“Really good home-cooked Roman food in trad setting”
Review of Il Duca

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Dal 1 Giugno Al 30 Agosto La Domenica Siamo Chiusi A Pranzo
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here based on a couple of recommendations and really enjoyed it. It was supposed to have some of the best lasagne in Italy and it is VERY GOOD!!!
Service was mediocre - they got my husband's starter wrong and brought us a bottle of prosecco which we had to ask the waiter to open.
Dessert was amazing - ricotta tart but basically Italian style cheese cake to die for.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had lunch here on our last day so just going for something simple, Florence had spagetti vongole and I had lasagne. The vongole was really rich with butter and had a sprinkling of broken clam shells throughout. The lasagne arrived five minutes after everyone elses main, but it said freshly made pasta so I did not care, however it was micro-waved, badly, as cold in the middle and very stodgy. Not the norm for food here would recommend you headed down the road a bit to Vicolo Caruso.
michael & florence

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The pizzeria we wanted to go to was full, therefore we began wandering around in Trastevere and came upon this restaurant. It has more than fair prices, big and tasty Roman portions (a friend and I ate gricia, the other friend ate ragù, and we all loved it) and the service was extremely kind. No cover charge.
One point less (for its prices and location, it would have deserved 5 stars) because on the outside it says "pizzeria" but it does not serve pizza: I inquired about that and they told me they have stopped serving it just a month ago, but then why not remove the sign?

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We found this place while walking in Trastevere and decided to go in, It was indeed the best decision ever. It was, by far, the best food I had in Rome for 4 days.

The Fiori di Zucca was just amazing and big, as was the carciofi friti. Just amazing, The house wine was very good and my Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe was just amazing, The portion was big, the flavor was spot on and the price was right.

My friend had the Carbonara and it was to die for.

Just really good honest Italian food.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We discovered this restaurant purely by chance. We were looking for some pure roman food and thought it might be an ideal place. Restaurant was very busy the first time we went without a reservation we waited for more then an hour to be seated, but it was so worth waiting. The food is extremely delicious. Its not fancy but it is so genuine, just like good homemade food. The menu was varied and you could have a good choice of purely Roman food. We ended up going three times during our stay in Rome.

2  Thank Samantha1758

Been to Il Duca? Share your experiences!