“Excellent service and care for foreign travelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #4 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Hashmonaim Israel
“Excellent service and care for foreign travelers”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent a lovely long weekend at My Guest Roma from 31/10-04/11. It is a comfortable cosy family orientated B+B a relatively short walk from the metro and buses just outside the main tourist centre of Rome. The decor is avant guard , modern and interesting and the rooms were spotless and cleaned every day . Stephano the owner was very helpful even before we arrived. He sat with us when we first came explaining where to go in Rome and helping us find our way . He was available for lots of questions and provided services with ordering meals on request. He gives excellent service and we highly recommend it for those who are looking for a safe comfortable home away from home
Fay and Jonathan Turetsky Israel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Perfect! I didn't know what to expect when booking this B&B and was positively surprised by what I found. My guidebook warned that B&Bs in Italy are usually apartments turned into tourist accommodations and are sometimes even hard to find. It also warned that a standard Italian B&B would not provide assistance at the reception 24/7 as the proprietors do not necessarily live on premises. We found My Guest Roma of very good value and decided to give I a try .

I have to say the management anticipated each of our needs at check in and they spent with us about an hour. On a couple of occasions when we needed assistance in the evening, Stefano was easily reachable anyway.

The location is wonderful: 5 metro stops from Colosseum, 1 from Tiburrtina Station, 2 from Termini Central Station.
Rooms and bathrooms are new, large, and mostly importantly - CLEAN.
The area is totally urban – do not expect to be in a suburb! - but was quiet enough to sleep with the windows partially open.
Breakfast was rich . Again we appreciated being able to have it served on the premises rather than having to go somewhere else (which we read is also very common at Italian B&Bs )

All in all, knowing what a B&B offers, MGR is undoubtedly a great place to stay at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I normally never write reviews of hotels, but this place really deserves a raving one: on each of tripadvisor parameters ( location – rooms – service – value – cleanliness) I found it absolutely outstanding.

It is a homey small B&B with a 5 stars customer care. It is just outside of the ancient Roman walls , close to the Borghese and Barberini villas .

With Stefano explanations we were able to navigate the city in a swift. Buses go straight to the city center 24/ 7 and we found it just so convenient!

Rooms are modern, fully equipped (with wi-fi, in room fridge, safe deposit box ect) and filled with light. The furniture is functional and beautiful.

I loved the neighborhood. Everything is just at hand and we loved each of the several restaurant Stefano had recommended to us. Without a doubt, a great find!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 2-year-old son, stayed three nights here. Stefano and his staff are truly nice people who go out of their way to ensure their guests are oriented well to Rome and all that it has to offer - their service is outstanding. And the place is quite clean. But I simply cannot give this B&B a high rating because of its poor location (no good restaurants nearby and it takes an 8-minute walk followed by two Metro stops, a change of trains and two more Metro stops to get to the main offerings of Rome), terrible breakfast (one of our worst during our whole month in Italy), and some other "quirks" such as an occasional smell of sewage (the rooms are located on the bottom floor of an old building) and cheap, uncomfortable linens. I wish Stefano and his staff all good things, but I felt that TripAdvisor readers deserve to know about our experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank ElizabethPMcG
NY
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Location is great. A short walk from buses and a metro. Really quick and convenient to get anywhere and you are out of the noise and congestion of central Rome. There are shops and nice restaurants in the area as well.
The highlight of the B&B is the owner Stefano. He has carved out a niche with customer service. He is a tour guide. He makes sure you know all the available sights. He helps to select package alternatives. He even lent us a computer for our stay so we could make reservations, which we then sent to him and he printed out. And he will have your laundry done. Takes it from your room and returns it to your room at a very reasonable price. How nice is that.
When I didn't feel well he walked me to the pharmacy to translate.
We stayed for 5 nights and then went south. He offered to let us store things that we wouldn't need for that leg of our trip. We then spent the last night before we flew out. Of course he arranges taxis.
If you like being taken care if this is as good as it gets.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just returned from a Rome holiday, during which we stayed 5 nights in this lovely place. We can use only very positive superlatives to describe our experience. The guest house is located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Rome, away from the the crowded, noisy and busy touristic places. Transport is easy enough- there are two buses very near to the house and many other buses, a tram and a Metro station, within a walking distance.
The room was so pleasant, such nice decor (beautiful marble flooring) and absolutely spotless ( the room is cleaned every day)- everything in the room is very comfortable.
Breakfast is fine and generous and Gabriella, who serves the guests in the dining room is very sweet. However, the highlight of the whole experience is Stefano, the owner. We arrived in the evening, but he was there to welcome us personally and then 'insisted' on spending a whole hour with us to guide us with a map and books where to go and what to see (we did follow his suggestions and did not regret it at all). He comes to the dining room every day and is there to guide, to advise or help with any matter. All this Stefano does with a big smile and a lovely sense of humour- thank you Stefano, we feel we have a friend in Rome!

Dresden, Germany
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in October 2013.... We loved it! This is the first time I have ever written a review and this place is worth sharing about. Stefano is genuine, kind, trustworthy and helpful! He sat down with us for at least 45 minutes when we arrived to tell us about Rome and even asked what we would like from the bakery for breakfast. He is gifted in genuine hospitality and the whole place is filled with warmth. Any need we had, he helped us as if we were family! He is flexible and goes out of his way to make his guests feel special. The rooms and bathrooms are super CLEAN and comfortable!! The value for the money is exceptional. At times, the location felt a bit far out.... But it was worth it. Overall, it really IS as good as the reviews say. We felt like it was a home away from home and highly recommend it!