“Best tours of Naples, Florence and Lucca”

Your Tour in Italy by Aldo Monti
Ranked #5 of 269 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Tour In Italy is an Italian Company specialized in Shore Excursions for cruisers from the main Ports of call in Italy, Day Tours of the most beautiful Italian Cities and private transfers all over the Country. Brand new Mercedes limos and vans and knowledgeable English speaking driving guides will make your vacation a true memorable one.We trust you will enjoy us and maybe find that extra push to come over and discover or rediscover Italy!
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our family of 10 just returned from a western mediterranean cruise.The shore tours we arranged with Your Tour in Italy, were the highlight of the trip. We were met by Domenico and Adriano in Naples and had a facinating, in depth, tour of Pompeii with a multilingual private guide, followed by an exciting ride of the Amalfi roan to Positano and Sorrento with lunch. The guides were very informative, entertaining and accomodating, as well as expert navigators of the streets and roads in Campania.
In Livorno we were met by Marcia who also excelled in her tour of Pisa, Lucca and surrounding areas of Tuscany. Great guides, great vehicles and all at a very fair price.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

While on a med. criuse I decided to book a couple of trips (knowing of course how expensive cruise excursions are) - Through recommendations via TA, I booked two tours with Aldo - we didn't want to spend hours visiting more museums so we told Aldo this and were able to give a vague idea of our ideas and left the rest ot him. The first trip was in Florence. Lisa (our guide for the day) was at the dock to meet us promptly at 8am - she was absolutely wonderful! First visiting Pisa, then onto Florence, a beautiful family run restaurant for lunch, then on to a fabulous tour of a winery in Tuscany... I really don't know how we managed to squeeze everything in! It was a perfect day! Thank you so much Lisa - we loved you, you were brilliant!

Our next day was spent in Rome - we travelled independently by train to the centre - my biggest regret of the whole cruise was that I hadn't also booked this day trip with Aldo.

Fortunately, I had booked with Aldo for Naples. Our driver (Enzo) met us at 8am - he was brilliant - he drove us all the way down to Postiana (further down from Sorrento) stopping en route for photo opportunities and to show us the magnificient views and
to tell us anything and everything about the area - a local through and through! He was brilliant! Lunch was spent at a beautiful family run totally organic restaurant in the hills with the most amazing views up the Almalfi Coast. All this, and he still managed to get us back in time to visit Pompeii before returning to the ship.

I cannot fault Aldo of Your Tour In Italy - if like me, you're on a cruise and worry that you might 'miss the ship' - book up Aldo - all the pressure was taken away by the guides, we saw so, so so much more than if I'd tried to go it alone - their English was perfect and of course the local knowledge was priceless. If we wanted to detour we could, we could choose where (and when) we ate and if we wanted to shop we could for as long as we wanted too, but with gentle reminders from the guides of time limits in order to squeeze in as much as possible! If we returned to the car sooner, they were there ready to take us to the next point of interest. I would not hesitate to recommend Aldos tours to anyone who would listen to me! On a cruise, with only one day in port, obviously you cannot see everything in a day - it's a taster for a return trip - I will definately be returning to both Florence and the Sorrento/Almalfi Coast simply because what I've already seen was fabulous - thanks to Lisa and Enzo. I shall also have to see Rome again, but this time with Aldo Tours simply because I made a big mistake not booking a driver/guide for day! And of course Aldos tours are so much cheaper than a cruise excursion, and so much less hassle than trying to 'go it alone'. Take my advice, don't ponder on it - book Aldo - do it...NOW!

1  Thank ShazzaCornwall
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Excellent!! We returned from a cruise in Mediterranean (wife and 2 daughters of 11 and 13 y/o) and book all my Italy shore trips with Aldo and his company. It was fantastic, really first class attention. I can tell you that a different company at Nice was a rip-off. This other company driver didn't know English and basically just drove around, no explanation. On the other hand Aldo and his group are very good speakers, they have books which they show you before you get to see the attractions. Lisa was our tour guide driver in Florence/Pisa. She took us thru back roads thru Tuscany as opposed to the congested highways. There were frequent stops, pictures taken and were taken into a restaurant ( not just drop off) as well as recommending what to order. She got us in front of the line to see David; don't know how they do it but after a couple of hand gestures and Italian exchange we were inside.
Aldo himself took care of us in Rome. He is outstanding and the advantage of small cars to get thru the busy and congested streets of Rome is awesome. Highly recommend you take the private tour of the Vatican that they arranged for us. They are no lines, no wait just get in front of the line. They took us to the most important parts, they showed books, history but very entertaining. (Even my young daughters enjoyed the history). We really needed more time in Rome but the limited amount of time we covered it all. Keep in mind that after you are sweating of walking in the heat of Rome, there's a luxurious Mecedes Benz van with air conditioner with cold bottles of water waiting for you.

Finally, we had Alberto in Naples. He's oustanding and if I were Aldo I would keep it because he was out of this world. Very professional. Very frequent stops around Amalfi Coast for pictures as well as their recommended restaurant with the unbelievable views. He is very knowledgeable and he's talking about olives, the lemons and the history.Oustanding. We finally took a private tour of the ruins in Pompeii. I highly recommend Your Tours in Italy!! Thank you guys!

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Aldo and his team are simply amazing! I just returned home from one of the best vacations I have ever been on. Upon arriving to Naples, my friend and I were met sharply at 9 am (just like Domenico had said he would). Domenico drove us to Positano and along the way shared stories of history and facts. He took us to a cute little coffee place then showed us where to shop. My friend and I did our walked around until we were ready to leave and met with Domenico again promptly (NEVER had to wait on him) where he took us to a sweet true Italian restaurant with the most magnificent views and excellent food. Afterwords, Domenico drove us to Sorrento while we listened to Italian music and had great conversation. He showed us the best tasting gelato (where the Pope had previously ate at) and where the good market shopping was located. "Your Tour In Italy" is definitely worth doing. I had such a wonderful time and experience and would hands down do it again.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

Over the summer I traveled all around Europe and my last destination was Rome, Italy. I only had one full day there so I decided to find a company that would show me all of the main sights to see in Rome in a day. So, if you have a limited amount of time here, I recommend going through Your Tour in Italy. My tour guide, Aldo, picked me and my friend up from our hotel at 9 am sharp. He then took us straight to the Colosseum, where we got to skip the long line and go straight in. After the colosseum, Aldo took us to a beautiful picture taking spot right in front of the Colosseum. Following that, we went to the Pantheon, the Roman Ruins, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and many other historical landmarks in the city. During all of this, he gave us a good short history of each place we saw. For lunch, he took us to a nice Italian restaurant, away from the tourist area. There we had one of the best pizzas ever. After lunch, Aldo took us to the Vatican, where we also got to skip the line and head right in to see everything. At the end, Aldo took us to the top of one of the hills in Rome which gave us a spectacular view of the entire city. It was one of the most relaxing, hassle-free ways to see everything in Rome and I defiantly recommend it!