“great savvy hotel in rome”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 19, 2010

for the price, was a great stay. brand new facilities, super clean and helpful front desk. with wifi. rooftop garden was very nice and rooms were kept in great condition.

1  Thank kadub

Reviewed November 19, 2010

This hotel is lovely and has so much to offer, the vending machine idea is a great idea and very reasonably priced. We actually ended up going to the SPAR which is just around the corner(on the main road) and brought food and wine from here though. The roof balcony is lovely, although a little chilly in the winter months - but still nice for some fresh air. Our main problem with this hotel was the extremely thin walls, our first room was postitioned by one of the vending machines and everytime someone brought something we could hear the whole process. We also had some chatty neighbours and could hear all of their conversations. On our 4th night (we stayed for 5) our room was extremely hot, so much so that we could not sleep. We rang down to recpetion and they gave us a fan. We spoke to the management the next day and were informed that this was something to do with the heating being put on for the first time and the position of our room. The manager was brilliant and had us moved into a new room straight away and also gae us a free breakfast as an apology, we were very impressed with his dealing with this matter. However our new room was postioned on floor 2 and was by the front of the hotel, everytime someone walked past our room (on the metal grates right outside) it sounded like someone was walking on a fire escape right outside our bedroom window. The hotel is in a great position and if you are lucky enough to have quiet neighbours, not be near a vending machine and on a high floor then I imagine it is wonderful!!!!! If not, be prepared to get little sleep. Normally I would have happily stayed in this hotel again but both my husband and I felt that the lack of sleep had an effect of the enjoyment of our time in Rome and therefore on our return we will stay somewhere else. A great hotel, great staff, great price, great location - shame about the noise.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hatchervian
iQHotelRoma, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at iQ Hotel Roma, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2010

First of all, we would like to thank the guests for their comment and on behalf of the management team I sincerely apologise for the incidents reported. It’s our policy to consider any feedback with great attention as it offers us an opportunity to evaluate our services and to understand if any adjustment is needed.

In this review the guests reported 2 problems that affected their stay specifically the noise and the room temperature.
Regarding the noise, the walls have been designed to guarantee the maximum comfort. We had the noise level certified as within standards before the hotel opening and also again a few weeks ago following another guest complaint of the same problem. Following this recent review, we will certainly schedule a further in depth technical check and if any problem would be found with the acoustic insulation of the walls, we will immediately plan an extra insulation. We will also consider any special request for those guests who are very light sleepers with care designating quieter rooms facing the internal courtyard if available.

Concerning the room’s temperature, our A/C system had a major technical problem a few weeks ago when it was switched from summer to winter settings, this could have resulted in an unforeseeable technical problem that was not expected by us as management. The hotel opened in late June when the temperature in Rome was about 30°C with a maximum of 35/38°C in August and the A/C worked extremely well, offering the guests a comfortable temperature in the room. The system was thoroughly tested prior to the hotel official opening. The problem we experienced a few weeks ago was unpredictable and our engineers immediately started a recheck of the system and after days of hard work they found the source of the problem which is now fixed.
We are currently considering switching from the energy saving eco friendly system that we have into a more conventional A/C system that would allow more control of the room temperature by the guests. This may be carried out regardless of the considerable cost involved to be able to provide the level of service our policy intended for customers. I do hope that my answers have satisfied the issues raised in this valued review. We look forward to welcome the guests once again at our hotel.

Ms. Loredana Spaltro, iQ Hotel Management Team

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Great location. Less than 10 minute walk from Stazione Termini. Room we had on inner courtyard so quiet would not think you were in such a bustling city. Modern facilities in ancient city.

1  Thank Maggip
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This was the absolute "have all" hotel and I am counting the days until I return. The location is perfect and the staff was extremely helpful and nice. The rooms were large (by European standards) and sooo sooo clean! One day, we were trying to print out colosseum tickets and they were having problems with the internet. The clerk had me use the computer up front and had my passes printed in no time. Internet in the room was very fast. The roof top terrace was the absolute best! We grabbed sandwiches from a nearby hotel and made the best dinner and ate while lounging on the rooftop. THANK YOU!

1  Thank dawnebf
Reviewed November 17, 2010

As a first time traveler to Italy and to Rome, I relied on Tripadvisor to get hotels and found iQ Hotel an ideal location and also, price-wise. I booked in September when the hotel reviews were still few since it had just opened. By the time I was traveling and days away from my arrival to Rome the reviews have increased and true enough, the hotel ended up one of the best places I have stayed in through the 2.5 week trip.

The rooms are big, bathrooms more than sufficient. The hotel crew were very assisting and I really believe it was a smart way to run a hotel. No, I did not feel nickle and dimed. As a matter of fact, when I needed museum reservations to be printed they simply asked me to forward it to their front desk and picked it up the next morning with no cost to me.

Their in-room bar remained empty for guests to have the option to stock it with items that they can purchase either from their vending machines or from outside. The items in the vending machines ended up cheaper than if you got them from outside (a bottle of H2O inhouse was 95 cents while outside I had to pay as much as 2 euros! They had coin operated washing machines on another floor, in case any guest had the time to spare to wash their clothes prior to going home (no I loved wandering around Rome and didn't have a minute to spare to worry about my laundry!).

The bed was very comfortable and I have had a very restful sleep even on my first day when I was flu-ish.

The crew were very attention, especially Resty who helped with my luggage when I first arrived and was very cheerful everytime you saw him. Everyone was helpful with recommendation on restaurants within the vicinity but bring a block away from Piazza della Repubblica, the source for food was limitless.

Truly a gem in the city and I would definitely love to return to Rome and return to iQ hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MariaVictoria0918
Reviewed November 16, 2010

location was fantastic. walking distance to most of the sights in rome. no need to fear the mini-bar charges as they have vending machines all over the place. At the grocery a bottle of water will cost you .29 cents, at the hotel .50 cents - in outside kiosks - 2 euros!

the rooms was nice and clean but the central airconditioning was turned off because it was winter. we had to open the balcony doors a bit to let the cool air in.

free wifi is the best! :-)

near republika mrt and termini station.
my tip- take the roundt rip transfer they offer at 90 euros if you are a group of 2-4 people.
we made a mistake of trusting the train which cost 15 euros each (so that's 30 already one way/ 60 both ways) but the mrt station was under construction and we had to lug around our 20kg bags up and down the stairs int he termini station (no lift and escalator geez!) so painful and tiring! so we took the 45 euro one way trip to the airport and arrived relaxed and rejuvinated! :-)

2  Thank paui_14
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Spent a night there late Oct, 2010 with my wife. We really liked the hotel. Great location, close to tourist sights as well as Termini. Very professionally run,. Good sized rooms. Stylishly modern appearance.

We located/selected the hotel based on recommendations here at TripAdvisor, and it certainly lived up to our high expectations. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple