“Excellent Stay at My Guest Roma”
Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #5 of 3,712 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2012

As others have said, Stefano at My Guest Roma was wonderfully prompt, professional, kind, and helpful. When we arrived December 27, we were welcomed to the 2BR apartment which was home to our family of 4 for 3 nights. (There were bunk beds and a fold-out couch also, which we did not need.)
In the apartment, we had fast (free) wifi, private bathroom, kitchen/sitting room, and two private balconies. The location of My Guest Roma was great, just a few minutes walk to the Metro. Stefano went through the Rome map with us, pointing out areas to visit, patiently explaining how to get there using the buses and Metro. He also made recommendations for places to eat. We particularly enjoyed our dinners at Pizzeria Forno A Legna, one of Stefano's recommendations.
Breakfast at My Guest Roma each day was a treat, from the butler in the breakfast room with his magical coffee machine to Stefano's hand selected bakery pastries.
We agree with the other excellent five-star ratings for My Guest Roma and would definitely stay again on our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for My Guest Roma

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Even from the begining at the reservation stage they alway kept in touch with us and made sure that everything will be suitable for us when we get there.
As we came they welcomed us and let us feel like home.
They set with us on a map showed us what ? where ? and when ? we could and should do.
They always made sure we have all we need and didn't exaggerate while doing so.
The food was good. The room was quite cozy and just perfect.
There was a fast access to the internet both by cable and wireless.
Although the hotel isn't placed in the city center, there is a very good transportation neer by.
The price was reasonable espacially considering it's Rome.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at My Guest Roma on November 27th 2011 for two nights and again, on December 7th for another two nights. We usually stay at hotels when vacationing but for this trip decided to go with this B & B because of its high ratings on Trip Advisor. From the moment of contact, Gioia returned my emails expeditiously and care was taken to explain all of my inquiries, no matter how small. I was debating on whether to stay at a location closer to the Colosseum but Gioia convinced me that all of the tourist attractions would be easily accessible by bus or metro. Indeed, the B & B is one minute from the bus stop and around a seven-minute walk from the metro station. The two rooms that we stayed in were spacious (by European standards), very clean and quiet. The owner, Stefano, took time every morning to go over my travel itinerary, made recommendations for places to eat, and ensured that I had all the information I needed before we left. There was only one small problem as the night we returned to Rome there was no hot water in the shower. I spoke to Stefano about this the next morning and he addressed the issue immediately. When we returned that evening, the problem was fixed.

I recommend My Guest Roma for its high standard of service and great value for money.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions at joachin8@gmail.com

TIP: If you want to save a few dollars, you can take the FR1 train to Tiburtina, then take the metro from Tiburtina to Bologna station. Then take the XXI Aprile exit and walk about seven-minutes along Viale XXI Aprile until you reach the B & B. This option costs $9 ($8 train + $1 metro) versus the $15 you have to pay to take the Leonardo Express and the #90 bus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joannaluvschubby
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I enjoyed every minute at My Guest Roma. We were welcomed and taken care as dear friends. Our host Stefano was very knowledgeable both about the history of Rome and local restaurants. He made every possible effort to ensure we would feel comfortable and fully relax.
The neighborhood is filled with bars and young people; yet it is calm. It is close enough to center city though in a non congested part of town. A supermarket and a post office are a block away. The room was stylish, with character and mostly important clean and quiet. We loved having a fridge where to store our own shopping . Lovely the complimentary Wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The rooms were very clean and well laid out. We would certainly return next time we visit Rome and the Vatican.

Thank you so much for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We've stayed for six nights on November 2011, and like other people write here - we were treated as family. Gioia greeted us when we arrived and explained us everything we wanted to know on what to see, when to see it and where to eat near the B&B and in Rome in general. The rooms are extremely large and very clean, the location is quiet and well-connected, and the price was more than fair. We would recommend everyone going to Rome on this place if they look for a soft landing and a hearty welcome.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

If you want to be treated like family, and have concierge service, this is the place! The room, not fancy but very clean and with all you need, including WiFi, was great. Best was the service - our trips from the airport, and subsequently to the port, were arranged, as were tickets for sites. We were given great info on how to get around Rome via public transportation. The Milano family goes out of its way to make you feel welcome and your visit memorable. It was also nice to stay in a quiet residential neighborhood. Highly recommended, and great value for the money!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends