My Guest Roma
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$649
$321
$303
Travelocity
1,041 results
All reviewskosher breakfasthost stefanob bhelped us planhome away from homebed and breakfastevery morningbus linesa short bus ridepublic transportationguest housepastriesquiet neighborhoodgreat place to stay in romesmall fridgetrip to romea wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yes, the best thing about this B&B is Stefano. He is an absolutely gracious host, who is willing to go above and beyond to help you enjoy the city and make sure you are comfortable. As some of the other reviewers have said, the "negatives" are that the breakfast room is quite small (I think they do try to account for that, as they ask you to estimate what time you will have breakfast the day before), and the B&B is not close to the city center and attractions (although the bus stop is fairly close). If you are weary of taking public transport, you might take that into consideration, since you will have to take the subway/bus to get to and from the city center. We didn't have difficulty with the transportation, especially since Stefano explained everything and made sure to let us know what lines to take. The only thing that would have made our stay more enjoyable is if the door to our room (in the basement part of the property) was more soundproof. We could hear the other guests' doors opening and closing, as well as talking in the hallway in the mornings. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay in Rome, and would love to be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter and I spent 3 nights at My Guest Roma in order to explore all Rome had to offer. The booking was handled in an efficient and friendly manner, and Stefano was there to meet us both personally on arrival. The room was clean, modern and comfortable, and located in a pleasant, safe area. The bus and Metro stops are conveniently close by, and the breakfast was very good. Stefano was so very helpful, recommending places to visit and eat, and he was very attentive throughout our stay. We had a great time and were so pleased we decided to stay here where we were well looked after.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent 4 nights at My Guest Roma in early April. I feel guilty that it has taken us so long to write a review as we had a fantastic stay, and I feel I should share our experience with other prospective guests...
Right from the time of booking, I was very impressed with the level of customer service: Gioia was always very quick to respond to our emails, and to answer our questions in a very friendly and comprehensive manner. Upon arrival, our expectations were again exceeded: despite an early morning arrival, our room was ready, which made all the difference after a 20h flight! The room was clean, big and bright, with a very confortable bed, and a spotless bathroom. On the first day, Gioia sat down with us and spent a good hour telling us about public transport, places to see in the neighbourhood, touristic attractions etc. Without even asking him, Stefano offered to pre-book our tickets to Galleria Borghese: I am so thankful he did, as we would have probably missed out otherwise (the museum is very popular, and booking a few days in advance is essential during peak season: e.g. we visited on a Thursday, and read at reception that there were no more tickets available until the following Tuesday!).
Each day, Stefano would greet us at breakfast, asking about our plans, giving advice, and being genuinely interested in making sure that our experience of Rome was the best possible. The other staff were also very warm and friendly, always willing to help.
We very much enjoyed the location, it is in a quiet suburb with nice parks and streets to explore. Although it is not in the city, access to public transport is easy, and it was actually nice to come back to our quiet room after a busy day visiting Rome.
My Guest Roma is a great place to stay, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Rome. Credit must be given to Stefano, he is a fantastic host, his enthusiasm is contagious and one could not think of a better host!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Even before my stay I already knew I was going to be well taken care of at My Guest Roma as both Stefano and Gioia were fantastically helpfull arranging my stay via mail, despite my very late request, and went above and beyond to make sure I was as comfortable as possible from beginning to end. The room was immaculate, spacious and all the staff were fantastically helpfull and sweet. As I was in Rome on a pretty busy training course I had little time to actually explore the beautiful city, but Stefano made sure that what time I had roaming around wasn't wasted and helped me find suitable and delicious restaurants (being vegetarian) and recommended lovely places to visit during my time off, including directions on how to best get there.

I want to thank everyone at My Guest Roma for providing me with such a positive experience and know I cannot see myself staying anywhere else on my next visit to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UmaYoga
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived before 10am and rang the door bell at the main door several times thinking someone is going to buzz us in without realizing that it is going to wake the whole building up! Stefano came out to greet us and had us check-in to the room despite the fact that the previous guests just left and the clean hasn't been cleaned. We were able to stow our luggage and placed the important travel documents in the safe. Even though Stefano was obviously busy, he still spent almost an hour getting us acquainted with the area and the city.

The room is spacious; we had an extra single bed added. In Italy, there is a pull string in the bathroom that is used to alert others in case you need help. We learned that one night when the couple next room pulled it several times and Stefano came down to check on it. This alarm doesn't wake the whole building up though, just your neighbor. The quirky decor and color combination give the place a unique atmosphere.

Transportation to Termini is convenient but the bus can be packed even at 7am on a Sunday. Location wise, My Guest Roma is away from the crowd and city center, the area is surrounded by embassies making it a diversified community. The fact that Carrefour is just right across the street adds to the convenience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends