“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Review of Moai Home B&B

Moai Home B&B
Ranked #1,562 of 3,710 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We booked this "bed and breakfast" as a group, and unfortunately it was a BIG mistake. When we booked it we thought that it was for four rooms and each room had a bathroom. When we arrived we only had two rooms and two bathrooms. BIG SHOCK. We thought that the price was great for the fact that we would have four rooms, but alas it was too good to be true. We tried to contact Luana, the manager (still not sure if she is the owner or manager...) but her phone didn't work. We had to email her to figure out what was going on... eventually she met us when all of our group arrived. She wasn't helpful at all. She didn't try to remedy the situation. Then she mentioned that there was a tax per person per night that WAS NOT mentioned in the advertisement on this page - where it says "optional" it's not, it's required. There had been no mention of it in the email reservation/confirmation, either. For travelings students it's hard to cough up more money when you thought that the price was great for what you were getting - but after realizing it was NOT worth what we were paying we were not happy. She then mentioned that her assistant would be at the b&b every morning and evening. I think I saw her once after that. Throughout our time there we only got 1 change of towels, I even called to try to get new towels and she said they don't work after 5 on Sundays. I asked why, then, would she say her assistant would be there every morning and evening if she really wasn't? It was extremely discouraging. Our room was not vacuumed. We had noise complaints that we were too loud, but we could hear EVERYTHING going on in the kitchen and rooms next to us because the building echoes everything. I had a wonderful experience in Roma, but I would NOT recommend staying here. Luana will NOT help you at all if something happens. I forgot to mention that in the other room we rented the shower head didn't work the entire time, only the adjoining shower head you can hold by hand. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STAYING HERE.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tina O
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Hello Tina,
I'm glad you have enjoyed Rome, it is a wonderful city with a thousand possibilities.
I am sorry that you have made a mistake with your booking.
Thanks for the review ...! Get feedback from our customers is always a good tool to improve the service.
The Moai Home is a bed and breakfast that rents rooms and doesn't rents the whole apartment. You have made a reservation for 6 people through an internet portal that describes well the structure consists of 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms for a total of 10 beds.
It was not possible to give you the full bed and breakfast because you had only booked for 6 persons.
The price paid was without discount but it was planned for 6 people in 2 triple rooms very comfortable with private bathroom.
Before your arrival in Rome I sent 4 e-mail to John Pollow (the guy who made the booking on the website) asking for more information about your group and asking if he needed directions to get at the structure.
Unfortunately i have never got e-mail back from John.
The Moai Home phone number is always on service, but you have an American phone so you had to dial the international code 0039 and then number to get through.
As soon as i got your message asking me to meet each other I got right in to the structure explaining you the mistake that you made on your booking and the obligation to pay taxes (2 euros per person per night).
Taxes are provided by law from the town hall of Rome.
Then I presented my co-worker who is always at the b&b from 10 to 18:00 from Monday to Friday. Unfortunately if you didn't meet her is because you used to go out very early in the morning and came back very late in the night infact we got a lot of complained from other customer and from our neighbors about the noise and shouting during the night.
I know that a group of students want to have fun on holiday abroad the country but the most important thing is to do it respecting the rules.
I hope that you will came back to Rome soon.... making sure you make the reservation in the right way.
See you soon ..!

Luana

There are newer reviews for Moai Home B&B

Reviewed May 24, 2012

When you first step into the apartment, you'll notice that it is nicely furbished. The room is comfortable and comes equipped with all the necessary items needed for a traveller. Very clean. You don't have to worry about getting hungry at night, cause there'll be snacks available anytime. The apartment is also around 15 min by bus to the city center.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KennethLui89
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Moai Home it's a pretty recent B&B with perfect accomodations. Specially done for people who like simplicity, comfortable and design rooms, yes there you will feel at home. The people in Moai are awesome, with great hospitality and always available to some kind of doubt. This B&B has a bus station few meters away, on a central "Via" where you can take the bus for everywhere in the city. Great experience for a first time in Rome, hope to get back soon. Thank you my friends. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miguel M
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very nice and comfortable place located in a very elegant and quiet neighborhood.THe service was very good, the beds were confortable and the sheets were crist and smelled beutifully. The place is close to the Villa Ada park and the catacombs of Priscilla- worth seeing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I totally enjoyed my time here. I travelled alone and found this place very safe and secure. The rooms and its modern facilities were a nice touch and felt very homely. It was always clean, tidy and comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone. Its location is very close to the city centre, and if you were to use public transport you could find yourself in the city centre within 15 minutes. Public transport is very good in Rome so you don't need to wait very long for any bus. This BnB has many cafes, bars and restaurants within a short walking distance from its premises. Also the cost is very reasonable. If I was to return to Rome and I hope too again, I would definitely book with MoaiHome.

Tracey :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed staying at this B&B. Our room was always impeccable, during our stay we always slept in, in the morning I would have great chats with the cleaning lady (she spoke italian, I didn't), she was very passionate about Italy and gave us great tips on where to go and what to see.
The room itself was very modern, the pictures shown here are true to the rooms. I loved the shower, and our bed was very comfortable.
Due to the location, I recomend this place for people who arent affraid of using public transportations or walking a little. There is not much to it, from the airport there is a train that will drop you off within a 5 minute walk (Nomentana Station), Bus stops are close by, and there are express busses that will take you into the downtown area in 15minutes.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jurkevicz
Reviewed June 5, 2010

One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. Exactly as it looks in the pictures. It is clean, comfortable and it felt like home. The rain shower was AMAZING! I do not have one at home, so it was a nice treat. Shower was quite big, had room for 2. I loved the layout of the room as well. Great balcony, great breakfasts'. Free Wifi.

They welcomed us with their arms wide open. And they let us know which sights to visit and when.

A couple of things to note: unfortunately the rooms arent soundproof. So you will hear everything in the kitchen area in the morning. That woke us up every morning. We had to pay in cash, which wasn't a problem. It is about a 15-20 mins bus ride to the train station. However, there are a lot of buses that can take you there.

The directions could have been more clear as well. It was a bit of an adventure trying to find the place. If you are coming from the bus station (90A Express), get off at Val D'Aosta. Go back over the bridge, take a hard right, then another right on Via Tripoli and then follow the map that give you. There was a pizza place in front of the B&B, and also a grocery store too, which we used a lot.

We loved this place.o