“Nothing Special, Just Average”
Review of Terno Secco

Terno Secco
Ranked #7,971 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special, Just Average”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Looked at the reviews, after visiting the restaurant, and Terno Secco was priced on par with other restaurants. Starter (Mozzarelline Fritte) and main (pasta x2, Calzone) were both fine. For us, it was only the desserts that were poor - very panna cotta and mousse cioccalato. As on other reviews, the food was brought at at different times for those on the table. Indeed, seemed as though the pasta across the restaurant were brought out at the same time... so got the feelign it was not cooked to order as such.

We had no service charge, though a cover charge is normal in Italy.

Would I go back, probably not, as I know of other restaurants that are better, though at the time, it was OK.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Watch out .... they scam you with their service fee.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family had a wonderful dinner at Terno Secco. We had lasagne, pizza and ravioli. The service was "okay", but they brought our children's meals out much later than the others. Having worked for years in the restaurant industry, this is simply not acceptable. The waiters were very friendly, but pushy. I had to ask for our bill 3 times. When the bill finally came there was supposedly a 15% "fee for service". I had missed this on the menu and was disgusted that I was being forced to give a "tip". I can accept my mistake that I missed the service fee, but the waiter indicated it wasn't a tip and that the tip was extra - yeah right!. Then it got better, I checked their calculation of the "15%" and it turned out to be 17%. When I confronted the manager they incorrectly gave me another party's receipt....guess what, their "service fee" was too high too!!!. This restaurant is scamming a few euros extra off of every customer. The manager gave me my two Euros back and shooed us away. What is really disappointing is we all enjoyed the food...A LOT!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CDNProf
München
“Dishonest”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

After we had sat down at this restaurant and ordered the drinks I asked my husband why I had the strange feeling that they were going to try to rip us off.
And I was right. After we had had an average meal (antipasto were great I have to say!) with chewy pasta that had obviously come out of the microwave and that didn't come with the sauce that I had ordered they tried to overcharge us. We tried to complain and suddenly none of the 'friendly' waiters was to be seen anymore.....

• Visited February 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“We were recommended Terno Secco...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

And we were quite satisfied to find this lovely local & reasonably priced restaurant. We stayed just around the corner so when we were tired after just arriving in Rome & not wanting to go far on our first night we were happy with Terno Secco. We thought it was very efficient & affordable also. Lots of locals so that's a really good sign too!

Visited November 2012
Irving, TX
“Best Lasagna We Ever Had”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

They let us in even though they were closed for the afternoon. We did not figure that out until we were seated. Anyway we were the only ones there and they had a limited menu. All 4 of us had the Lasagna and agreed it was the best any of us had ever had. I have been making a project of trying the Lasagna in every restaurant we have gone to in Italy so far so I have a lot of comparisons. The price was reasonable too. 56 euros for the four of us. Anyway we recommend this restaurant.