“Great Value, Fab Location, Smiling Staff”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in September. LOVED this hotel. How fantastic to have washers instead of paying $10 per shirt at the laundry!!!
We were greeted and checked in very efficiently. Room was good sized by European standards, and everything was very clean. Lots of places to get breakfast items nearby. Easy walk to the train station.
Our favorite thing about the hotel was HICHAM at the front desk. Nicest. Guy. EVER. So helpful and sweet. If you get to stay here, please be sure to tell him MAC says HI to GREENY!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank itchyfeetRTW

Reviewed January 17, 2013

just got back from 3 nights at this hotel and i cannot fault this hotel at all, it is very clean and modern I was impressed with our room, we had booked a small double but it was very roomy I think this was because it was a corner room. Reception were helpful, Location was very good and I loved the self service aspect of the hotel, it also had a sauna which we used twice. Its set between two metro stations both a few minutes walk. There is a couple of cash points across the road. Within ten minutes walk we found a really nice Irish bar called Finnegans it seemed to be the only bit of night life there was close by. There are quite a few restaurant's close by we went holiday which was nice no complaints other than it was lacking atmosphere, where as Alessio is a must, its only across the road and had the most amazing food for reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RachelPeterborough
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed this January at the IQ Hotel in Rome with my family, in a triple room. This was a great experience. Besides being situated very well for those that want to see the wonders of Rome (5 minutes walking distance to subway, 2 minutes to Via Nazionale) the hotel is very modern and very clean. The staff was always very kind and helpful. The breakfast for 10 EUR is something you should not miss!! The coffee - even if it comes from an automatic machine - is very good! I would recommend this hotel to anybody going to Rome!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view to the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DDavinci
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the iQ Hotel Roma in early June 2012. I arrived about 1000, and expected to just drop off my luggage until later in the day; I was pleasantly surprised to be able to immediately check into my room and freshen up after a long trip from the US. My room was spotless and spacious for downtown Europe, very modern. The iQ has a great location across the street from the Teatro dell' Opera and just a few blocks from the Roma Termini and the subway and within walking distance of all the Rome sights. I availed myself of the breakfast buffet. It was a great way to start the day and enabled me to get by with just a gelato break before dinner. I definitely recommend the iQ Hotel Roma and would stay there the next time I'm in Rome!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdkirkpat
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel: the vending machines, terrace lounge and laundry facilities were all greatly appreciated during our 3 night stay, as well as the super helpful staff.
The only problem we had was that the rooms were over-heated. We left the balcony door open at night even though it was winter and this helped, but not enough. Perhaps it is better in summer when the air conditioning operates.

1  Thank dlm45
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the reviews we read previously and definitely were not disappointed! We arrived at the hotel earlier than the check in time, so instead of asking us to wait, the reception staff was so apologetic that he offered us a room at Hotel Artemide (a 4 star superior hotel just 1 min away) for the night, PLUS free breakfast during our entire stay AND a free upgrade. When we did get to stay in our room at the iQ, we were amazed at the size of the bedroom and bathroom. The wine/beer vending machine was great for roof terrace drinking, and the breakfast was really nice with meats, cheeses, assorted pastries and bread. The staff there are so nice and helpful with anything we needed. I most defintely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Rome. If we ever come back to Rome, without a doubt, we will stay at the iQ Hotel Roma.

5  Thank jendawg11483
Reviewed January 9, 2013

without a doubt, i would return to this hotel if I visit Rome again. we traveled to rome in a big group over easter in april 2012. the location of this hotel to the subway station is ideal. the hotel itself is beautiful. not too big but quite modern and very clean. the rooms are small but quite clean which is what i am always looking for. there was a quaint balcony but we did not keep the doors open much because it was loud at times on the street. there wasnt too much room to unpack clothes and such but that wasnt really an issue. I did notice that my inlaws room was bigger than ours, but not sure why, the price was the same. the surrounding area was great in the sense that we had access to local pizzerias, restaurants, bakeries, even a dry cleaners (which we used). if you decide not to take the subways, its still quite easy to get around, maybe a 15 min walk to the major attractions. the best part of the hotel was that it had washers/driers to use (and i never found there to be a wait for them), and that there was an awesome vending machine on the top floor where you could get any kind of coffee drink or even a bottle of wine, at any time of the day. I loved that this hotel was more of a self serve hotel and didnt offer room service. there were also vending machines where you could buy sandwiches, soups, snacks, and each floor had a microwave. quite convienent and definitely a money saver. more hotels should be this way. there was also a fairly large business center with computers, never a wait for internet. we never had a problem with theft or any issues with the staff. in fact they were very friendly and promptly came to help us when we did have minor issues in the rooms.
we had such a great time in rome and were so happy we decided to stay at the IQ hotel. we had been debating on whether or not we should have rented an apartment because we were a group of 7, but we think we made the better decision by staying here. worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family