

Wow! thank you so much for such a nice review. I appreciate all your comments and photo. I know how long it takes to write reviews so I am truly thankful. I am happy to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to all your drivers/guides and also to Jany. They will love to read your review. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We used RomeInLimo twice during our vacation, one time was an OK experience and the other was absolutely amazing. This is why I gave it a 4/5.

We had RomeInLimo pick up up from the airport and drive us to the Hotel, the reason why we chose them to do this is due to the fact we believed all of the drivers spoke english and we would be able to ask a few questions upon our late arrival. This was not the case, the driver spoke very little english and could not answer any questions just simply pointed out the coliseum. He also drove in circles to find our hotel until we had to point it and and provide him with the correct directions. I would just be aware of the airport shuttle service, it was a very reliable service and the gentleman was very pleasant, just don't use it for the reason we did, I would have just taken a taxi.

We used this service the second time a few days later for a transfer from Rome to Florence with a stop in Sienna and Tuscany for wine tasting. We had the fabulous driver Angelo, he was amazing!!! If I go back to Rome I will schedule another trip and ask for him in particular because he was so wonderful! He had so much knowledge of not only Rome but of Tuscany and Sienna. He spoke perfect english and we learned he actually speaks several other languages fluently. I really did enjoy his company for the day and so did my husband.

Angelo was right on time at 8am to pick us up from the Hotel and we drove straight to Sienna, he pointed out a lot of little cities along the way, allowed for some photo stops along then way and drove us right into the heart of Sienna. We stayed there for a few hours while Angelo made reservations for lunch and wine tasting on our way to Florence. The wine tasting he arranged was the highlight or our entire Italy trip, we tasted fantastic wines and had homemade italian food, it was AMAZING! After the wine tasting we drove the last little bit up to Florence to begin the rest of our adventure in Italy.

Angelo was an amazing driver and the service was fantastic, I absolutely recommend it for this type of trip.

1  Thank sdavis123456