Domus Valeria
$273
$373
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My time at Domus Valeria was the highlight of my 10 days in Italy. I spent just 2 nights there (due to limited availability) and I didn't want to leave! The location is amazing, and yet on the rooftop terrace you feel as though you are in a quiet retreat miles away from the bustle below.

Marco and Erick are wonderful people, truly carding and knowledgeable hosts. Their home is beautiful and well-maintained, and breakfast leaves nothing to be desired. I would like to balance my review with any practical concerns, but I can't think of any. I truly enjoyed my stay and wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The first things that attracted me to Domus Valeria was the location and the price and having been to Rome numerous times, this was the best value that I have experienced. Host Marco is such a personable one that you never feel you are at a hotel but rather, as his private guest and that you have known him for many years. I stayed in the small single room which was fine for my needs and to be surrounded by his quality antiques, object d'art, prints and other personal items lends such a unique touch and only enhances the home stay feel. Breakfast on the roof top terrace is more than just your aveage continental breaksfast and such is the quality of the food and the surroundings you could quite happily sit there for ages and forget it is Rome you have come to see. Some may gripe about the shared bathroom but in whole time I was there (6 days), it was never an issue and the facility itself is brand new and stare- of the art. And again I can't praise the location high enough ( within spitting distance of the Spanish Steps). As intimate and boutique accommodation goes, this is the real deal.

Room Tip: If you are a single traveller, you may want to pay extra to get one of the double rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marco Valerio A, Proprietario at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you again for your kind words.

It was a pleasure for me to be your host! The best thing about this work is certainly in the opportunity to meet some nice people like you!

I wish you all the best and really hope to see you once again in the future (maybe in your beautiful Country!)

Hugs

Marco V.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Domus Valeria. Marco, the owner, was a large part of that. He was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay, from the followup email when we booked offering information on getting there, to the restaurant advice for the area, right through to directions to our next destination. He was very pleasant to chat with over breakfast to share our impressions of the city. The B&B itself was clean and well maintained. A lot of stairs to get up to it, but there is an elevator if you need it. No hesitation recommending this B&B to friends and family and we'll stay there again next time we visit Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a wonderful time in Rome, and Domus Valeria B&B hospitality made everything just perfect! The apartment is very beautifully decorated with antiques, my bedroom was large and cleaned daily, the bathrooms have been renovated, Breakfast is served daily on the beautiful quiet and serene terrace. The terrace is the bonus !! It is ideally located by Piazza di Spanga, restaurants, high end boutiques such as Chanel, Gucci, Padra and the Metro Station all within just 2-minute walking distance. the hosts are amazing and always ready to help you with everything. I definitely recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank joemartinezmia
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Joe,

thank you so much for your nice words and thank you again for the beautiful hydrangea that you gave to me before your departure! I found the right place on our terrace and she is growing and growing.

Hope to see you once again in the next future,

all the best from me and also from Erick.

Marco

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a pleasure it was to have stayed here in April 2013. So centrally located - Great rooms in a beautiful apartment and fantastic (very generous) breakfasts on the beautiful roof terrace. Marco is the perfect host - and is also the font of all knowledge regarding anything you need to know about Rome. We will be back!!! Stewart and Tony x

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple