“Exceeded Expectations”

RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions
Ranked #1 of 218 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in tailor made personalized tours in Rome, and throughout Italy. We employ only professionals, which allows us to provide the utmost quality of experience for our clientele. Our company mandate centres on the satisfaction of our clients, as we aspire to only the highest standards of service. We believe that the best advertising is a happy client; one who will recommend us to their family and friends, and use our services again in the future. Our services: Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Food Tours, Walking Tours, Shore Excursions, Wine Tours in Rome and throughout Italy. For your convenience and enjoyment we offer luxury sedans, vans, and mini-buses, accompanied by knowledgeable drivers who are eager to make your experience in Italy memorable. At your request, we provide licensed tour guides with exceptional knowledge of Italian culture, art, and historical sites.
West Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We (family of six) used RomeInLimo for our cruise stop in Rome based on recommendations we had read here on Tripadvisor and another site. We were very happy with the entire excursion. Any and all concerns we had about using a company that we were not familiar with were quickly gone once we were met at the port by our guide Maurizio. He was very friendly, extremely knowledgeable of Rome, and he spoke very good english which was a huge plus. The van that was provided for our excursion was clean, comfortable, cool, and was easy getting in and out of and everyone had a good view of Rome from within. Mauricio was extremely flexible and willing to do whatever he needed to do in order for us to make the most of our day. Of all the excursions we did during our 12 day cruise of the mediterranean, this was definately one of our best. I wouldn't hesitate to use RomeInLimo again. Thank Maurizio!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Tom C

• Korean first
jillian646
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The best tour company!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I recently went on a Mediterranean cruise this summer with my fiance, my mom and my grandma. We were debating whether to do our tours through the cruiseship (Princess) or to do the tours on our own, and we chose to do the latter. We started researching various companies and eventually found Rome in Limo (after reading several great reviews on TA and Cruise Critic) and decided to book our Italy tours through them!

Jany handles the bookings/customer support for RIL and she was a pleasure to work with. She helped us choose our tours (Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano tour & the Rome Highlights tour). She sent us confirmation emails a few days prior to the tour.. so there was absolutely nothing to worry about! We also received a discount for booking multiple tours through the company.

As for the tours, the Rome tour was magnificent and our guide (Vinny) made the entire experience even better. He's such a genuine, knowledgeable, and happy Italian! We saw SO much on this tour (you can see the itinerary here - http://www.romeinlimo.com/rome/highlights.htm).. my favorite parts were the Vatican and the Coliseum.

I recommend hiring a private guide for the Vatican (which was organized through Rome in Limo, our guide was Braydon.. she was great). I wish this part of the tour was so rushed, but unfortunately that's what happens when you only have 1 day in Rome. I'd love to spend hours just observing the Sistine Chapel - but, oh well, maybe next time :)

Gianluca was our guide in Naples.. we enjoyed this tour but thought that he acted more of a "driver" than anything else. I loved how Vinny shared personal stories and facts about the area, and Gianluca didn't really do this. He also brought us to a disappointing tourist trap for lunch (which was too bad b/c Naples is epicenter for delicious pizza and pasta). As a sidenote, Pompeii is a MUST SEE if you're going to this area.

I'd definitely recommend Rome in Limo to travelers in Italy! Ciao!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank jillian646
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent private tour, picked us up right at the cruise ship”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We hired RomeInLimo to pick us up at the port and drive us into Rome, as well as provide an English speaking guide. Our driver and guide were just excellent! We only had one day in Rome, so we wanted to make the most of it. The ship wanted $2400 for a private tour for 6. RomeInLimo was so much more reasonable, about the price being asked to join one of the large tours on a per person basis.

Maurizio was our driver and got us into and around Rome quickly and efficiently. Maurizio also spoke English so it was nice that we were able to ask questions while on our way to Rome. We'd shared with them in advance the sites we'd wanted to see and they had the day planned out for us. He was very gracious, helpful and friendly. We would definately hire them again.

Our guide was charming, energetic and fun. She was very knowledgeable about the sites and somehow managed to get us into every site without waiting in any lines! At one point I asked her (and I wish I could think of her name now!!) about buying a watercolor of a scene of Rome. She knew where to find one and took me right to someone painting them, and they were some of the best I've purchased, and at a reasonable price. Just an example of how resourceful she was.

We did a lot of tours run by our cruise ship for our other destinations. We were so glad to hire RomeInLimo as we truly all felt like we got a so much more intimate look at Rome. If this is something you're considering I highly recommend it.

Do know that they will ask for cash payment when you are done for the day. They will tell you this in advance, though they do hold your reservation with a credit card. They also suggested that you purchase tickets to the Vatican Museums and Coliseum prior to arrival so you don't wait in lines for tickets. This was so easy!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank MNTravelGuy70
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The tour was the best!

We booked on line while cruising in Athens. We were staying a few days in rome and contacted the tour company. Our tour was a full day including the vatican. At the Vatican we hired a tour guide thru this company.

Andrea at 8am, picked us (all five) up at the dock as promised. He helped carry our luggage to the van.

3 Thank Sak083181
Plano, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Shore Excursion Experience by RomeInLimo - Florence and Rome”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is the first time that I have ever reviewed a company on-line. However, I very much wanted to recommend RomeInLimo to anyone that is taking a Mediterranean Cruise and wants top-notch service for shore excursions. RomeInLimo's Gian-Maria in Florence and Salvatore in Rome were each first rate - new their stuff - took you right up to all the sites as they drive vans and can get up close to drop you off. They take you to eat at authentic places - not tourist traps. AND, for a group of 7, we paid less than 50% than we would have had we booked with the cruise line. Follow the tips on RomeInLimo's site - they save you time too. Could not be more pleased and am a true skeptic! MSM

Visited July 2011