I am very disappointed with this “B&B”. This is just a remodeled unit inside a big residential building. There is no lobby, no outside sign, and one staff on-site at all. My biggest problem with this arrangement was that the manager showed up 45 minutes late for check-in appointment. We had to wait outside the building on the sidewalk with our entire luggage. We rang the door bell many times and no one answered. We would be very miserable if it was raining or snowing outside. Out of desperation, we used our mobile phone (with very expensive international rate) to call the manager. He said he was on his way. He was 45 minutes late. Manager’s late habit is NOT acceptable at all. Based on this alone, I would not recommend this B&B.
This place has several good points (a) walking distance to Vatican; so if you need to visit Vatican often, this can be good; (b) walking distance to a subway station; (c) there are shops and restaurants nearby; (d) there is a cleaning lady who comes daily.
There are several issues you need to know before booking this place.
(1) All TV channel are in Italian. No English language station at all.
(2) NO Internet connection. Have to walk several blocks for internet café.
(3) There are unavoidable steps inside the building and to enter the bathrooms. There is also a big steep ram in the middle of the unit hallway. If you use wheelchair, walker or cane, do not book here.
(4) The rooms are all of very different sizes. The one towards the front with a long walkway was very noisy in the middle of night when the “theater” closes around midnight.
(5) I do not feel this place should be called B&B at all, as all we got was a voucher for a café down the block for a cup of coffee and a pastry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The I Mulini a Vento B&B is a brand new Bed & Breakfast located in an elegant building in the very center of Rome. In the very middle of one of the most commercial area of the city. Only 100mt far from to St.Peter's Square, 200mt from the Vatican Museums and Castel Sant'Angelo, 200mt far from Ottaviano/SanPietro metro station (linea A). All around there are public parks (to be paid and free) and private garages. The apartment has been totally renovated and it is on the main floor with few steps to get in but no elevator needing.All rooms are furnished with new beds with orthopedic mattress, private ensuite bathroom with shower, bath and shower gel, air drier, air conditioning (automatically manageable hot/cold in all seasons) and dgt tv with local and international free channels. The typical Italian breakfast will be served anytime during the day at the bar just right outside the main door of the building. We are proud of providing most services as an hotel, with all comforts chosen with care and style, according to our familiar atmosphere. Adding more hospitality, warm welcome, calm and quietness typical of a B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your I Mulini a Vento B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.