“flawless perfection is what Aldo's tour service provides”

Your Tour in Italy by Aldo Monti
Ranked #5 of 239 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Tour In Italy is an Italian Company specialized in Shore Excursions for cruisers from the main Ports of call in Italy, Day Tours of the most beautiful Italian Cities and private transfers all over the Country. Brand new Mercedes limos and vans and knowledgeable English speaking driving guides will make your vacation a true memorable one.We trust you will enjoy us and maybe find that extra push to come over and discover or rediscover Italy!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“flawless perfection is what Aldo's tour service provides”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

There is so much I want to say about my fabulous tour of Rome with Aldo and his touring company so here we go….Aldo greeted us as we first got off the ship and we were on the road to Rome before all the big tour buses and crowds from the ship. That was great!
I knew I liked Aldo immediately because he was easy to talk to, charming, warm, and had a great smile and personality….plus I had corresponded with him for a few months and he was always very prompt with all my emails and I felt like I had already made a friend before we had even met.
Rick and I hooked up with fellow cruisers Janean, Angie, and Miranda, a very sweet family, and we all had a blast in Rome with Aldo.
Aldo immediately captivated us with the rich history of the port city, Civitavecchia and made the long ride to Rome go by fast with his engaging and warm conversation and comfortable van. I felt like I was on a family vacation I was so comfortable with everyone and everything.
We visited the Colosseum first, and of course got the views for the best pictures on a hill across from the site. Then Aldo escorted us across a busy street to the entrance (basically stopping traffic-dare I say risking his butt) so we could explore the interior.
Aldo took us to all the places we wanted to go and many more because he was very good with our time management, although he never rushed us and I never felt hurried…very efficient and organized and the best driver in Rome I believe…we never got stuck in traffic yet I saw many cars that seemed to be at a snail’s pace. His navigation was flawless and I pleasantly surprised with all that we saw and we still had some time to spare…never would of happened if we had toured Rome on our own.
Aldo had a book that showed different stages of the ruins, like the roman Forum and Colosseum for example and as he would give us the history and interesting tidbits of info he would show us how the ruins used to look at these different stages, thousands of years ago before war, looting, natural decay, etc. I thought that was very unique and interesting and I still remember the stuff 2 months later.
As I have said, Aldo is very charming, personable, and thoughtful, and he seems to know no strangers…he knew everyone! After a few sites, he took us to a delightful store and bought us all cappuccinos (see pics) and it was delicious! Puts Starbucks to shame!! Then we saw the Trevi Fountain and a few more sites before he took us to a great pizza house for lunch. We also had gelato at a shop next door. It was heaven for me…pizza and dessert!!!
After lunch our group split up and Aldo took Rick and me to the Vatican Museums and guided us thru the miserably long line in about 2 minutes and up the right stairwell before leaving to take the girls to some more sites. We almost went the wrong way (as we were trying to get to the Sistine Chapel) and Aldo caught us going the wrong way and guided us from behind the gate in the right direction…I thought he had already left but he had been watching us to make sure we went the right way with the massive crowd in there…very nice. That was above the call of duty I think!
We met about two hours later in St Peter’s Square and then headed back to the ship with time to spare…we were all very satisfied with everything we saw but Aldo said we had time to see a few more sites but we were content with a leisurely ride back to the ship…it was a very full and satisfying day. Aldo had one more surprise for us though. He stopped at a place and came back with some homemade sweet delicacies that were “melt in your mouth” good!!! Aldo made us feel like we were royalty and catered to our every desire…thanks Aldo!!! You are the best and you set a very high standard for all the private guides (in the other ports) that followed you!! The ultimate gentleman!
We have already decided to go back to Italy next year and I will be using Aldo and His drivers again for our stay in Tuscany. We can’t wait!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Simply the best!!! - Fran A , Atlanta”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

My friends and I took a cruise to Italy in April. We booked with Aldo for tours in three different ports. Every tour guide that we had went over and above anything that we ever expected. Laura and Francesco took us to Pisa and Florence. They were very informative and made sure that we were able to see the things that were important to us.
In Rome, Aldo was our guide. He really made sure that we saw the best of Rome. He even went out of his way to get us bottles of wine that we had tasted during lunch. There was a festival and the roads were blocked near the pier. Aldo walked us to the bus to get back to the ship to make sure we found our way. He also had Julia as our guide at the Vatican. She was personable and very informed. We had a good history lesson as well as a lot of fun. Our last guide was Dominico in Naples. What a driver. He negotiated the narrow roads to Sorrento and Positano like a pro. He took us to a lovely restaurant overlooking the bay with the best food as well as the best view. All in all, I would highly recommend Your Tour in Italy to everyone. You couldn't ask for any better or nicer guides.

Rome
“Aldo Monti - Your Tour in Italy - Excellent”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We Had Our Aldo Himself as guides. He was very attentive, thoughtful and helpful. When making the booking with HIM He Was Far and Away The most responsive of the guides we Contacted. From meeting us at the pier to dropping us off at hotel He Was Our prompt and reliable all the way. All That And besides he's a very nice person.

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Using this Aldo's tour service made our trip to Italy enjoyable and effortless!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

My husband, son and I travelled to Italy recently. We used Your Tour in Italy to transfer from the Rome airport to Sorrento and back to our Rome hotel. Aldogave us a scenic tour and told us a lot about Italy - it was the perfect introduction to the country. He gave us many reccommendations for restaurants and activities that all lived up to his raves. On the trip from Sorrento to Rome, Aldo arranged a private tour of Pompeii which was a highlight of our trip. All in all, using Aldo's services really made our trip carefree! We highly reccommend him and his company.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“yourtourinitaly.com”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

we booked the above company when we were visiting Italy to show us around Florence and Rome, We can't but praise the professional service that we received on both tours by the guides, they were both very friendly and informative, certainly new there history of both places and would definitely would recommend this company to anyone thinking of traveling to Italy.