“Awful!!!”

Ranked #1,687 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've visited this restaurant only once during my italian trip and I'll never come back! Better to go to the supermarket, buy some products and cook salad in the hotel, but not waste the money at restaurant Mensa di Bacco!!! I've ordered there the pizza, but I couldn't eat it because it was terrible! Too salt tomato sause, strange cheese (definitely not mozzarella which should be in that pizza). Is it italian restaurant or not???

1  Thank VictoriaSPb
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Mensa di Bacco

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate there 3 times in Nov 13 because it was near the B&Bs we stayed in on 2 separate occasion.

My wife had her best vongole and pollo on our first time there, i had my worst carbonara (too oily!! maybe it was ancient roman recipe and i didn't know who to appreciate it) on our second visit and on our third visit food was fine. The food portions were huge and the staff were very friendly there compared to the other restaurants we had been to in rome. We feel most at home eating there.

The restaurant gets very crowded quickly, seems like many locals like to visit it. Do try it for a more local restaurant feel. A meal here will definitely be lighter on your pocket than most other restaurants in rome.

2  Thank Andy_LMJ
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stopped by for a quick meal before visiting nearby Santa Maria Maggiore. Food is tasty, restaurant is clean and appears to attract locals. Service is fair at best. They just didn't really care. Relatively slow service.

Very good value though. Pizzas are 6 to 8 euros. Pastas similar. If you have time and patience, it's fine. But would not go out of my way to go here.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I are lunch here and was not disappointed! We felt like something light so we went with: bruschetta with tomatoes, bruschetta with garlic and oil, mixed antipasti plate of different cold meats, and cheese. It was perfect! Very fresh and yummy, I could picture myself in nonna's kitchen! Grazie!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I would like to rate it higher but I cant and mainly because of service. We were met friendly, sitted. The first notice was that locals are served with material napkins, when tourist with the paper. Then wet were not provided with wine list, maybe because in most cases people choose table home wine. After the bottle of prosecco was opened, the cork and foil was left on the table. we were served with our dishes but oil, salt and pepper didnt arive.The dishes were ok. My daughter liked lasagna and tiramisu very much. I think that the restaurant is nice for dinning, but with more experienced service.