“unexpected find of non pasta/pizza dishes”
Review of El Norteno

El Norteno
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
El Norteno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,111 of 13,067 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: ristorante “El Norteno” è situato nel cuore di Roma, a pochi passi dalla stazione Termini, ed offre alla sua clientela il meglio della gastronomia Peruviana, squisita nelle sue specialità di pesce e frutti di mare tipici delle coste nordiche del Perù, nonché nei ricchi piatti di carne propri della cultura andina . Il locale è ampio, accogliente e familiare e dispone di un confortevole spazio esterno. Offre un ottimo rapporto tra qualità delle materie prime offerte e i prezzi praticati.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

we were please to stumble upon this place and on an empty stomach i might add.

food portion was good and the spicy chutney blend well with the beer.

i wished i had ordered the cerviche to sample

1  Thank ranaeel

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Nice experience and a great variety of items. Ceviche was very good, seafood was also good. The restaurant is a casual setting.

1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was the first time I was eating food from Perù. I like it, specially the main dish and one of their homemade cakes. I think you should pay attention of what you choose if you want to eat well, but I could see it was ok overall. The price it's ok.

1  Thank Antonio M
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Lovely Peruvian food with the latinamerican taste. Highly recommend place with generous and delicious dishes and an excellent service.
If you are looking for the south American cuisine, El Norteno is a must!!!

1  Thank Jose Alberto R
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

So my In-laws and my Wife stumbled upon this restaurant the other night and we had to go back the day after because it was delicious. I had the Bistec with Egg and rice and beans and salad and OMG. My entire family aggreed that after having Italian food for so long we needed a change and wow we're we impressed. I recommended to anyone.

1  Thank GabKay1113