“Nice, out of the way lunch spot”
Review of L'Angoletto

L'Angoletto
Ranked #2,280 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This very nice restaurant near the Piazza Navona is in a small piazza that is quiet and off the beaten track. They have outdoor seating under an awning with gas warmers if it is chilly outside. We sat outside in November for lunch and were warm enough. The menu has lots of seafood. We had some of the best fried baby octopus I have ever had. We shared a pasta with meat sauce and arugula salad that were both excellent. Their focaccio is fabulous, warm and crisp. They have house wine which was just fine. The service was friendly and helpful. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Andrea S

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just behind Pantheon, is this very good restaurant. We have eaten here several times and food and service has always been superb. This visit was a different experience, because the ox tail (coda alla vaccinara) my wife had, wasn't tender/good.
The staff offered almost everything to make it a good experience - another thing from the menu - they took it very serious. But it's difficult to accept another serve, when the rest of the family have finished their meal.
But very professional - when we received the bill, the ox tail was removed and we didn't paid for that.
That's the reason that we give them a second chance.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's hard to believe that this restaurant is in the tourist quarter. Tucked away in a little piazza within steps of the Pantheon, we have eaten here 3 times and loved every meal. It was first recommended to us two years ago by our hotel, Albergo del Senato, which is nearby. This time, we made it our first "nice meal" and enjoyed bucatini all'amatriciana, lasagna, fresh salad and dessert. We splurged with a nice bottle of Amarone. Roberto was our waiter - funny and attentive. We enjoyed our meal so much that we came back later in our trip to bring friends. That time, the wife again had the lasagna (she isn't very adventurous), and I had the osso buco with rice, with Domenico as our waiter - again, another great time, good wine. We will be back!

2  Thank GeorgiaBill
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We also stumbled on this restaurant. The beautiful women at the door encouraged us to come in and the fresh fish was tempting. The wait staff was quite gracious in helping with the menu and wine list. We had an amazing sea bass covered in a potato scallop and olive oil that was to die for. They also have fish cooked in salt that looked wonderful also. This is a must do in Rome.

1  Thank Shirlpnp
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Co-worker and I stumbled upon this restaurant on a cozy little quiet piazza while walking around waiting for another restaurant to open. There were no other diners there at the time, but while we were looking over the menu, a waiter appeared and told us they would be opening in 20 more minutes. Nevertheless, he graciously invited us to have a seat, and even though they weren't open yet, he served us drinks and brought us bread while we waited.

I ordered the Mussels and Clams appetizer in a white wine sauce, which was fabulous! Even though I think they specialize in seafood, we were craving meat! So, for the main course, I had Saltimboca while my co-worker ordered a steak. Both were delicious, perfectly prepared and came with a side of potatoes. We ordered a bottle of the house wine and it was superb! By the time we finished our meal, the terrace was filled with diners.

I would say the prices are slightly higher than most of the tourist trap restaurants in the area. But, you get what you pay for, and this meal was certainly worth the few extra euros. And the service could not have been better! I would gladly return the next time I am in Rome!

1  Thank zman064