“Rome Visit - Outstanding Accommodations”
Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #5 of 3,780 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were guests in Stephano Milano's "My Guest Roma" in early November 2012 for 11 days.

Summary: Just before our Rome visit we had just completed a two week tour with a 5 star guided tour company, so our tastes were set quite high. There simply were no disappointments. No 5 star facility in Rome could have provided more useful/hospitable accommodations. This resulted in a most efficient and enjoyable visit.

The Facility: Located in a quiet and safe neighborhood, less than a block from the bus, a 10 minute walk to the metro (10 minutes to Rome center). Several excellent restaurants are in easy walking distance (especially the Chinese one just across the street), as well as pharmacy, full service grocery and banking. Our room was very large by European standards, simply but well furnished, with ample closet space, firm and most comfortable beds, a small refrigerator, a nice bath with a small but adequate shower and absolutely spotless. The room was very quiet with no disturbances from either inside or outside noise. Internet signal was strong and a loaner laptop was available on request. An assortment of umbrellas were available at the door. The only possible negative was that we were unable to locate any English speaking stations on the TV (that would have been totally unimportant had it not been during the November US election.)

The Breakfast: (A preface -- B&B's in Rome are not allowed to cook for their guests.) There was a very wide selection of breads, rolls, cookies, spreads, cereals, cheese, fresh fruit, juices and most any coffee product one would desire. The breakfasts begin at 8:00 AM but if one's plan calls for any earlier, Stephano would prepare a wide selection of your choosing and put in the room the day before.

The Hosts: Stephano and his staff are the most cordial and helpful and patience hosts that one could imagine. Each day he would ask about our desires, make suggestions, provide maps, brochures and detailed descriptions for transportation. He is most knowledgeable of Rome, its attractions/facilities and makes reservations at those sites requiring such. He is most concerned with the comfort and enjoyment of his guests. One example was that my wife was in need of some medication and he insisted on accompanying us to the local pharmacy, communicating her needs and even convincing them to provide medication which, in Italy, requires a prescription (not in the USA). He makes arrangements for taxi service (including airport pickup) and for the four times we used such, it was very prompt, economical and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bill-ho
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at My Guest Roma for 3 nights. Stefano, the owner, makes you feel right at home. The room was large as I asked for a double room for a single occupant. Upon arriving Stefano takes the time (as long as needed!) to explain the layout of Rome to the uninitiated. He helped me plan my days so I could get the most of my short visit. I was also given tips as far as security, transportation and navigating through the Vatican, best places to go for views of Rome, etc. It is indeed like staying at someones home.
The room itself was spotlessly clean, pleasant, with central heating which was in very good working order, and comfortable.
The B&B is a bit out of the center of Rome, a bus or metro is needed, (about 15 min ride). But, as in any big city very few of us live right in the center. You get very good value for your money. Not everyone can stay in Via Veneto...
I would highly recommend this place.
Thanks Stefano for everything.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank zizintheworld
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the place to be for all the gluten free intolerant who know what it means having to constantly check the food you are served. I have picked My Guest Roma carefully. I was immediately conquered by their customer service. My e-mails were answered within minutes, even after I have already secured the room. For months Gioia and Stefano helped me finalize the smallest details of my trip such as finding a gluten free bed and breakfast in Florence, restaurants, trains .
My expectations were fulfilled. The room looked exactly as on their website, so did the breakfast room with its marble garments on the wall.
Breakfast was incredibly rich, nothing comparable to what I was ever served in other bed and breakfasts or even at a 3 star hotel. Not just with regard to the gluten free variant my daughter had ordered. For instance, hot drinks were prepared in a professional machine which had some 15 options of drinks ( from the chocolate milk based to the water based one, to the mocha, the expresso, black coffee, cappuccino, or light cappuccino...). There were 5 -6 kinds of juices, pastries, cereals, cheeses, seasonal fruits, yogurts.
My daughter was offered everyday a different dish with a variety of salted /sweet croissants, cookies, rice bread, cereals or crackers....all gluten free, and all served by Stefano himself.
Nothing was ever too much of an issue. Once were late at breakfast, but Stefano insisted we would sit and take our time.
He responded to every request with smile. Actually, things didn't even had to be mentioned. For instance, we were helped with our luggage upon arrival and were offered to leave it a secure place upon departure. We particularly appreciated such a service as we felt it to be safe, not being accessible to other customers at all.
The staff personally delivers cases from and to it. With no hesitation I consider My Guest Rome the best gluten free b&b I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Just ask Stefano and he will take good care of you
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank robert k
Reviewed December 2, 2012

stefano was very kind and helpfull the room was new and very clean
and breakfast was execelent !!
the place also has a near by parking wich was very usefull forus
it is located at a very nice and safe steet near piazza bolonia
the best B&B ever!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank naimky
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have to thank the trip advisor for this discovery ! I fully agree with all others: this place is an a rarity on all accounts!

Me and my fried went there for a long weekend. The warn atmosphere and the tastefully arranged rooms are just a start.I loved the lively central neighborhood, a stone thrown from everything. It felt home immediately. I loved Stefano 's warm reception and detailed personal overview of Rome over a warm tea. I enjoyed the neatness of my room, the fresh flowers everyday, the computer provided and the fridge in the room . IThe weather was cold and the room was well heated (but not overheated). It was warm in more than one sense.
I couldn't be more happy with my choice.Last but not least the price I got was was way below all top listed accommodation on this website

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's the best hotel I ever staid in Europe. Fantastic, more than perfect! All staff were very kind and friendly. The room was clean, modern and sophisticated. I strongly recommend this hotel to all.

We were given excellent advice, by Stefano on what to do, how and where to go, what to see and tailored to our needs.This saved a lot of time and took the guesswork out of the sightseeing experience.

Thank you Stafano! We'll coming back:)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stefano gave us many recommendations for places to go while in Rome and really went out of his way to treat us well. The room itself wasn't anything too fancy, but it was spacious enough for the two of us and it was clean. Also, it had air conditioning and a private bathroom, which was nice. I enjoyed the espresso in the morning. It's not within walking distance of any of the main attractions, but you can easily catch the bus or metro and quickly get wherever you want to go. We didn't have any trouble getting around and actually enjoyed being outside of the tourist area. We ate at a nice pizza place nearby where the locals eat, and most of the staff didn't speak English, so it felt like a more authentic Italian experience. The only thing we didn't like was that there is a lot of graffiti in the neighborhood, but I think this is typical of Italian cities and doesn't necessarily mean that it is an unsafe area. This place was a good value, had great service, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple