“Like being at home.”

Ranked #3,141 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Like being at home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

A stay at this small hotel is the essence of comfort. Staff is available not only for making the stay at the hotel comfortable but also for helping visitors find their way around the neighborhood and the city. As a woman traveling alone I felt very safe in this home-like setting. I can happily recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

From the moment you arrive at Locanda San Pancrazio, you are welcomed with open arms. Donnatella (the part owner of the family locanda) helped me take my bags to the room, showed me how to operate all the doors to the establishment and then settled me in with a hot drink up on the terrace. I felt at home straight away...it was like going home to visit my mum :-)
The Locanda is in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Trastever and Rome city...but not too far away.
The rooms and the establishment are clean, and pretty in a contemporary way.
Breakfast on the terrace is a gorgeous way to start the day whilst enjoying the panorama of Rome from 3 sides of the building. Coffee and pastries a plenty. Donnatella will not let you go hungry.
If you don't speak much Italian, the morning staff can help out with translation.
Recommendations for places to eat were also excellent.
They even drove me to pick up my hire car on the day I was leaving because there was a shortage of taxis.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would stay at the Locanda again when visiting Rome.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

I am a regular visitor to Rome and for my last 5 visits this year I have stayed at the Locanda San Pancrazio. Basically, because this hotel has first class rooms offering comfort, lovely decor, cleanliness and tranquility. And even though you are centrally located the area provides absolute calm. I love the fact that Trastevere is only a short walk away and only a slightly further walk to all the other famous location making travel extremely convenient. Love the rooftop terrace with its great views of Rome....spent a few nigths on the roof with my partner enjoying a glass of wine. This place is amazing and the staff (especially Donatella) I have to say are very pleasant, kind and helpful. The Italian lingo was a bit tought but was a lot of fun and we were forced to learn something new which made it all the more enjoyable. Would totally recommend this place and would definitely be returning again and again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have been to Rome many times and I have to say that this last visit was the best ever due to staying at the Locanda San Pancrazio.

The tiny inn is immaculate, cozy and quiet. The owner Donatella is a pleasure and it is worth brushing up on your Italian so you converse with her. The other folks who run the place (Guilia, Bridgette and Paola) are wonderful as well.

The neighborhood couldn't be more quaint, the rooms more plush and big, the terrace more lovely.

I hope this place is discovered and all who stay in Rome can have the amazing experience I did.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Hi everyone,
I decided to rent all the rooms of the Locanda for my family coming to Rome for my wedding in Trastevere.
This place is so nice that I decided to get dressed as a bride at Locanda before going to the church...and I have the most spectacular pictures on the "terrase".
I know pretty well Trastevere and this place is one of the best for this rate. Impossible to get any better there! I visited every single hotel in the area before deciding!
Enjoy Rome!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Ledegem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

We had the luck to stay at Locanda San Pancrazio when we were in Rome. We would definitely stay here again. The room was perfect and clean. Donatella and her staff were extremely friendly. The big advantage this location has, is that although close to all the main places to visit in Rome, it is extremely quiet. Breakfast could have a bit more variation, but there was plenty to eat so we did not starve.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bart060
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

I would love to give this place full five stars but there is a significant problem of no hot water. They tell you to wait - turn it off, then back on, etc etc etc - during our 6 night stay we did not have more than 3 minutes of hot water the entire time. It really is a problem. But....even with that challenge....I absolutely loved this place - so clean, comfortable, perfect location - it's very romantic and tucked away in trastevere. We had an amazing visit -it was an anniversary trip and thankfully we were able to laugh about the water situation - but it really was so hard to believe and so ridiculous that there was no hot water - it would take about an hour to shower since you were waiting for that magic moment of three minutes of hot water! I would absolutely recommend this place if you are not going to get hung up on the hot water thing, and especially if you can speak with them beforehand and get a guarantee you will have hot water, and if not, ask for a reduced rate. They seriously need to get the message that they need to be able to provide hot water because no matter how excellent it is otherwise, people want to take a shower on their vacation :) It is such a gem though, I hope they get the water thing figured out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple