“Fall in Love”

Ranked #22 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Tallinn, Estonia
“Fall in Love”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Italy's biggest city is the city to best fall in love with. I spent a weekend during my honeymoon last month in the city and got a booking at the iQ Hotel Roma. The booking was easy since we went through a travel agent and the room was small yet lovely. We spent the entire day roaming around the city and falling in love all over again. There is so much to see in Rome and staying in iQ Hotel Roma will calm your nerves and relax you. Nice beds, very comfortable. One thing that I would like to comment about the hotel is their logo. I'm an advertising guru and I must say that their logo is not the typical hotel logo but it works. It can really catch your attention and may ask you to wonder about the logo and what it represents. All in all the idea of the hotel is local modernity in the city of love.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A well-maintained hotel with excellent staff and facilities, iQ Hotel Roma gives a capital Q to Quality. We had a wonderful stay and complimented well with our exhilarating trip around Rome. We could feel the warmness from the staff that was very helpful in asking for directions. Definitely a top choice when in Rome.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hongkong
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Most critical: Far from metro (15 mins from central or 8 mins from republican), it will be a big problem when u carry large luggage. No breakfast included unless u paid additional, so that total fee will be 20% higher than same grade hotel in Rome that I don't think its worth. My room with street view, I opened window while sleep, sorry that I can hear someone talking and laughing loudly even at 1am.
Merits: Room and hotel area is very clean; U will find great if u are opera lover, coz it just opposite to Rome opera theater.

• Stayed January 2014
RomeGR, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at iQ Hotel Roma, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Sir,

We are sorry to understand that your stay with us was not up to your standards. It seems to us that although you have appreciated our cleanliness and room size, you have not managed to find other qualities in our hotel. Not even our location which is normally highly praised by our Guests.

By reviewing our system we have noticed that you have been with us only for one night, so we might assume that your choice of our property was mainly for the fact that we are close to the train station; it seems that not even this has satisfied your needs. However, although we understand that your perception of the time you took to get to the underground stop Repubblica and to the main train station Termini was very long, we would like to reassure our Guests that these are not that far away. Repubblica is really only 200 metres up the road on via Nazionale and it will not take you more than 5 minutes to get there, nor will it take you more then 10 to get to Termini on foot. Sure enough with huge suitcases the walk might seem longer, however in normal circumstances we can assure you that it is quiet a comfortable stroll to reach both locations. As a matter of fact, most Guests choose us especially for this reason since the area offers many public transportation which can take you all over Rome; furthermore most sightseeing spots may be reached with a short downhill stroll.

As for the breakfast, we are sorry that you felt that paying extra was not worth it; most Guests seem to appreciate the variety and quality of items which we offer and consider paying ten extra Euros per person per day quite reasonable. Having to add the breakfast on top of the final rate is in fact part of iQ’s very concept. The idea is to give Guests the possibility to add only the required services to their stay so clients are not obliged to buy breakfast if they are not used to having it. Furthermore, we can reassure you that the rate you have paid was absolutely in line with those of the other 4 star hotels in the nearby area including the breakfast cost. Of course, if you compare us to other 4 star hotels which are not in the city centre, the rates might seem higher, but it is also true that if you look at hotels near the Spanish Steps or Piazza Navona, we are cheaper compared to them.

Regarding the noise you have heard at 1 AM in the morning, we are sorry that this has disturbed you. We are located in a very quiet street but it also true that there are pubs and restaurants near us and people may be still around at that time of night, as in most large cities people often do. However, from what we gather you have heard people talking only after you had opened the window in your room, so we may assume that when it was closed you were not disturbed by them. Also, we are sorry that you did not mention this fact at check-out. At this point, if we might suggest, next time you book you might want to request a quiet room and it would be our care to place a note on the reservation and assign a room facing the courtyard, depending on availability on the day of arrival.
張家港市, 中國
Reviewed February 1, 2014

i always find that most of the hotels in Europe are very "historical". personally, i would feel more comfortable to stay in the modern style hotel and i found that IQ Hotel Roma can definitely fulfill my need. the room size we pick is quite small, but it is very comfortable with all we need. there are sufficient plug in the room for different utilities to use. toilet is clean and price for breakfast is reasonable, just EU10 each. lastly, they also offer self laundry facility too which is very helpful for tourists like we that are traveling for awhile.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

So let me start this by saying that I've never written a review but I use trip advisor all the time. I felt so strongly about this hotel, I had to create a profile and write a review for them! This place exceeded our expectations! We spent 4 nights in Rome and this hotel was a perfect place to stay. The location was excellent- it's just steps from Roma Termini but on a nice little quiet street, so there's never the problem with traffic being loud outside your window. You can catch the metro or train from there and there's also bus stops at all the sightseeing tours! The restaurants around the hotel are great too, and even a delicious gelato place steps from the front door. We had two rooms and both were the same- very clean, comfortable, well laid out and not cramped! The bathroom was big and the shower wasn't too small either (and we're on the bigger side). They have their own self service laundry and business center, which came in handy on the rainy days. But the best part about the hotel was the staff! They were extremely knowledgable, friendly and helpful! Their recommendations of restaurants, travel and activities were spot on. There was never any problem with communication, as they all speak English! The breakfast buffet they offer always had fresh food, including fruit, hot eggs and bacon, danish, juice, and coffee! I would definitely recommend this hotel and when I go back, I will definitely being staying here again! I'm sad I didn't book the other IQ hotels for the rest of my trip :(

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank 894christinad
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The iQ Hotel is where my family and I stayed during our trip to Rome. This four star hotel offers you unbelievable services and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. A haven for modern travellers, the rooms are fully equipped with all that you’d expect to find in a 4-star hotel, including satellite TV, free internet connection, a mini fridge and lots more. My favourite part of staying at the iQ was using their vending machines which popped out some really yummy sandwiches! Instead of room service, we just used the vending machines every time we felt like nibbling on something. I also accessed the sauna room during my stay and came out wonderfully relaxed and refreshed! Excellent service and the breakfast was delicious too. I personally loved the breathtaking view of the Opera House from the terrace. I really enjoyed my stay at the iQ. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PolitMoodiTraci
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Spent 3 nights at the iQ Hotel Roma in the spring of 2013. Large rooms. Nicely decorated. Newer hotel. Staff very helpful and all speak good English. Easy walking distance to the main streets of Rome's shopping district. About 1 1/2 miles from the Fountain of Trevi. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple