“Extremely convenient hotel in the center of Rome”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #20 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in mid November. This hotel has everything you could possibly need. It has vending machines with not just beverages and sandwiches but also one with convenience items like moisturizer, nail cutter, ear buds etc. Water is a mere 70 cents ! Even cheaper than outside. They have a coffee machine, ice machine, microwave and even a laundry room where you can wash for 3 euros and dry for another 3. Very convenient ! The hotel is about a 7 minute walk from termini and close to bus stations. You could even walk to most of the attractions. The opera is right opposite the hotel ! The rooms are very well done and extremely spacious. Modern with all amenities. We got a room with a balcony - and was facing the opera. If we opened the balcony door in the evenings we could hear music from the opera which was very nice ! But no noise creeped in with the door shut. We walked around the area even at 10-11pm in the night and it was very safe. Its 2 mins from Via Natzionale street that is very good for shopping. My only complaint was that the staff doesn't really make any effort to converse. We arrived at 8am in the morning which was obviously too early for check in so we left our luggage with them and were told to come back by 1pm. We did and were asked to take a seat while they checked on the status. We weren't given any feedback for the next 30 mins or so while the staff engaged in conversation with other customers. Only upon asking again were we told that our room was ready. This wouldn't have bothered me otherwise but we were really exhausted from the 8 hour long flight and the 5 hour wait to get to a room - it would've been nice if the staff had realized that and made sure we were sent to the room as soon as it was ready instead of making us wait unnecessarily. Other than this small issue, everything else went smooth. Didnt really interact with the staff after that. All in all..great stay ! Dont hesitate to book !

Room Tip: We had room 414 and it was pretty great ! Spacious and with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelight504
Write a ReviewReviews (4,335)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The IQ hotel was conviently located a short 5 minute walk from the train/bus station (that is if you read maps better than my sister and I) and you can get a bus from the airport for 5 euros, (turn right as you exit the airport).

The hotel is then only a 5-10 minute stroll to the main attractions such as the Forum and Coloseum.

The rooms were surprisingly large and comfortable and very clean. Bigger towels are always on my wish list. You can chill out on your return on the terrace bar with an inexspensive bottle of wine from the vending machines. The thought of vending machines was a little unnerving at first, but I actually found it an easy, convenient and inexspensive alternative to the minibar. There was still a fridge in the room for you place your purchases in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice budget hotel, with touch of comfort. The room is very nice the bath room modern. The vending machine with snacks and water useful and cheap price. Infact cheaper then in the street vendor. The Staffs seem friendly.

Not far from Train station, and walk down to All sight seeing in Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mayvind
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is an amazing hotel in every way, and as I am usually very picky this says a lot. Do not hesitate about booking this hotel!
We walked to all the major sites, the area was safe, close to the main station, amazing breakfast, very friendly staff, great rooms and fresh bathroom-
It made our stay in Rome so much better! :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel was one of the more modern ones that we stayed at during our Italy trip. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I found that the best quality of this hotel was its service - the hotel staff were very friendly. Upon our arrival, and due to the delay of our check in (the customer before us was taking a long time), we were instantly upgraded to a better room. Our room ended up being very nice, and I would assume that the standard room that we originally books would have been the same quality only slightly smaller. I believe that this hotel also has great value - this is one of the less expensive hotels that we chose, and we were very happy with its cleanliness, size of rooms, and overall experience.

The only downside of this hotel is that it does not include a complementary breakfast. This is actually the only hotel that we visited on our Italy trip that did not include breakfast. Although it is not a big deal, it's just always nice to have a convient complementary breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
RomeGR, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at iQ Hotel Roma, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Rome and with us. It is of the utmost importance to us that our Guests feel that we appreciate their business. Our Staff is always ready to assist and follow you in every detail regarding your stay.

As for the breakfast, this is not complimentary since it would go against iQ’s concept itself. iQ was created as a new way to approach travel and traveler’s needs. Not everybody likes having breakfast in the morning, therefore why should they have to pay for something they will not use? On the contrary who wants it can simply add it to the room rate. Some prefer to try it first before deciding to add it daily during their stay. We cater for all these different needs travelers might have, always giving them the option to add it after check in.

For any further information regarding iQ‘s concept our Front Office is always available.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was in Rome for one night after my Greek Isle Cruise. I wanted to see the sights from a centrally located hotel since I did not have a car. I searched in the web for a centrally located hotel to meet my budget, and came up with IQ Hotel, Roma. After viewing the rooms I emailed them and gave them my information. I immediately got a booking three weeks out. When I got there, there was no fuss, and was checked in straight away. I booked my city tour and transportation to the airport for the following day at check-in time. IQ Hotel, Roma turned out to just what I needed - centrally located, close to transportation, dining, shopping and anything a traveller may need. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: The staff will take care of you
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanjiru W
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Only in Rome for one night, so needed to check in as early as possible. I emailed them in advance - and at 10.30am they had their first freshly prepared room available for me - excellent service.
Nice, clean, - very good beds, - you couldn't ask for anything else in terms of accommodation.
Staff were multilingual and very helpful.
Location isn't bad - a very good base for visitors to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends