“good Italian dishes”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed March 17, 2013

good food... i love their risotto! for my appetite I think the servings were quite generous. The staff are also friendly and nice considering I'm an Asian.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been dining at this delightful restaurant since 1994. Lovely location in city centre, feels as if you are far away from all the tourists, yet a few blocks from Pantheon. The food has been consistantly wonderful, while staff is accomodating, will make even specialized items. Service is very friendly and competant. Excellent menu and wines. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank oconnorja
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotel had suggested this restaurant. When we first arrived, I thought we had made a mistake as it seemed very touristy (not an Italian to be seen). I was happily surprised, however, when the food that came out. It was all very, very good. My advise, trust your server...he seemed to steer us towards everything worth having on the menu!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were cheated in this restaurant and obliged to paid a lot of money to a very little amount of dinner.There was a huge gap between the menu cost and the final cost.When we objected to the final cost they shouted at and threatened us .They are the robbers of Rome.

2  Thank Caner U
Chef_Caputo, Owner at L'Angoletto, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, we apologize that you had a less than favorable experience at our restaurant. We strive to always provide our clients with an excellent and consistent dining experience. I as the owner personally oversee my staff in order to ensure all our clients leave satisfied.
Please let me address your comments:
- What has brought us consistent success is professionalism and honesty, therefore I am perplexed that you did not ask to speak to the owner (me). What you have written is absolutely impossible. Before a bill is given to a client the server reviews all the items ordered by a table and the prices are reviewed and checked by me.
- We do not yell and threaten clients. Our reputation has been built mostly on repeat clients from Rome and around the world. I take personal offense to your comments as I do not run my business in this manner even in the face of blatant ignorance. If what you are saying has even a shred of validity I wonder why the proper authorities were not called to resolve the situation. As I am here every night I do not recall any such incident so I am wondering who 'yelled and threatened you'.
- You visited our restaurant in September but chose to write such a review in February of the following year, perhaps your recollection of events faded with time.
Despite your previous experience I would hope you would accept my personal invitation to come back so we can leave you with a favorable experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Having a nice diner in Rome on Sunday evening turns out to be more challenging that I thought - after having realised that all of my usual places are shut down after a week of hard work, I end up at Agnoletto with, I must confess, quite some hesitation, mainly due to its location - at barely 150 m from Pantheon, it seemed way too touristic to be any good. Lucky enough I was wrong.

Located on a small old square, with a nice terasse (no view but kind of local spirit), Agnelotto is clearly not known for its decoration but, food-wise, it stands competition with most of well known Roman restaurants - pasta were absolutely delicious (you must try taligliatelle con cacio e pepe as well as fusili with sea bass and zucchini flowers) as was home made panna cotta with berries.

Proximity to Pantheon reflects however on prices, often totally out of sync with the place and clearly aiming at a bit naive random guest, so one has to navigate smartly between decent prices and crazy items.

All in, a good place for Sunday evening when other options are not available.