“Rome in a Day”

Book In Advance
More Info
$222.59*
and up
Private Shore Excursions to Rome from...
Ranked #2 of 247 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in custom-made tours in Rome and throughout Italy. We employ only professionals, which allows us to provide the best quality of experience for our customers. The mandate of our company is focused on the satisfaction of our customers since we only aspire to the highest service standards. We believe that the best advertising is a happy customer; someone who will recommend us to their family and friends and will use our services again in the future. Our services: guided tours, private tours, visits to the city, gastronomic tours, walking tours, excursions on land, wine tours in Rome and throughout Italy. For your comfort and enjoyment, we offer luxury sedans, vans, and minibusses, accompanied by expert drivers who want your experience in Italy to be memorable. At your request, we offer licensed tour guides with an exceptional knowledge of Italian culture, art, and historical sites.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our party of 8 used Rominlimo for a one-day tour of Rome and then to take us to the cruise ship port afterwards. We were very please with Marko, our driver-guide. He was pleasant, courteous and informative. No significant problems at all even though the van was a little small for our group of 8.

I would definitely recommend Rominlimo and Marko in particular.

1  Thank larryemc
DumanK, Owner at Rome in Limo - Tours & Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you Larry for adding your review. We appreciate the feedback very much. I will make sure that I pass along your review to your driver. I'm sure he'll love to read what you said about him. I hope that we see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,753)
All reviews
"leaning tower"
in 47 reviews
"great driver"
in 67 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 116 reviews
in 242 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 139 reviews

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We used Romeinlimo in Livorno/Florence, Rome and Naples. The service in all three locations was outstanding.The drivers met us on time and planned the entire day perfectly, exceeding our expectations for sightseeing. They were all very helpful in getting us into many of the major tourist attractions without waiting in line. Clara our guide in Livorno/ Florence was an absolute delight. She went over the top to show us some interesting places, that one would not normally see and her recommendation for lunch was deliciousioso! This company is a great pick!

2  Thank Rick J

Thank you Rick for adding your comments here on the Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. I will make sure that I forward your comments to your driver and your guide so that they can read this. I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

We took RominLimo in three Ports
All our Drivers where exellent,very smart,nice and very helpfull.
It was Clara,Francesco and Corrado who our Trip to Italy
very joyfull
Thanks again

Bernie and Inge Eibisch
Toronto Canada

Ciao bernd! Thank you for taking the time to add your review on the Trip Advisor. I very much appreciate the feedback. I will forward your comments on to your guides. Thank you again and I hope that we are able to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had used Rome In Limo last year while traveling to Italy, and decided to use them again this year. We were back on a cruise this month, and used them in Livorno and Naples. We could not have been happier. Giovanni in Livorno is probably hands down the best driver guide we have ever used!!! We travel frequently, and only use private cars and drivers if possible, as we are a group of 6...so that says a lot. He was funny, informative, adaptive, and honestly the list could go on and on. We were traveling with a range of ages from my 70 year old parents to our 10 year old son. He was AWESOME!!! He took us EVERYWHERE and got us back to our ship on time. If you are ever in Livorno....you should ABSOLUTELY try to get Giovanni!! We even reccommended him to people we ran into in Barcelona who were going to Livorno the week after. In addition, Rome In Limo gave us Rafella in Naples. He was FABULOUS!! He was so attentive to my parents....especially my Mom who absolutely loves the views of the Amalfi Coast. He took us to a great restaurant and even got us in to an exclusive hotel for some pics!! WE LOVE ROME IN LIMO....and after using them two years in a row...there's no doubt...they are truly the best!!

Thank you Anita for such a nice review! I love reading this type of feedback from your time spent in Italy. I am very happy to hear that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your tours so much. I will make sure that I pass along these comments to your drivers. They will love reading about your thoughts on the day you spent with them. I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We took our two teenagers to Europe this summer. Our son is 15 and our daughter is 14. We used RomeinLimo on four separate occasions and were thrilled with each one. We ahd never used private tour companies before and agfter this expereince, I will ONLY use private tour compnaies if I can be assured of the quality that we expereinced with RomeinLimo. It is sooo worth the money for what the private attention and what you are able to learn and achieve in a very short period of time. No getting in and off the bus, waiting for stragglers... It was so simple!
We started with a tour of the Vatican. Serena was our guide. We met her at Cafe Vaticano across from the Vatican entrance. She is an art history grad and as such provided levels of richness in her descriptions that many would not be able to. She was soooo much fun too - engaging, vivacious and very keen to ensure that our two teenagers were fully engaged. Some tour guides speak mostly to the adults and she didn't. She made sure that her comments were understood and appreciated by all of us. She even used guessing games around the artifacts to keep our teens' attention. We saw the Vatican Museum, the Cistine Chapel and the Basiilca. Serena even managed to persuade the guards to let us in the underground catacombs 5 minutes pst closing which enabled us to see the tombs of the popes. She was wonderful.

The next day Frederico was our driver for a full day (8 hour) tour of Rome. He picked us up from our hotel in a very comfortable mercedes sedan. WE saw everything! Frederico was very charming and made sure that we saw all the highlights. He woulld patiently wait while we went inside to look at the site. We did not feel rushed even though we packed alot in. We even had time for lunch at a traditional trattoria and got to see the keyhole and visit the catacombs. There is no way that you could see and do all that we did on a tour bus. He was a superb driver and knew how to navigate his way through the streets to get us from place to place as efficently as possible. He was also extrenely charming explaining sites as we drove by and/or answering our millions of questions about Roman life today.

Our last two tours were when our cruise ship stopped in Naples for a day. We were picked up by Giavanni - our driver for the day. We immediately headed to Pompeii where we met our guide, Maria Luisa. She was extremely knowledgable and fun. She must have been in theatre at some point in her life. Her passion for Pompeii was palpable. She brought the ancient city to life for us and you could really imagine what life in Pompeii must have been like. It was 35+degrees while we were touring with her and yet we were riveted to what she was saying. She was also very focused on ensuring that our teenagers were understanding and enjoying what she was explaining. No mean feat when it was so hot!

Once our tour was done, Giavanni picked us up and took us down the Amalfi Coast stopping at Sorrento for some shopping, wandering and a great lunch (his recommendation - I had the BEST bufala mozzerella I have ever had!) and then to Positano . He showed us the sites all the way down the coast. It was a wonderful day!

I cannot say enough positive things about Romeinlimo. They make dealing with them very easy. They are incredibly internet savvy and communication with them is quick and efficient. I particularly liked the fact that you could pay them using visa and then only need to bring tip money for the guide. Many other private tour companies expect you to pay cash for the full amount. They made dealing with them extremely easy and I would highly recommend them. We can hardly wait to use them again for a stress free vacation!

Ciao Oakville! WOW! I cannot thank you enough for such a great review. I love getting this type of feedback from your time with us. I am very happy to hear that you had such a great experience. I will make sure that I forward along your comments to your driver/guides for each of your tours. They will be so happy to read this. Thank you again and I hope you come back soon!

Been to Rome in Limo - Tours & Excursions? Share your experiences!