“Private Tour with Romeinlimo”

RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions
Ranked #1 of 218 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in tailor made personalized tours in Rome, and throughout Italy. We employ only professionals, which allows us to provide the utmost quality of experience for our clientele. Our company mandate centres on the satisfaction of our clients, as we aspire to only the highest standards of service. We believe that the best advertising is a happy client; one who will recommend us to their family and friends, and use our services again in the future. Our services: Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Food Tours, Walking Tours, Shore Excursions, Wine Tours in Rome and throughout Italy. For your convenience and enjoyment we offer luxury sedans, vans, and mini-buses, accompanied by knowledgeable drivers who are eager to make your experience in Italy memorable. At your request, we provide licensed tour guides with exceptional knowledge of Italian culture, art, and historical sites.
oc, ca
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Private Tour with Romeinlimo”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I used Romeinlimo in 3 ports, Naples, Livorno and Rome. I always use private tours, never use ship excursions. I researched for a company that could accommodate 14 of us in one vehicle. Romeinlino provided a spacious vehicle along with great drivers and guides. They came highly recommended in all reviews that I read. There was not 1 negative review. In Naples, I was hesitant about going to Positano because of the winding roads and so many of us have motion sickness but our guide said the view was breathtaking and we really should go. Our driver Vini did an amazing job taking it slow on the roads and we appreciated him going at a snail's pace, as the big tour buses went whizzing by us. It definitely was worth the drive and not bad at all. Our guides, Marina, Serena and Iurica spoke great English with cute Italian accents. I was most impressed how they took care of all 14 of us by guiding us around the crowds, thoughtful enough to try to keep us in the shade, made the tours interesting and all 3 were humurous. Can't say enough about the tours with Romeinlimo. I see why they are rated so high and I concur with all the other reviewers. Thank you Jany for your quick responses to my questions and there certainly were a lot. Thank you Marina, Serena and Iurica for sharing your knowledge with us and taking great care of us. Finally a big thank you to our drivers who picked us up from the ports and returned us safely and timely to our ship. Thank you Romeinlimo.

Visited September 2012
DumanK, Owner at RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Ciao happytravel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Romeinlimo. I'm also happy to read that you did not get sick. That is good news. I will forward along your comments to your drivers. They really enjoy reading these reviews. Please come back soon!

• Korean first
South Lake Tahoe, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The Best tour we had”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hands down the very best tour we had on our trip. Our guide Franco was over the top, he knew how take care very need and was great fun.

Visited September 2012
Thank you maggie for taking the time to add your review. I am happy to read that this was your best tour. I will be sure to forward your review to Franco. He will love to read this. I hope that we are able to welcome you back real soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Naples and the Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time with Tony enjoying the Amalfi coast and Pompeii in a 9-hour tour. Tony was excellent and attentive to every detail. He was well-informed about the places that we visited and gave us a delightful tour. He even added a few extras, such as listening to beautiful Italian singers as we drove and even allowing us to sing a few lines of "That's Amore" to put us into an Italian frame of mind. He took us to an olive oil factory which was informative and interesting, suggested a great, reasonably-priced place for lunch and gave us time to shop in Sorrento. He was aware of problems with traffic which were avoided by changing our schedule. We enjoyed Pompeii with a private, arranged guide as well. It couldn't have been a more perfect day!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Laurel R
Ciao Laurel! Thank you for adding your review here on the Trip Advisor. I appreciate reading the feedback. I will make sure that I forward your comments to Tony. I am sure that he will love to read your review. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“RomeinLimo absolutely awesome! 10 stars!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Six of us were on a cruise with ports in Livorno, Rome and Naples. We were recommended to RomeinLimo by someone who had used them in Rome previously. Instead of being on tours with 40-50 people in a coach we had a private van for the six of us. The price was actually less expensive than what the cruise line offered and we were able to do so much more at each port and personalize it.
Clara was our driver in Livorno. She picked us up at the ship promptly. Clara is full of personality and lots of fun! From the moment we got in the van she began educating us on the area with history and incredible tidbits of information from the past as well as current. We had previously purchased tickets for David at the Accademia in Florence. When we arrived she put us in line and went to the office with the confirmation number to pick up the tickets for us. There was a problem with the confirmation number and they couldn't find it. Clara insisted with several museum people that we had already purchased them. Finally after her persistence they found them and in we went right at the same time the line began to move. We lost no time and had confidence that had we not had her, we would not have gotten in to see David! Thanks Clara! After a wonderful lunch at a local tratorria, we went to San Gimignano and had a wonderful time. Again throughout the beautiful drive Clara was always giving us an incredible education. When I say Clara went above and beyond it is an understatement. One of our party was ill with little to no energy. She stayed with him in the van when he was unable to participate and did whatever she could to get us to the closest possible entry point so he didn't have to walk any further than necessary. At San Gimignano she drove him around so that he could see most of it as he was unable to walk thru the area. We had fresh picked grapes, she helped us find local wine, found grocery store so that we could get snacks and medicine to take back to the ship. Clara definitely went above and beyond and would personally ask for her again if we returned. Our drive thru the Tuscan region was incredible. Loved every minute of the 9 1/2 hours we spent together. Thank you Clara!
In Rome we were picked up by Nick. The ship was 30 minutes late, but Nick was patiently waiting with an awesome large van for us dressed in an Italian suit and and was the classic Italian man! We did the Highlights of Rome and Catacombs. From the moment we got in the van Nick shared his tremendous knowledge of Rome with us. He was extremely knowledgable and interesting. First the Catacombs were incredible. He got us there at the perfect time to have an Australian Priest give us our tour of the Catacombs and it was incredible. Then to the Appian Way and helped with photos, explaining constantly about the history of the area, never running out of information! Hard to believe one can retain as much history as he does. Then the Forum and Colliseum both places getting us right at the gate and thru immediately and giving us advice on how to be most efficient as we tour the area. What incredible places! Then to the Pantheon, but first awesome pizza, beer and wine, sitting out people watching. After the Pantheon a very fun and unforgettable drive thru the narrow streets to Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. Again, we were amazed at how much we could get done in the 9 hours we had with Nick. I cannot begin to express how much we appreciated his knowledge and Italian persona! Would definitely ask for him by name again!
When we were greeted by Stephano at Naples we were immediately informed that there may be a strike on the way to the Herculeneum so he suggested rerouting us to Sorrento and Positano first and getting Herculeneum on the way back, so off we went for a beautiful drive to Sorrento stopping several times along the way to absorb the beautiful coast. Stephano was extremely informative as well as we traveled along the Sorrento and Amalfi coast. Learned alot about the area, olives and wonderful Lemoncello. Had a wonderful tomato, buffalo mozzerella cheese and pizza lunch in Sorrento followed by Lemoncello. He took us to a place to buy the BEST Lemoncello then on to Positano. Got us in as far as possible to Positano so that we could walk the village. After leaving the Amalfi coast we learned the Herculeneum may be closed due to the strike, so between educating us on the area and receiving phone calls, Stephano got us a private guide to take us thru Herculeneum one way or another. When we pulled up they had just opened for the day and we practically had the place to ourselves and the most wonderful informative tour. It was so worth the wait! Thanks Stephano and thank you for the bottle of Lemoncello! Loved it on the ship! Stephano's knowledge of the area was just as impressive of Clara & Nick and would also ask for him by name!
Last, I need to mention Jany, who each time I needed to contact RomeinLimo responded very quickly, sometimes immediately, which is amazing considering we were 8 hours earlier! Jany was awesome in giving us all the information about scheduling tours, buying tickets, etc. Appreciate her in making our tours work out for the best! Cannot give RomeinLimo enough accolades for making our Italian tours the absolute best! Thank you! Kris

1 Thank Kris H
Ciao Kris! Thank you thank you for posting such an amazing review. I appreciate it so much. I know how much time it takes to add such a detailed review. I will make sure that I forward all of your nice comments to the drivers and of course to Jany also. I hope that we are able to welcome you again really soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rome in Limo”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had to leave a few good words about our expierence this summer with RomeinLimo for ShoreEx. We took took all day drivers in a van from Naples/Pompeii and Florence/Liverno. Elizabeth was our driver in Florence and was fantastic. She showed us so many sights in Piza (both leaning towers) and Florence. When she saw what a shutter bug my wife was, she pulled off the highway, down a little country lane to a breathaking overlook of vineyards in tuscuny.
JohnyBGood was our driver in Naples. As if Pompeii wasn't breathtaking enough, the trip to Postintino was out of this world. The lunch overlooking the Med and Capri from the cliffs of Postitino was the highlight of our entire cruise. Even if my teenaged daughters cringed watching my Mother-in-Law flirt with him.
Overall I can not recommend this company highly enough. The seven of us where more than comfortable in the new vans they use and it was half of what our friends paid to ride the Princess Bus.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lars599
Thank you Lars for adding your comments on the Trip Advisor. I will be sure to forward your review to your guides. They love to read about your day with them. I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!