“Excellent Guide and Tour!”

Gioia Private Tours & Trips
Ranked #114 of 787 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tours and Trips all over Italy, based in Rome & Tuscany for your driving tours and private shore excursion. 30 years experience. We have a NEW tour, Rome guided tour by Golf Carts. We drive the narrow streets where the locals live and work and special tour for disables.Enjoy Italy with us. Experience the real Italy !! GPT&T provides all types of Transportation and Touring Services in/to or from Italy, driving spotless, late-model Mercedes vehicles and using fully licensed, insured, professional English speaking drivers. With GPT&T, you can relax and enjoy the ride.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Guide and Tour!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had been searching for weeks for car driven tours around Rome to accommodate my first-timer mom who is suffering from some lumbar issues. I stumbled upon Roberto’s golf cart tours on TripAdvisor and booked a whole day city tour and a separate day trip to Assisi and Orvieto. He was quick to reply and worked around our schedule and convenience. In person, Roberto is engaging, warm, funny, flexible and very knowledgeable! The golf cart took us in and out of the small streets in Rome and had us at the edge of our seats when we rolled right next to the fast cars in the bigger streets. I will never forget the stares we got as we zoomed past people!

On our trip to Assisi and Orvieto, we made changes to his planned itinerary and for a minute I worried over how well he would receive our suggestions. To my relief he was very laid back and sincerely receptive to our input from the very beginning. That set the tone for a very enjoyable and memorable day trip. To this day, when my mom talks about our trip she remembers fondly the very nice people and Roberto always gets a special mention.

We will be back for more tours, Roberto!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank eucalyptic
Roberto C, Manager at Gioia Private Tours & Trips, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Buongiorno !! Thank's a lot for your kind review, the 1st one of the 2014 !!
Hope you had a great New Year's eve at home with yours and wish you all the Best for 2014.
Let me know when you start to plan a new trip to Italy and I'll be very happy to guide you around.

This is a Big Hug and look forward to see you soon.
Ciao a presto

Roberto

London, United Kingdom
“Very knowledgeable and friendly tour guides”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The tour was very enjoyable and really enriched my experience of Rome. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and began the tour with an interesting introduction to the history of Rome, and took us around main attractions such as the piazzas, appian way, catacombs, pantheon while explaining to us the history of it. They also answered all our questions patiently and accommodated our requests. We dined at a very warm and cosy place for lunch as well and visited a good pastry shop at the end of the tour. Would not have appreciated Rome as much without their help. thank you so much!

Durham, United Kingdom
“Rome Golf Cart Tour”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Enjoyed the Golf Cart Tour a lot! It was excellent and one doesn't have to worry much about the traffic when touring around Rome in a Golf cart. Tour guides were friendly and well-informed, answering all our questions and telling us about the history of not only rome, but of Italy as well. They even brought us to experience the local home-cooked meals, which were delicious and felt very heart-warming. It costs 84 euros for about 4 hour tour and I think it is so much worth it than just taking city tour buses. Tour includes many historical landmarks and also got to visit the Rome market. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! :):)

London, United Kingdom
“Rome Golf Cart Tour”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Tour was excellent! The tour guides were very friendly, extremely informative and knowledgeable. They helped answer many of my queries regarding Rome and provided a lot more information than I could ever ask for. They also stopped by a very homely restaurant for lunch where we had some pretty awesome fagioli. All in all, I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to know Rome better and wouldn't mind having personalised and experienced guides driving you around the streets of Rome in a golf cart!

“Great way to see Rome”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had arranged a tour for our Group of 12 in advance. They reconfirmed everything pro-actively the evening before and picked us up at the Hotel right at the agreed time.

Driving through the city with the carts is a Fun experience and allows you to see places you couldn't reach that easily otherwise.

Roberto and his colleagues are great drivers AND tour guides (i have been to Rome multiple times before and still they showed me lots of new places).

I highly recommend them!