“When in Rome ... stay with Daniele and Livio”
Review of A View of Rome

A View of Rome
Ranked #18 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I went to Rome with my mother last weekend and stayed in this fantastic B&B, which feels like having an apartment in a great part of the city. The accommodation is clean, tasteful and comfortable at a good price. The view of St. Peter's and the Vatican palace is unbeatable. The location is good for transport links and nearby restaurants. Rome can be noisy, but the apartment is quiet and we had no trouble sleeping.

Daniele, Livio and Simona really care about their guests enjoying Rome and the surrounding countryside and could not be more helpful. They organise travel connections and day trips, suggest ways of beating the crowds, recommend restaurants and give special tips about what Italians do in town. They are very friendly and love to talk about current affairs, their travel experiences and cooking (in several languages). It was my mother's birthday while we were there and Daniele delighted her with a gift. That's not just service, it is hospitality.

I will go back to Rome some day with my wife and sons and when I do we will stay at this B&B. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard T

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B for 6 nights and had the best time! The rooms are clean and welcoming, the location is great but it was definitely the staff (Livio mostly) who made our stay so memorable and enjoyable. From the moment we arrived we felt like family and nothing was an issue. Livio's knowledge of Rome and the best way to see it was awesome and having his advice saved us time & money as well as making our holiday so enjoyable! I would recommend this accommodation to anyone and would stay there again if I ever get back to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy N
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had our first stay with B&B A View of Room in April 2011. We were back in Rome in June 2013 and stayed there again. We were there for 4 nights this time, in the larger family room at the end of the hall plus the smaller room (without the view of St. Peters but with an en suite bathroom) for our 17 year old nephew. This visit was every bit as excellent as the first visit!

The rooms are clean and very well appointed with wifi access, a mini refrigerator, satellite television and more. Since our last visit, the linens have been upgraded to give a "newer" feel to the rooms. I understand the bathrooms will be remodeled soon, but they are perfectly fine as they are. The location cannot be beat. It is just a few minute walk to St. Peters Square, a short walk to the Ottaviano Metro Stop, and directly on the path of a few main bus lines.

Hands down, the best part of this B&B is the service. They have the best hospitality of any hotel we have visited anywhere. We missed Livio this visit as he was out for his wedding, but Daniele and the rest of the team were there to provide top notch service and meet all of our needs. In addition to a great breakfast, we could always count on Daniele to provide excellent "travel support". He is very helpful at providing recommendations (including timing, transportatin, costs etc) of all possible outings and restaurant choices.

Two short examples: (1) We were delayed coming by train from Venice. We called Daniele and he made arrangements to have Filipe meet us when we checked in. (2) We had to leave the hotel around 5am to go to the airport. Simona made arrangements for a private driver to meet us in the morning. She provided us with the make and color of the car, phone number of the driver, and Daniele's phone number in case there was any trouble. Of course there was no trouble, and the driver was waiting out front 15 minutes early. These folks are so helpful, friendly and dependable. They truly make the stay a WONDERFUL experience.

This is our home away from home in Rome. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tbviramontes
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Really well situated for all the attractions, in particular the Vatican. We walked to all the major attractions. The real win at this hotel is the welcome and help from the friendly staff - better than most 5* hotels at twice the price.

Room Tip: all looked ok from what we saw - there are only about 5 rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveljunkie014
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I cannot express how happy we are with our rooms at "A Touch of Rome" B &B. Staff helpful giving directions lining up transportation and best off very, very clean rooms. We are a party of six and all are very happy.

Highly recommend, Joyce from Michigan.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Sadly we only stayed a night as we headed down south but our stay here was memorable!

Firstly, we had a late flight and rushed to the hotel using a can to get there by 10pm. Thankfully we did but no one was around. Called and the staff quickly came to let us in and also took the time to offer us drinks and show us recommendations for the night (was late!).

The next morning was laughs with the owners whilst making us feel welcome upon us leaving, less than 10 hours after arriving!

Wonderful stay, great location and great views. Well recommended! Hopefully we will be back for a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I just stayed one night at a touch of Rome but I couldn't ask for anything more. The rooms where better than I was expecting. The staff were very helpful and gave me great advise about how to make the most of my stay. They gave me great tips on where to go, the best order to do things and where to try the best local food! I was very impressed and would highly recommend staying here

• Stayed: August 2013